Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#436   ^
Old Wed, May-01-13, 19:12

Plan: paleo with L plates
Stats: 180/162/143 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 49%

A few days ago I made a pineapple salsa. I found the recipe on

http://www.humansarenotbroken.com/r...ineapple-salsa/
basically fresh pineapple, red onion, chopped chili and coriander / cilantro- and salt, which really makes it something else. Leave it over night, I gave the container a few shakes a few times.

I found this a handy recipe, as I am always looking to find a use for the other half of my red onion (used in my guacamole) This salsa would also be nice with a dollop of natural yoghurt if that's your style of paleo.
Sponsored Links
  #437   ^
Old Thu, May-23-13, 21:52

Plan: Moderate Carb Paleo
Stats: 165/146/135 Female 5'4
BF:36%/30%/25%
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvancuyk
I always loved Shepherd's Pie when I was a kid so I am working on a good substitute right now. This is how I am making it so far:

Ingredients:
1 Butternut Squash
1 lb ground meet of your choice (I've used ground chicken and ground buffalo)
1/2 small onion, diced
2 Serrano peppers, diced with seeds
3 garlic gloves, minced
1 8 oz can of tomato paste
Pepper to taste
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Oregano

Directions:
I follow the directions from here to make mashed butternut (although I leave out the butter).

Once that is done, I mix the ground meat, tomato paste, onion, garlic, basil, Oregano, Serrano peppers, and pepper into a 1.5 QT Corningware dish, top it with the mashed butternut and then cook for about an hour in the oven on 350 degrees

This sounds amazing... and pretty easy. I'm going to make it.
  #438   ^
Old Thu, May-23-13, 21:58

Plan: Moderate Carb Paleo
Stats: 165/146/135 Female 5'4
BF:36%/30%/25%
Progress: 63%

Just made this Chocolate Mousse. I saw a couple of recipes for different types of Mousse, but this one appears to be somewhat unique (although maybe not original).

Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients:
Yolks of 2 eggs
1 c Coconut cream
1 c light coconut milk
2 tbs cocoa powder
stevia to taste

Put ingredients in blender and blend until barely homogenous. Serve as is. I think it would also be fantastic with something like strawberries.
  #439   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-13, 22:15
Registered Member

Plan: vegetables
Stats: 60/50/50 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 100%

Try this, Shrimp and Avocado Omelet

shrimp, peeled and de-veined
medium tomato
avocado
salt
freshly ground black pepper
coconut oil
eggs

Instructions:
Cook shrimp until pink. Chop them afterwards and set aside. Mix the diced tomato and avocado in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Beat the eggs in another bowl. On a frying pan, put the coconut oil enough for frying. Pour the eggs and let them fry. After the eggs are almost fully cooked, add the shrimps and then fold and cook for another minute.
  #440   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-13, 04:54

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I have mentioned Everyday Paleo website and cookbooks as my ”go-to" source for easy Paleo recipes. Sarah's post today are 12 of her "go-to" recipes...will vouch for the Smokey Roast with coffee grounds in crock pot...sounds strange but it was great. Must go shopping for the ingredients today.

http://everydaypaleo.com/go-recipes/
  #441   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-14, 05:50

For those who can handle the carbs from Sweet Potatoes....what a great idea for a Jamaican spiced burger, with disks of Sweet Potato for the bun! http://blog.paleohacks.com/paleo-bu...american-style/
  #442   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-14, 02:30
Registered Member

Plan: raw fatty meat
Stats: 166/151.2/155 Male 180
BF:
Progress: 135%

Sausage for meat:

1 oz bacon fat or tallow.
2 oz hard cream.
Tabasco.
garlic powder(optional).
  #443   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-14, 04:24

One of my favorite websites for simple science, Kris Gunnars has just posted 101 Paleo Recipes that taste incredible. Like his articles, his recipes tend to be super simple and still filled with goodness:

http://authoritynutrition.com/101-paleo-recipes/
  #444   ^
Old Fri, May-02-14, 08:14

Also, Sean Croxton has renovated his website and gone back a health focus. In exchange for your email, he will send you a JERF Cookbook. Free. 130 recipes from a dozen + well known Paleo cooks; CivilizedCaveman, Leanne Ely, Wellness Mama, so you can see a sample of their style. Beautifully designed, great photos, a nice recipe collection. http://undergroundwellness.com
Look for YO! Who wants a free cookbook?
  #445   ^
Old Tue, May-06-14, 06:49

Arsy, at Rubies & Radishes, one of my favorite recipe sites, is offering one of her slow cooker recipe books free.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...radishesfree-20

Quote:
For those of you that don't want to read all of the details and just want to get these recipes in your hands (or more like onto your screen), you can download my eBook for free HERE! If you don't have a kindle or if you want to read this book on a different device, scroll down to download the free reader app from Amazon.
I am so excited to offer my Easy Paleo Slow Cooker Meals book for free until May 7th at midnight PST.

It's starting to get really hot in many parts of the country, including Santa Cruz! The slow cooker is a great tool to use in those warm summer months. If you have a yard, you can plug it in outside, so you don't heat your house up by using the oven or stove. And on those really hot days that you just don't feel like being in the kitchen, you can just spend 10 minutes prepping and then have the rest of the day to yourself!
This book includes over 25 recipes (all with photos), and many of them require less than 10 minutes of prep. A handful, only require 5 minutes of prep! The recipes are all delicious and packed with flavor.
  #446   ^
Old Sat, May-17-14, 09:05

I have AllRecipes, a huge on-line recipe site, on an RSS feed and today Paleo Coffee popped up. With coconut oil and Butter.
Never saw anything Paleo on that site before, so I put Paleo in the search box and 101 Recipes came back in the results! Pancakes, mayo, a bit of everything. It's spreading beyond the specific Paleo blogs.
  #447   ^
Old Sun, May-18-14, 05:53

Plan: AIP (autoimmune paleo)
Stats: 235/185/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I made this Nom-Nom Paleo recipe for Korean ribs last night - it was very good, and my (not low carb, not paleo) husband really liked it.

I did it in the pressure cooker instead of crockpot, and used beef cheeks instead of ribs (because I'm trying to take baby steps towards offal...). It was too saucy so I pulled the meat out and then reduced the liquid for about half an hour - but tasty. There is one pear in the recipe that would be hard to do without, which brings about 25g carbs to the whole recipe - mine made easily 6 servings (maybe more) so that's not a lot per serving, but of course our carb tolerance varies... Anyway, I'd recommend the recipe.
  #448   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-14, 04:42

Plan: Paleo Diet
Stats: 220/190/176 Male 5ft 9"
BF:
Progress:

Pork Tenderloin

1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
3/4 cup olive oil
6 cloves garlic, sliced
2 teaspoons salt
6 tablespoons dried oregano
2 (1 pound) pork tenderloins

PREPARATION
15 minutes
COOKING
30 minutes
READY IN
2 hrs 45 mins
HOW TO:
Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and oregano in a large resealable plastic bag. Shake sealed bag until ingredients are well mixed. Taste the marinade for tartness. If too tart, add a little more oil. Not enough zing, add more lime. The garlic and salt flavors should also be up front, yet not overpowering. Place tenderloins in the bag, seal, and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 5 hours.
Preheat grill for medium heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate, and discard marinade. Grill tenderloins for 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, or to desired state.
  #449   ^
Old Thu, Jun-25-15, 23:45

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 183/161/162 Male 69.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 105%

Here is my breakfast for today...it's ultra quick & easy to prepare.

Ingredients: 2 eggs, parsley

Preparation: boil the eggs, peel them, cut in halves, chop the parsley, put the chopped parsley on the eggs halves, enjoy!

P.S. if you are hungry boil more eggs

Picture attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8405.JPG (45.9 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by niland : Fri, Jun-26-15 at 02:18.
  #450   ^
Old Thu, Jun-25-15, 23:52

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 183/161/162 Male 69.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 105%

BTW. How can I make the attached photo show up in the post it self?