Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 07:02

Plan: Own LC
Stats: 247/166/155 Female 5'3"
BF:lots
Progress: 88%

Joan, girl you are planting some flower now... Wow that going to look great. One of my patio peach trees is already dropping peaches so I am in the process of planting them in pot to sell this fall. I need to get some more flowering something for my porch.

I love gardening, you get the work out and the tan..

Kat
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 09:43

I am so excited, I just got my first cucumber out of our garden...

Happy gardening..

Kat
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-05, 10:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/177/150 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 37%

I have zuchinni! Tomatoes are later this year because we had a cool spring. I have little green ones. My Dad's cabbage just now is coming in. My flowers look pretty though. Joan
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 06:03

Wow, I am going to die of a heat stoke. I sweated out 3 pounds of water cutting the grass yesterday. It took me over 5 hours to cut the yard because of all the rain and sun the grass was tall and thick.

My tomatoes are coming in now and I have cucumbers growing out my ears. My corn has seen better days. The weather has either been too dry or too wet.

My sunflowers are ready to be cut and stored for the birds to eat the winter.

I hope everyone has a great summer day.
Kat
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 17:35

Plan: On my own
Stats: 250/244/135 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi Gang,
I love to garden and it has been a rough summer so far either no rain, 90 degree weather or a super thunderstorms and high winds. So far I have picked green beans and kale. My exercise right now is trying to stay ahead of the weeds. I hope all that bending will do me some good.

Happy Gardening,
Annie
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 10:57

BF:
Default help my garden

Hi Gang,
I am so upset, i went out to work in my garden and the flowers on my zuchini, tomato, cucumber and hot pepper plants are drying up and falling off before they are even pollinated. I have been watering almost everyday and I don't know why this is happening. I had a small amount fall off in the past but not all of them. Any ideas how to save my few remaining plants that still have flowers on them ? I 'm afraid if i don't do something I'll won't get anything from my garden.

Annie
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 23:21

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Annie,
I don't know the answer to your question but I have to tell you that the master gardener at the cooperative extension office in our area is my newest best friend. You might want to call them in your area. They are probably listed under as the U of M Cooperative Extension. Hope this helps.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 08:16

BF:

HI,
I went to a near by nursery and got advice on my garden. They thought that the heat wave was burning up the flowers on my plants. there has not been allot of bees around so the flowers are not getting polinated so they are drying up. I was advised to bottom water my plants as much as possible to keep the remaining flowers intact. They were saying also if I don't have enought regular flowers in my backyard the bees won't be coming by. I need to plant more flowers.
I have been getting cucumbers,zucchinni, kale and the last of my green beans from the garden. I have planted a fall garden for the first time.(mostly greens) I am very excited about this.

Annie
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 13:08

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

I'm getting the first of my garden in. I really planted too late for most of what I wanted but I'm going tohave pleanty of spaghetti squash this winter. The cucumbers and zucchini are producing and the summer squash are just coming on. The corn is ripe but has been attacked by worms and some little black bugs.

I now need to get to the extension office and find out what all and when I can start planting my winter garden.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 18:32

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQgal
Hi Gang,
I love to garden and it has been a rough summer so far either no rain, 90 degree weather or a super thunderstorms and high winds. So far I have picked green beans and kale. My exercise right now is trying to stay ahead of the weeds. I hope all that bending will do me some good.

Happy Gardening,
Annie

I hear you, Annie! It's been hotter than the hubs of Hades here as well (West Michigan). I've taken to mowing over 2 days instead of trying to do it all in one; front yard one day, back yard the next.
My Asparagus did well this year...we got several meals worth. Picked a couple of quarts of raspberries from the spring canes and will probably get a couple more from the fall canes (my kids get to most of them before I do, but that's okay with me ). My zucchini are doing so-so. I've gotten a few but there seem to be a lot more coming now. Cabbages will be big enough to start picking in a few weeks.
My morning glories are about 6 feet down the fence and looking lovely every morning. The Dahlias are coming along slowly...probably too stressed from the heat to grow well, but I'm seeing flower buds on them now.

I've been doing a bit of reading on a technique called Lasagne Gardening and I'm thinking about giving it a try in my raised beds next year to help control weeds and enrich my soil more.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 08:38

BF:

Hi Gang,
Has anyone planted brussel sprouts ? I have very thick stalks and big leaves at the top but no sprouts have started. I know this is a fall vegetable but shouldn't I have something started by now? this is the first time I have ever planted them so i don't have any experiences.

Annie
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 08:51

BF:

Hi gang,
Everyday I usually send my 2 dogs out to protect my garden from squirrels etc...but lately my daughter has been very sick so I have not been watching that hard. Something got into my garden and almost destroyed it all. the only things I have left are hot peppers and my brussel sprout plants with no sprouts on them.My greens were doing so good. Even my sunflowers are gone oh well....
I know my doggies were really doing a good job when they were out there. Looks like I will be getting my garden ready for next year. I don't have anything to plant and I think it is too late anyways.
Maybe I will try to grow some herbs on my window sills.
I hope everyone elses gardens are doing well.

Annie
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 09:32
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You can pollinate your plants yourself! Not even x-rated. Just turn the end of your finger into a bee. Or get a q-tip. Stick the q-tip into a flower, then move it on to another flower... tickle it a bit!

Yes, there is also an approach to gardening where you just keep layering compost on top of the existing soil and let your earth worms do the trick in getting it down below. All the nutrients and goodness will leach into the root system of your existing plants. I like using raised beds too. I have a great time making them! I loved those willow branch beds! Those were cool looking.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 07:54

BF:

Hi Gang,
Is anyone planning there next years garden? Are you thinking of trying to grow something different that you have not tried in the past?
Has anyone tried to grow herbs or lettuces in there windows during the winter? (especially anyone up in the northern climate?)

Annie
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-05, 12:12

BF:

Hi all,
I tried to grow easy things on my windows sills but my dogs kept messing with my only nice window sill with good sunlight.
Has anybody received any new 2006 gardening catalog yet?
I can't wait to start planning next years garden!

Annie