Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-06, 10:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/187/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Default Carob and Unpasterized Apple Cider

Hello Everyone ,

I'm new to Candida, was diagnosed two weeks ago. I found a wonderful doctor here in the Dallas area, who speacializes in Candida treatment. I suspect I have been ill with Candida for about 5 years now. You know the story, been to 5 to 6 doctors who couldn't help me.

I have been reading through all the new and old threads looking to see if anyone has used Carob and Unpasterized Apple Cider with success
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-06, 12:54

BF:
Progress:

PUMP......

I put some Unsweetened Carob with my nut mix of Pecans, Pumpkin Seed and Almonds. And boy did it taste GREAT. Hope the Unsweetened Carob is OK to eat on the Candida Diet.

Terry
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-27-06, 13:51
Registered Member

Stats: 150/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I made some popsicles with coconut milk and toasted carob powder, they are great!!!! Carob does have some carbs but I've read it is very healing to the intestines and coconut is supposed to inhibit the growth of candida so I feel pretty good about having this "treat".
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-06, 09:55

BF:
Progress:

That sounds yummy, can you share your recipe . Where did you find the Carob powder?

I found out that I had Candida several weeks ago and found some recipes on the web that included Carob. Carob is new to me and I'm so glad I found out about it. I'm not really counting my carbs yet. I'm following a Candida Diet my doctor has me on and it allows me (2) carbs a day (Veg's, Oat Meal or nuts w/carob).

I'm still investigating the Organic Vineger. There seems to be some conflicting info on the web, some say it's OK and some say NO WAY. I have an appointment with my doctor today, I plan on discussing it with him.

My Candida is so bad, I can't lose any weight so I'm just trying to heal first. I'm not ready to stress out about my weight yet.

Thank you for you reply.

You can get the Carob Unsweeten chips at any Whole Foods store.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-29-06, 08:49
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I get toasted carob powder at a store similar to Whole foods in the bulk area. I have found carob powder in health food/vitamin stores, too. I love the unsweetened carob chips but the ones I have now have milk, I'd like to try the ones w/o milk. Milk seems to be a bit of a problem for me. I used a can of coconut milk and 4-5 Tablespoons of carob powder and one stevia packet, then blended and poured into popscicle molds. Delicious, tastes like german choc. cake!
I stay away from vineagar myself, just too many molds, I'm thinking.
I ate super lo carb for 2 months and didn't lose any weight until I did a liver cleanse and afterwards started taking Yeast Cleanse by Solaray. I was also terribly constipated and the cleansing seemed to help that, too. I'm taking Oil of Oregano now. Also, I eat greens, collards, mustard, kale,etc. everyday with lots of onions. I still haven't lost weight but my body has definately changed shapes!
This is a difficult journey, watch out for die-off symptoms, it is hard to stay on track when starting to feel bad due to killing the yeast. There are some yahoo groups that offer alot of info and support, too. Support is very important!!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-29-06, 11:27

BF:
Progress:

NosugarPLS,

Yeah, I asked my doctor about the Vinegar at my appointment yesterday. He said NO, stay away from all vinegar, during the Candida Diet. Glad I asked before I used it all week.

That's great that you lost weight after your liver cleanse and the Yeast Cleanse by Solaray. I'm on Diflucan and a Multi Bowel Cleanse. My doctor wants to get the Blood/Liver and bowel function under control and healthy.

Doctor sugested I do a Coffee Enema for my liver cleanse. That doesn't sound like a lot of fun, if you know what I mean. There's got to be an easier way.

I only lost 2 pounds this month. Do you have an easy way to cleanse the liver or did you buy a product from the store?

Thank you for the recipe, I can't wait to try it this weekend.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-30-06, 05:37
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I did a liver cleanse that involved malic acid, epsom salts, grapefruit juice and olive oil. You can do a search on the net and find many similar ones, I got mine from the files section of this yahoo group http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/candidiasis/

I wouldn't say it was easy but it was painless. I haven't tried the coffee enema but would like to, I did my first water enema during the liver cleanse to remove anything that could've abstructed the passing of stones, it wasn't that bad, really.
Yoy will prob notice a big difference when you get your bowels and liver functioning better. Good luck and don't forget the probiotics!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 18:58

Plan: Candida Diet
Stats: 120/115/108 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:
Default Doctor Recommendation

Hi Terry721,

Would you please give out the name and location of the Dallas doctor that is treating your Candida. I am not having luck finding a doctor who believes in or treats systemic candida. Thank you.