Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 12:31
Registered Member

Plan: dr. atkins/neanderthin
Stats: 326.5/197/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default i have alot to lose

hi all i read everyones posts its nice to know there are people out there that i can talk to.. you all sound like your healthy and happy. im kinda dissapointed today. my weight keeps flunctualting. for the last week. and im not losing. all i eat is hamburger. so tomorrow its back to eggs and bacon for breakfast and steak for supper, i will see if this solves my problem!!! if any one has any suggestions let me know!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 12:46

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default My 2 cents worth

Hi

The most important thing(s) are:
don't give up -- plan, prepare,
eat veggies -- the ones on the list
drink your water.
drink your water.
drink your water.

Ask questions from the board.

Be patient - I know it is hard when you are frustrated. Believe me, I have been there.

Read some journals and other posts - it does help.

But, keep plugging along.

A Thin Me
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 12:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, Angela! There are a lot of us with lots to lose, so you're in good company And none of us have lost at a steady pace, either -- there's a lot of fluctuation. Your body could be retaining water (especially for women, hormones and TOM -- your monthly cycle -- can play a big role). sometimes, too, your body needs time to catch up with your weight loss. so please don't be discouraged by fluctuations. Some people weigh once a week, some people average their weights (if you weigh every day, write each day's weight down and, at the end of the week, divide by 7; that's your average weight.)

Also, your weight fluctuates from morning (before eating or drinking, because you're a bit dehydrated) to evening (at least four pounds up after dinner, with clothes).

These are just some factors!

If you just eat hamburger three times a day, you're going to be bored -- and it won't be enough food. This isn't a diet, it's a way of life. Have fun with it. Read the recipes on this board (on the forum and in the recipes section). Click on the Low Carb Tips link in the orange bar at the top of the board and check out Karen's tips to jazz up induction.

It's not a NO carb diet, but a low carb one. Salads and vegetables are important for health -- and make meals tastier!

YOu might want to start a journal and post your food logs every day (include the quantities, not just "hamburger") THat's a good way to keep track of things.

Good luck! You can do this! Look around, you've got lots of company
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 12:55
Registered Member

BF:
Default thanks!!

glad to hear from yall. i guess i am looking at this like a diet. thats probably why i have fallen off before..(many times)!
i decided im gonna let my clothes be the judge. and not my scales.it just gets so boring but all the recipes in her make it so nice.. i cant have diet sweetner though. it gives me headaches. since splenda is derived from sugar.. does any one know if the side affects are the same as like sweet and low????
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 08:11
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 437/392/360
BF:
Progress: 58%

Angela,
Like the others have said, it's real important to drink LOTS of water and make sure you take your Potassium supplements. Just have faith. Take your measurements and write them down. Be determined in your mind that this is it! This time you are going to lose the weight that's been a problem for you. I've been on the plan now only for about 6 weeks and so far Ive lost 24 lbs so Im proof that this system works. I've never been so happy to see the weight just melt off. Keep it up and track your progress and what others are doing over in Bootcamp. You have lots of support around here.

Craig
www.craignewbury.com
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 13:08
Registered Member

BF:
Default hello

thank you for the help... i get a little crazy sometimes... thats how it is when you have lived your life having high carb and low fat crammed into your head... i know the diet works.. last time i was on it i stayed on for 6 weeks and dropped25 pounds.. im just al little impatient.. but it tood me 5 years to put this weight on and it is not going to fall off overnight!!! i will keep you updated thank you all!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 13:30

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi Angela,
I looked on your profile and it looks like you've read several books. That's good. It's important to keep informed. But you definitely need to broaden your menu. Have salads or green beans with your meat. I think it helps nutritionally but also in giving your mouth some crunch and interesting texture. There are so many recipes to choose from on this forum. I made a No Noodle Lasagna the other day that was scrumptious(I found it in the Quick n' Easy Diner section). I used zucchini slice lengthwise to be pretend noodles. It gave the dish some crunch. Even my kids liked it...that says alot!

And make sure and drink your water. If you don't drink enough, you're body will retain water. I know it sounds crazy, but true.

Well, keep going and look around the forum at other's journals for ideas. I know I've learned alot from these folks. Victoria
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 12:31
Registered Member

BF:
Default drinkin the water

victoria
thanks for the insight i looked through and found so many good sounding recipes. i am happy to say that i am now down 10 pounds and feeling great.. i do good because i drink water constantly.. and tons of it.. i will try your lasagna idea sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!