Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 12:37

Plan: Own LC
Stats: 247/166/155 Female 5'3"
BF:lots
Progress: 88%

It's spring time and I set out some onions and sowed some broccoli seeds yesterday.. I want be long and I will be spending all my time in the yard.. Anyone planning a garden?
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 13:00

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

I was until I found out that we will probably have to move in the next several months. I am planting some bulbs, tho. I also have some fruit trees that I'm planting in containers and I have some tomatoes in containers that I wintered over.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 17:37

Plan: On my own
Stats: 250/244/135 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi
I have received all my seeds in the mail. I am planting some new veggies this year, yellow squash, cauliflower. I have planted my green onions and I hope to have some in the spring and I will let some go to seed and see if I will get more later on. I am planting sunflowers also i was inspired by a VanGogh painting so i hope I have a good summer so i can do some art work too.
happy gardening to everyone

Annie
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 19:17

Are you going to plant spaghetti squash? They're very easy to grow and can be used with spaghetti sauce among other things--and it's very LC.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 05:00

BF:

Hi JAnn,
I am not planting spaghetti squash I was not sure how much space it would take up. I try to buy seeds that are space savers bush plants maybe I'll try to get some seed at the store and see if I can squeeze it in somewhere
I am also growing another new plant japanese baby eggplants
I am the only one in my family that likes squash and eggplant so i have to be careful how much I plant
i can't share with my neighbor no more so we'll see what happens this year
I have not read the new farmers alamanac so I have not heard what kind of summer we are expecting

Annie
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 07:42

Plan: Own LC
Stats: 247/166/155 Female 5'3"
BF:lots
Progress: 88%

I am looking forward to the growing season.. I am going to try snow peas this year.. I grew green beans last year and I had a hard time keeping them out of the tomatoes..

Kat
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 08:43

Spaghetti squash sprawls A LOT! If you don't have much room it's probably not for you. And if you do, one plant is probably enough.
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 19:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/135/140 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hello

Yes I will be planting a vegetable garden again this year, we grow most of our vegetables during the summer.

Can't wait for Spring and for the warm weather.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #54   ^
Old Sun, May-07-06, 17:18

Plan: custom
Stats: 247/238.5/155 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 9%

How are the gardens coming along?

We just planted yesterday(not the real warm loving things yet). I forget how sore I get from the garden work. I mowed the lawn yesterday too. I am planting spaghetti squash...I love it and it keeps well.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 08:05
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

I love to garden. We built a new home last year. It is in a subdivision at the edge of a large city, but we have about a 2 acre community pond right out in back. It is so pretty. Our yard slopes down to the pond and it will make gardening out back a challenge. So we plan to build a deck. My husband and I will do most of the work ourselves but hopefully our 3 big strapping boys will come for a visit and help us too. They are respectively 6 ft. 6 in., 6 ft. 4 in. and 6 ft. tall and are pretty muscular!

We then plan to terrance the rest of the back yard all the way to the pond. When we moved into our new home last summer, the contractors laid sod in the front yard and half the back yard and then seeded the remainder of the back yard. Unfortunately we were in the middle of a draught and there was a watering ban. So we lost a lot of the grass and the contractors would not replace it. We also lost a tree which they said they would replace. So we had to re-seed the entire back yard. Also we have planted some roses. We eventually want to plant a couple of shade trees out back and maybe a couple of dogwoods. I also usually grow an edible garden. I usually grow a salsa container garden with peppers and tomatoes and herbs and plant berries and fruit trees. I think gardening is one of the most enjoyable activies. My husband and I both gained weight when we lived in an apartment for a year while they were building our new home. Hopefully some of that weight will come off as we begin to work out in the yard again. We have also turned our basement into a home gym for the winter months.

Last edited by fluffybear : Mon, May-08-06 at 08:12.
  #56   ^
Old Sun, May-21-06, 14:32

BF:

Hi,
We have had at least 13 days of rain here and the weeds have taken over my garden. Solved the mystery of why my green onions kept disappearing; dh thought they were weeds and pulled them out. The only thing I have put in the garden so far is green onions and radishes. I am still turning my garden and pulling weeds. I have purchased 9 cherry tomato plants an 4 early girl tomato plants.
I think I have bought too many seeds so I am going to have to do some planning. I am really depending on my garden this year because my dh is out of work.

Annie
  #57   ^
Old Sun, May-21-06, 14:47
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

My grandson planted yellow squash, it grows fast and he loves it, other then that i mostly do flowers, the daffodils and tulips are soon over so i will have to get my dalias, double begonias and glads in, also the iris' are comming up and the lilys and daylillies, i already have waterlillys blooming in the fish pond, i do have to replace the pumps though, it has really slowed down since last year.
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 14:47

BF:

Hi
Planted all my garden
I planted 2 kinds of yellow squash
4 early girl tomatoes
9 cherry tomatoes
3 zuchini
4 cauliflower
2 baby eggplants
2 baby bok choy
1 row french breakfast radish
1 row daikon radish
2 rows baby lettuce
4 pole beans
3 bush cucumbers
1 row of corn (for my family)
in separate flower pots i planted
habaneros
biker billy jalapenos
frying peppers
and a mix of hot peppers
I hope to move the pots around to take advantage of the sunshine to make them grow and be hot
I also planted lavender, sunflowers and thyme and cilantro

there are a couple of plants I have never grown before and I am excited and looking foward to a good gardening year,
I hope everyone is having fun gardening.

Annie
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 18:23

BF:

HI
I missed a few

1 spaghetti squash
dill
I don't use that much dill but I love butterflies and dill attracts lots of them

happy gardening

Annie
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 20:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/208.2/160 Female 5'10"
BF:Yes it is!

So glad to find this thread! I LOVE to garden!!! On Wednesday, I ate my first home-grown cucumber of the season. I planted 5 "bush" cucs in containers and the plants are covered in cucs. YUMMYYYY! I have allowed myself one each day since. I slice it up, pour some white vinegar over, salt/pepper. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I also have cherry toms growing as well as regular toms. I have lots of baby toms - probally will be ready in a week or 2. These plants are the healthiest I have ever grown. Just beautiful. Totally thriving!!!

I also love flowers!! My garden is in full bloom. May and June are certainly the best in my garden. I have a big arbor, or pergola if you will, that is covered in confederate jasmine (white). It smells so wonderful and is absolutely gorgeous. Clematis vines are on all 4 corners so they mingle with the jasmine. I also have a fence that supports a carolina jasmine (yellow). I have beautiful daylilies blooming and my knockout roses certainly put on a show. I have some asters in bloom. They have gone a bit crazy but they are pretty. The lantana is just starting to bloom. I have bought numerous plants that I haven't put in yet. That's what I plan to do this weekend. The plants are sitting patiently in my carport for now. I found the most beautiful hydragena last weekend. I can't wait to find the perfect spot for it. I have alot of hostas and they are always a favorite of mine too.

I have coleus, dragon wing begonias, portaluca, daylily, scaveloa, petunias and some pentas to plant. There are some other odds and ends out there too. Whenever I'm out running errands, I can resist stopping in my favorite plant places. I always come home with something to add to the garden! My husband says I'm an addict. He may be right. I look at it like this. If I'm going to be addicted to something then why not PLANTS!!!!! What fun!!!!!!! Plus, he's one to talk. He likes to garden as much as I do! Haha!!!