Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-09, 17:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 126/126/112 Female 65
BF:27%
Progress: 0%
Default Counting carb labels in ireland

Hi all

i am new to posting on this site however i have used it for support, i have been on the atkins for the last 2 weeks, thinking i was doing it correctly however i did lose 4lbs but nothing else after the first few days, i wondered what i was doing wrong untill i discovered that the fibre on labels here have already been subracted, i never knew this and was eating lindt chocolate everyday thinking it was OK and ryvita etc, can someone just confirm for me how to count nutrional labels here in ireland and is crispbread ok on the atkins induction im going to start induction all over again just to kick start it

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 15:51

Plan: CKD
Stats: 225/180/175 Female 179cm
BF:
Progress:

No chocolate or Ryvita on induction, and only very small amounts on OWL. Eat as much green veg as you like, you really can't overdo things like salad, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, brussel sprouts, etc, but once you are into processed foods, you need to read labels very carefully.

If you can acquire a taste for it, the Lindt 99% chocolate is much lower carb. And it's binge proof. Keep Ryvita for special occasions. Learn to eat cheese with a knife and fork.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 13:48
Paleo and proud!

Plan: Paleo / Primal
Stats: 210/175.6/168 Female 70 inches
BF:40%/34.4%/30%
Progress: 82%

Hello redruby, and welcome to the forums

The first thing you need to do is buy one of the Atkins books and read it. And read it again. Then you will have an understanding of what is involved in taking on this way of eating. If you are eating crispbreads and chocolate and thinking that they are OK to eat on Atkins induction, then you are sorely mistaken!!

Take a look at the Veronica Atkins Foundation website which has a bit of info on what the Atkins diet entails.

Good luck in your journey to health. Understanding the science behind it is important for you to make the right decisions.

ETA: I have just realised that I have bumped a 2 year old thread. I have no idea how I ended up reading it! Better late than never I suppose

Last edited by oblong : Mon, Mar-14-11 at 17:06.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-11, 04:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/140/130 Female 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 67%

I remember when I tried my first Atkins diet which I found here. Unfortunately it didn't come with the Atkins book so it took me a while to figure out the whole concept! I also stumbled across the Veronica Atkins site and it helped me loads. Good luck