Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-17, 02:47

Plan: Looking around...
Stats: 215/215/140 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Quiet here!Anyone still doing Schwarzbein?

I followed this plan briefly several years ago.
Giving serious thought to coming back to it and wondering if there's anyone around still doing it? It does take quite a bit of planning and work in the kitchen and that's where I've slipped up previously.
I have all 3 of the Schwarzbein 'how to' books plus the regular cook book (which is excellent). Just need to get organised and get started.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-15-17, 22:33

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 158/147/146 Male 72 in
BF:
Progress:
Default Yes, I’m Doing Schwarzbein

I discovered Schwarzbein in Jonny Bowden’s “Living Low Carb” while trying to find a solution to the side-effects of an extreme keto diet. Inadvertently, I was miscounting carbs (at least for my metabolism) by not subtracting fiber and completely avoiding anything with starch.

All went well for 3 or 4 months and then I starting waking 4 or 5 times a night to pee and having stress experiences (tension in forehead), not to mention total loss of libido (not nice for a male who loves his wife). The Schwarzbein approach seemed to make sense right down to the reasons she offers for the euphoria I experienced at first.

So right now, I’m adding 20 grams of “real carbohydrate” to each snack and meal. That still puts me at about 100 grams total per day of carbs and seems to be working (insomnia gone and I’m not gaining weight).

I’d really like to hear from others who have burnt out on strict keto and have remedied with Schwarzbein.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-17, 16:34

Plan: Modified Schwarzbein
Stats: 239/221/185 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Low Carb burned me out

I have a history of adrenal burnout, and while I felt GREAT on LCHF for a while, it eventually caught up with me and fried my adrenals again. I can just tell...

Toying with going back to Schwarzbein, but I have been so brainwashed that grains and legumes are bad, it's going to be a tough road. That and food prepping...

Better that the shit I am eating now (basically anything!)...

I am not overweight - I just feel 'skinny fat' and need to get back to the gym and put on some muscle, as well as straighten out my hormones.