Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-13-01, 16:01

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 215/195/195
BF:
Progress:
Default Reading the book

I like most of those that have lost weight painlessly with this diet have become somewhat of an evangelist for it. A Good buddy of mine put on 50 lbs in the last 1.5 years. I bought him the book. He went on the induction diet and gained 2 lbs. I grilled him on what he was eating. Turns out he was cheating with beer. I said do it again. He did it again and once again cheated with beer. He said that a little beer shouldn't mess up his results. I asked him if he read the Atkins book. He of course said no!?? Anyone contemplating this diet needs to read the book. A little bit of this and that during the induction phase is the "kiss of death" for this diet. Anyone else had similar experiences with those you would like to enlighten?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-13-01, 16:19
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Amen brother!

First, I really commend you for buying the book (any low-carb book) for friends who won't do it on their own. OldSalty did/does the same. A true friend should appreciate this.

We had a member not too long ago, who didn't buy the book, and we enjoyed her company and exchanged support. She was a regular.

One day, she just dropped a post saying goodby, this diet doesn't work because "she's sick of all the grapefruit juice!" ?!?! For those of you who didn't get this irony (didn't read the book), there's no grapefruit juice requirement in any low-carb diet.

As a webmaster with my email all over, I get tons of daily emails of people asking the most basic questions about low-carbing, and some are so hillarious, I can make mony publishing a book about them (minimum amount of bananas required per meal?)

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-13-01, 16:53

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

ROFL Wa'il!

Maybe you should just start a thread and post those questions (no names of course) in the lighter side so we can all enjoy the chuckle.

Those of us of course that read the books
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-13-01, 16:59
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by agonycat
ROFL Wa'il!

Maybe you should just start a thread and post those questions (no names of course) in the lighter side so we can all enjoy the chuckle.

Those of us of course that read the books

LOL, but there's one problem. I started an automated response that specifically advices the senders to join this forum, instead of asking me personally for my "informed" opinion.

It would be devistating to them if they followed my advice and joined us, only to find their questions posted in the "Lighter side" wouldn't it?

But I promis, I will post the ones that are way out!

Wa'il