Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 14:18
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%
Default 03/04/06 Sbers what are you eating today?

Menu Phase II

B: leftover chili and veggies
S: none
L: Chicken and cheese salad with onions and peppers 1 slice rye bread
S: 6 white grapes
D: 3 eggs scrambled with 2 slices turkey bacon, spring onions and mushrooms + 1 slice rye bread

Water 100floz

2 pieces of rye bread will probably make me gain, but I wanted to test the theory!! (I am mad, yes)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 14:26

Plan: CKD
Stats: 250/176/150 Female 5ft7in
BF:Lots
Progress: 74%

Started phase 2 today:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, turkey bacon, mushroom and onion
Snack- walnuts
Lunch- chicken and broccoli with water chestunuts
snack..... 1 south beach cookie! Aaaah! I just wanted something sweet and I only had one but I won't be having another one for a long long time!! Ahhh! At least I didn't eat both of the cookies in the package??
Dinner- I'm not sure what we are doing for dinner.
Dessert- nothing... I already had my something sweet, but if I get hungry I will probably have a turkey lettuce wrap or some protien and veggie combo.

Water- 90 ounces of water so far

Workout- I didn't workout yesterday so I will do my 60 minutes of yoga today.

Eating that cookie made me feel so down on myself, and I know it was only one and no big deal, but in a way I feel like I cheated- even though it is phase 2 allowed....
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 15:02

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 158/151/140 Female 61.5
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hi

my menu today

b-2 flax waffles[doctor OKed for fiber]w)1 tb PB and spread fruit,milk for tea
sn-v8 w)cuke stirrer
l-pepperoni & provolone folded in 1/2 mons on a bed of salad greens.
sn-1c yogurt
d-salad w)dress. 2 l/f hot dogs,baked beans[SB recipe] carrot coins.
des-blackberries w) lite topping.

Planning to have 80 oz of water[1/2 my weight] plus 2 huge mugs of Plain Herb Tea

Exercising=30 mins biking 30 min walking tape

Hugs CAG
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 15:09
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodinicole

Eating that cookie made me feel so down on myself, and I know it was only one and no big deal, but in a way I feel like I cheated- even though it is phase 2 allowed....

All I will say to that is that it's not worth you beating yourself up over it emotionally, BUT if it made you feel so bad about it, then it's obviously not worth doing anymore
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 15:27
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodinicole

Allowed yes..... but not as your first item to add into your phase II meal plan. A piece of fruit would have been a much better choice at this point in your journey. And as you and Hazel both said, it was only 1 cookie so don't beat yourself up and know that when you are closer to your goal, 1 cookie will be just fine!!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 15:29
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagmom
pepperoni & provolone

Cagmom,
The other day you had salami and provolone..today pepperoni and provolone....have you looked these foods up on the food list?

We are told to avoid processed meats like salami and pepperoni...they are loaded with fat and salt and not good for us or our weight loss!!

Quote:
PROTEIN
BEEF Lean* cuts, such as:
Bottom Round
Eye of Round
Flank Steak
Ground beef:

Extra Lean (96/4)

Lean (92/8)

Sirloin (90/10)

London Broil
Pastrami, lean
Sirloin Steak
T-bone
Tenderloin
Top Loin
Top Round

* Lean meat has, per 100 gram portion, 10 grams or less of total fat and 4.5 grams or less of saturated fat.

POULTRY (SKINLESS)
Cornish hen
Low-fat turkey sausage (3-6 grams of fat per 60 gram serving) can be eaten as an occasional treat (approximately once/week)
Turkey bacon (2 slices per day)
Turkey and chicken breast

SEAFOOD
All types of fish and shellfish
Water-packed tuna and other canned fish
Salmon roe
Sashimi

PORK
Boiled ham
Canadian bacon
Loin
Tenderloin

VEAL
Chop
Cutlet, leg
Top round

LAMB (Remove all visible fat)
Center Cut
Chop
Loin

LUNCHMEAT
Fat-free or low-fat only
Boiled ham
Deli sliced turkey breast
Steamship roast beef
Smoked ham
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 19:32

Plan: atkins/SB now
Stats: 200/200/160 Female 5'8''
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well it's time I got with the program..I've been on & off for awhile, can't seem to make up my mind as to which WOE is better for me,,too darn many to decide from!..SB is probably the one I should go with cuz I do need my yogurt & I prefer plain with added nuts or fruit (fruit down the road)..
What I really need is a big whopper of a protein breakfast (my favorite meal of the day)..to sustain me through out most of the day, so I don't get those darn hunger pangs! lol..I drink lots of water through the day so I know it's not that.

I'm going to come here each morning to post my menu, maybe this is what I need, to be accountible & stay OP.
As for today, I did great!.. then by 4pm I blew it lwith some chocolate ice cream!!..My biggest munch time or crave etc has alway's been late afternoon.

JUdynyc.. You look amazing!! Congratulations to you!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 20:18
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by evie25
Well it's time I got with the program..I've been on & off for awhile, can't seem to make up my mind as to which WOE is better for me,,too darn many to decide from!..SB is probably the one I should go with cuz I do need my yogurt & I prefer plain with added nuts or fruit (fruit down the road)..
What I really need is a big whopper of a protein breakfast (my favorite meal of the day)..to sustain me through out most of the day, so I don't get those darn hunger pangs! lol..I drink lots of water through the day so I know it's not that.

I'm going to come here each morning to post my menu, maybe this is what I need, to be accountible & stay OP.
As for today, I did great!.. then by 4pm I blew it lwith some chocolate ice cream!!..My biggest munch time or crave etc has alway's been late afternoon.

JUdynyc.. You look amazing!! Congratulations to you!

Thanks Evie!!

If you don't mind....I'd like to suggest to you to start a journal here so that you can log your food into it each day. Also we can talk to you and you can feel free to come to my journal and chat to me too!!

Also, for your 4 pm munch time, I eat a snack at that time of day as I too get very hungry. It is recommended that we do plan for these snacks so that we stay on plan. I sometimes have hummus w/ carrots or an apple and some peanut butter. Today I was food shopping when my snack time came so I got a small snack bag of cashews.

Have you seen the How To Adapt Your Meal PLan Chart? You can find them through the food link in my signature.

Good Luck to you!!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-05-06, 21:14

Plan: atkins/SB now
Stats: 200/200/160 Female 5'8''
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank you Judy! I read some of your Journal this morning.I guess I'm like you & everyone else being a bit nervous about opening myself up for other's to view!. I'm a bit of a private person in that area!..but I'll take the first step as I'm sure it'll get much easier as I go along..Thank you so much Judy!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-05-06, 23:39

Plan: CKD
Stats: 250/176/150 Female 5ft7in
BF:Lots
Progress: 74%

put my meal plan in the wrong place!