Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-17, 10:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 330/320/280 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Cauliflower Pizza question??

Hello, I made a Cauliflower pizza, it was a recipe on You Tube by Chef Buck. My question is, can you eat this on Atkins? It has a cup of Parmesan in the crust and Mozzarella on top. I know it is allot of cheese, but it is small and I had 3/4s of it the other night. I mean is this healthy for a dinner option? I love it and it is a saving grace for me. I mean it is actually incredible how good this is. I am just worried that this may make me gain weight. I found a pizza sauce with 1g carbs and 1g sugar or less. But I only use 2 TBS.

Any help here would be great. If I know I am making this I save up my cheese intake and also my calories for dinner.

Thanks Dave

BTW here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaCYSX5WE5M

--
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-17, 10:31

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Pizza is the #1 missed food. Sautéing the cauliflower is clever to dry it out, never tried that one before. This sounds good, but that is a lot of cheese, but OK if you can fit it in your day' allowance.

You will see most everyone rave about the Fathead pizza, but that is a lot of cheese and nuts (almond). Since the pizza flavor is all in the toppings, also consider:

1 Pizza quiche. A favorite here since 2002! http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087
Still a lot of cheese, but this makes a large pan.

2. Buttoni's Skillet Pizza. https://buttoni.wordpress.com/2010/09/12/skillet-pizza/
I simplified this even more..a quick flip of ground beef or sausage in a skillet..top with that 1 carb sauce, veggies and a little shredded Italian cheese mix. Not much cheese in these type pizza recipes, more meats and veg. You can make a large meat base pizza too, but needs to be eaten with knife and fork. Still tastes good!

3. Can also Put the toppings on veggies...a slice of eggplant or a portobello mushroom makes a sturdy base.

If you like following cooking videos, check out Cooking Keto with Kristi. She has a skillet pizza and Fathead on her channel.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFGt...vsU8leOQ/videos

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Apr-24-17 at 10:48.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-17, 12:46
Registered Member

Stats: 330/320/280 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Pizza is the #1 missed food. Sautéing the cauliflower is clever to dry it out, never tried that one before. This sounds good, but that is a lot of cheese, but OK if you can fit it in your day' allowance.

You will see most everyone rave about the Fathead pizza, but that is a lot of cheese and nuts (almond). Since the pizza flavor is all in the toppings, also consider:

1 Pizza quiche. A favorite here since 2002! http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087
Still a lot of cheese, but this makes a large pan.

2. Buttoni's Skillet Pizza. https://buttoni.wordpress.com/2010/09/12/skillet-pizza/
I simplified this even more..a quick flip of ground beef or sausage in a skillet..top with that 1 carb sauce, veggies and a little shredded Italian cheese mix. Not much cheese in these type pizza recipes, more meats and veg. You can make a large meat base pizza too, but needs to be eaten with knife and fork. Still tastes good!

3. Can also Put the toppings on veggies...a slice of eggplant or a portobello mushroom makes a sturdy base.

If you like following cooking videos, check out Cooking Keto with Kristi. She has a skillet pizza and Fathead on her channel.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFGt...vsU8leOQ/videos
Awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing. My real question is, how much pizza can you eat? I see all these recipes and I don't know how much I can eat if I make it. That is the problem.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-17, 15:47

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Chef Buck does not provide nutritional info, Buttoni and Dan do.

For any recipe without that information, I use the MFP recipe function. First time inputting ingredients and calculating servings is a pain, but then it is saved in your recipes forever. And the toppings vary in carb count, have to watch that.

Buttoni's is only 11 g total carbs for the whole skillet serving. So even with bacon/egg breakfast and salad lunch, you could eat it all.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-17, 22:36

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTGUY
Hello, I made a Cauliflower pizza, it was a recipe on You Tube by Chef Buck. My question is, can you eat this on Atkins? It has a cup of Parmesan in the crust and Mozzarella on top. I know it is allot of cheese, but it is small and I had 3/4s of it the other night. I mean is this healthy for a dinner option? I love it and it is a saving grace for me. I mean it is actually incredible how good this is. I am just worried that this may make me gain weight. I found a pizza sauce with 1g carbs and 1g sugar or less. But I only use 2 TBS.

Any help here would be great. If I know I am making this I save up my cheese intake and also my calories for dinner.

Thanks Dave

BTW here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaCYSX5WE5M

--

I really liked his method because as he stressed, it doesn't include wringing out the water in the Cali in a towel which is a total mess, I would guess and as he mentioned. He did a really good job of sharing all of his tips and tricks as well as previous experience.
I would totally make it this way and to make it even easier, Green Giant has the riced Cali in bags now...

So Cali and parmesan cheese and that's it! I like simple
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 12:20

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

So the rule is 3-4oz of cheese daily. This clearly exceeds that.
So I think it is fine to make it a weekly treat, as long as it's not an everyday thing.

I also want to second the pizza quiche and using a portobello or half a bell pepper as a base.

If you just pizza topping flavor, a flattened chicken breast with Italian seasonings is great with tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings you like (peppers, pepperoni, mushrooms, whatever.....).
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 14:09

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

It may not be more than 2-3 oz of cheese since he said he used 1C graded and it looked really loose in the cup.
2:1cups he said, Cauliflower to cheese plus 1 egg.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 14:28

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
It may not be more than 2-3 oz of cheese since he said he used 1C graded and it looked really loose in the cup.
2:1cups he said, Cauliflower to cheese plus 1 egg.

But if he uses 1 cup for crust, plus topping.....
And OP is eating 3/4 pizza in a sitting.....
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-17, 23:01
Registered Member

Stats: 187/181/150 Female 5' 9''
BF:
Progress: 16%

Since pepperoni has zero carbs.. i top them with cheese and pop a cookie sheet full in the oven. They are tasty and give a pizza fix. I'm just starting out so..didn't add any tomato sauce or paste on them... but that would pretty much make it taste like the real thing.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-17, 02:30
Registered Member

Plan: my own designed
Stats: 276/267/200 Male 5.4
BF:
Progress:

Hi HTGUY, i like the idea but on weekly basis. Cauli sounds great with some tomato sauce.