Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 21:25

Plan: unknown
Stats: 250/250/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Erythema Nodosum

Hello everyone. This is my first post as I am a newbie here... Want to share my story quick and see if anyone else can relate or has suggestions for me.

On January 1st I found out I was pregnant. Three weeks later I got my first case of bronchitus and a strange sore spot showed up on my knee. I started spotting and ended up losing the baby with in the next week...

Fast forward to now... the strange spot has grown to many different spots that have moved around on my shin from knee to ankle... It turned into a sizable area on my shin towards my ankle.

Last Saturday was my son's birthday and taking advantage of the sun we went to the park. I thought maybe it would help if i expose my anlke to the sun and maybe it would help clear it up.

Sunday evening I broke out into Hives so bad and I have had them all week. I went to see my naturopathic dr and she said that it was all related and she highly thinks it is candida... she put me on fungal/yeast detox, goldenseal, Pantothenic Acid, and Probiotic eleven...

I couldnt take the itching any more and on wednesday I went into my family dr. He said he didnt think it was candida and he didnt know what it was. suspected it was seasona allergies or the fact i work in a floral dept part time. He gave me a dose of steroids to take for 6 days period...
I am on day three and I am still itching. Feeling about 85% better but still itchy.
I have been trying all week to watch my sugar/carb intake and while I have not been perfect I have done very well...

My question is.... do you think that it is all related and have you ever heard of anyone with Erythema Nodosum because of Candida??

Thanks so much for the time!!
I couldnt
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-10, 15:12

Plan: unknown
Stats: 250/250/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

No one has any ideas??
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-10, 02:28
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 185/173/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress:

Mmm. I don't know if I can give you any good advice or not. I know that there's this lady at curezone that always broke out in hives because of candida. She treated herself for candida and doesn't break out anymore. You should probably go over there and ask her what exectly she did. Her screen name is sickofhives. I hope this helps.

Also, stick around here too becuase somebody might be able to give you some good advice if it is candida you have. It could very well be an allergic reaction to something. Maybe something you ate or some kinda chemical that you've been around. Either way, I hope you find out. Welcome to the forum.