Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 14:19

Plan: None
Stats: 145/145/145 Male 70 Inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Good Diet of Mine?

I'm unsure about my diet right now. After reading up on candida it seems that everything I've been eating must be eliminated. Right now I'm eating and drinking:

Apples
Genesis Today - Nonfat Yogurt (This has dairy and sugar though)
Green Tea
Water
Wrap - (Whole wheat, salami, turkey, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, spinach)
Salad - (Lettuce, carrots, spinach, lite olive oil dressing, onions)
Pears
Coconut Oil

Is there anything in that menu that needs to be taken out? I'm unsure about the yogurt because of the sugar and dairy. Not sure about the wrap either. I'm also a college student, so if you guys have any recommendations, then please feel free to give some advice.

Thanks.

*edit* Well I read that whole wheat is bad for candida, so the wrap is out. Carrots are suppose to be starchy, so that is out as well.

Last edited by Guts : Mon, Mar-08-10 at 14:46.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 08:33

Plan: N/A
Stats: 140/140/140 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts
I'm unsure about my diet right now. After reading up on candida it seems that everything I've been eating must be eliminated. Right now I'm eating and drinking:

Apples
Genesis Today - Nonfat Yogurt (This has dairy and sugar though)
Green Tea
Water
Wrap - (Whole wheat, salami, turkey, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, spinach)
Salad - (Lettuce, carrots, spinach, lite olive oil dressing, onions)
Pears
Coconut Oil

Is there anything in that menu that needs to be taken out? I'm unsure about the yogurt because of the sugar and dairy. Not sure about the wrap either. I'm also a college student, so if you guys have any recommendations, then please feel free to give some advice.

Thanks.

*edit* Well I read that whole wheat is bad for candida, so the wrap is out. Carrots are suppose to be starchy, so that is out as well.

I would take out everything except for the water, coconut oil, and salad, sans the carrots.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 19:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/152.5/135 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 42%

I would keep the apples if they are granny smith apples, yogurt is optional depending on how you react to it, wrap is wheat so it NEEDS to go. only 1/2 a tomato a day is aloud. Not sure but what you mean by lite olive oil dressing is that just oil of a vinegar as well? if so it needs to go oil and lemon is fine.

The pear may be okay only if it is 1/2 a pear depending agin on how you react to it and how riddled you are with candida.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-10, 06:56
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 185/173/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress:

I just found out that wheat is bad for me all together. I'm kinda sensetive to it. As far as the dressing, if it has vinegar in it I would try to avoid it. If you could, I would try to avoid anything processed. I've drank milk like a baby my whole life and since I stopped drinking it 2 months ago I've felt better. If I drink a glass now it upsets my stomach. So dairy's not good for me but everybody's different. I would recommend alot of veggies.

What lead you down the candida path? What are your symptoms? I'd like to say welcome to the forum! Hopefully you won't be here long.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-10, 15:18

BF:
Progress:

Do I have to give up the tea too? I just bought the tea and pears, so I wouldn't want them to go to waste.

I'm not completely sure what lead me down the candida path, but I'm assuming it was my childhood diet: candy, chocolate, instant noodles (very spicy), cookies, cake, ice-cream, fast-foods, and a bunch of other bad stuff. I used to have an upset stomach from spicy foods and milk, but I have cut those out. Now I didn't eat these things 24/7, but I did eat them a lot of days from what I remember.

I've noticed my symptoms are a white coated tongue, acne, inability to get proper rest at night, and some headaches after a few hours of exercise. Might be more, but this is what I can think of right now. These symptoms might not even be from the candida, though, because I didn't get a conformation with my doctor about this.

From what I've read, I might be around these forums for a few months... I'm a little depressed at what I can't eat from now on though.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 11:16

Plan: My own.
Stats: 206/194.4/155 Female 5'6"
BF:27.17%
Progress: 23%

**Personally** After being strict with the no vinegar, no alcohol, no sugar, very low carb, no refined carbs, no coffee, only half cup of berries for a few months (I didn't give up dairy, caffeine, or meat and I've been wheat and pork free for years) I've found I can add back in raw vinegars with little effect, so long as I only do it occasionally.

I had candida in my gut and mouth, they're both gone, however I have been fighting with a yeast infection in my ears. It's getting better.

That being said, I'm sure your salami has things in it you shouldn't be eating.

I've found a half tsp of baking soda and some grapefruit seed extract in 1.5 oz of water every morning have really helped my symptoms. (But you will need at least 5 oz of water to chase it down as it is NASTY. Even mint chlorophyll doesn't help)

So, my experience is you don't have to give up dairy or caffeine, but it may slow things a little. And everyone is different.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 12:30

BF:
Progress:

I'm actually starting to be more strict from now on.

Salad with lettuce, garlic, onions, spinach, and broccoli.
Green Tea
Plain greek yogurt (Chobani) with coconut oil
Brazil Nuts
Pumpkin Seeds
Water

For breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I just want to get this over with, so I'm being as strict as possible.