Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-10, 22:50
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 185/173/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default possible prostatis?

Seems like once a month I'll have prostatis for about 2 days in a row. First my urinary tract will start burning. Then I'll have pain in my bladder. And then I'll fell pressure in my back. It'll hurt so bad sometimes I won't be able to stand up straight because it'll feel like my bladder will tear if I do. Then when I got to use the bathroom it will be really painfull in my bladder area.

I guess this is a good question for Tom. Is there anything you would recommend for this? Supplements, vitamins, medicine, ext? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-10, 23:13
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Seeking medical advice on an internet forum from untrained people who cannot examine you, can very dangerous. Please, see your doctor about this.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-10, 23:21

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Justin, Rosebud is so right. Go to the doctor. Once a month this happens? You need to go to see the doctor.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-10, 05:34
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 185/173/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress:

Geez guys, thanks for the great advice about going to see a doctor. If you've been following my post you would know I've seen 3 doctors in the past 6 months. All I want is some advice and feedback from other people who may be going through the same thing I am. Like what works for them and what doesn't.

Doctors haven't been much of help to me and I've made better progress on my own. I've had good results and steady progress from doing this my way. If it wasn't for doctors I really believe I wouldn't be going through this mess. I was prescribed high dose antibiotics and wasn't told to maybe take some probotics while I was on them. In fact, if it wasn't for the antibiotics, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this right now. But, I guess that's my own fault for not researching before I started taking them. That's actually what I'm trying to do now, RESEARCH!

If I was rich and had the money to throw around then yeah, I would go see a really good doctor ( somebody who knew what they was talking about ). But, I'm not rich. Anyways, next tiime I wanna ask a question, I'll remember to "go see a Doctor " because that's something I didn't know that I needed to do.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-10, 05:46
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Justin, nowhere in your post does it mention that you have seen a doctor about this condition.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-10, 19:47

Plan: N/A
Stats: 140/140/140 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Hey, justin1984. Sorry it took so long to reply and sorry to hear that your prostatitis is bothering you. Mine has been bothering me a lot lately too. I was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis in 2006. I used to go to the urologist every other month and found it a waste of my time. After the doxycycline that I was prescribed did nothing for me I was told there was nothing else he could do for me. To the best of my knowledge, some forms of prostatitis are caused by bacteria, which is more easily treated, and some forms are a mystery. Apparently, mine falls under the latter. Good luck and I hope you feel better.