Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1441   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-17, 10:09

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Happy St. Patrick's Day

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️🌈🍯☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️🌈🍯☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Don't forget to wear GREEN
Sponsored Links
  #1442   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-17, 14:54

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Happy St. Paddy Day Warriors
  #1443   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-17, 19:12

Plan: Atkins 72 Induction/zc
Stats: 185/170.5/135 Female 67
BF:32
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Are you flying or driving to the wedding?? B/c if you're driving, pack tins of tuna, bags of pork rinds, etc. Will there be a friggie in the rooms you are staying? B/c you could always take boiled eggs, bacon, cheese, etc for your food. If you're not in the "middle of nowhere" you could always do a food run to a local market... Depending on the time of day of the wedding & reception, you may decide to eat before or after... IMHO, I wouldn't eat anything that was questionable "carb-wise" at the wedding, but that's me and Imma pretty paranoid about what I eat... Why must we "pretend" to eat at events? We're adults, we have to make the best choices for our good health. If we were vegans or highly allergic to many foods, would we still "pretend" to eat? If we were recovering alcoholics, would we pretend to drink? I don't think so. And like Dr. A says in A '72 pg 41:

Jo - we are flying. Stupid plane leave GR at 6 am. Lands in Dallas with a 2 hour layover and then off to Jackson Hole Wy to land at 12:30. We grab a rental car and get to the resort to get dressed at to the wedding by 5:30!! I'm looking for local stores now so we can just stop and grab boiled eggs, jerky, and cans of tuna and chicken. I wish I had booked a day earlier so I would have more time in town to grab supplies. I will figure this out. I think I can pack jerky in my suitcase and maybe even my travel bag. Layover in Dallas should be long enough to grab a burger w/o a bun. Wedding food - not a clue what they are having but since our room is right there - I can sneak up stairs when I need to eat - right???
  #1444   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-17, 06:09

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Cat, too bad ya didn't give yourself that extra day. I have to say that sounds like one long tough travel and wedding day for ya!!!

HI ALL
doing better and moving more

like 4 days of rainy off and on weather. omg come on for heaven's sake!!! this transition into good spring is driving me batty

got 2 thin ribeyes for today. one brunch time and other tonight. yum. so in the mood for these yummy steaks

off to get some extra stuff done. pick up the house and clean a few things, gotta get caught up with some chores. when sick I just left it and you know not a soul pitched in to do a lick yea, family, they are just so valuable, ya know HA HA...well they are but not for housekeeping

have a great day all
  #1445   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-17, 16:46
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Saturday, 18 March 2017

Happy Saturday Afternoon, WARRIORS!!!

Hope that everyone is doing spectacular today and enjoying the w/e!

Anybody do anything fun for St. Patty's Day???

Seriously, I am NOT a drinker, never have been, so honestly, St. Patrick's Day really isn't that importance to me... Maybe if I were Irish that would be different! For me, yesterday was just another Friday but ONE to avoid the roads later at night for all the potential DWIs!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"When you feel like QUITTING remember why you STARTED!"
unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
HI GUYS
another day or 2 and I can join the living again

I must say I got nailed hard on this one. I must have gotten some 'real bug' LOL

now I am SO far behind in house chores etc it is stupid. I actually had to stop life for about 5-6 days. I could not function hardly....but today woke up so much better. still weird but on the mend for sure

will be chatting away sooner now but I have to go do some work and try to catch up with my life as usual as we all have to do after being sick

take care all, on plan and doing fine. worse thing is appetite is back HA HA
Wow, you really got hit HARD with that "crud"!

So glad to hear that you starting to feel better and I hear ya, on the "worse thing is appetite is back!" But you know how to handle that with your ZCing!! You've GOT THIS!
Quote:
...and you know not a soul pitched in to do a lick yea, family, they are just so valuable, ya know HA HA...well they are but not for housekeeping
Been there, done that... it's the way we trained 'em, girlie... they rely on us for that kinda stuff... sad but true! Pfffffffffffft!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Happy St. Patrick's Day

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️🌈🍯☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️🌈🍯☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Don't forget to wear GREEN
Yeppers, I did! The kiddos even commented on my green shamrock earrings... They know I have earrings for all the holidays, it's a teacher thing eh?

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Happy St. Paddy Day Warriors
Thanks, Berni! Hope yours was happy as well!

Cathy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat60
Jo - we are flying. Stupid plane leave GR at 6 am. Lands in Dallas with a 2 hour layover and then off to Jackson Hole Wy to land at 12:30. We grab a rental car and get to the resort to get dressed at to the wedding by 5:30!! I'm looking for local stores now so we can just stop and grab boiled eggs, jerky, and cans of tuna and chicken. I wish I had booked a day earlier so I would have more time in town to grab supplies. I will figure this out. I think I can pack jerky in my suitcase and maybe even my travel bag. Layover in Dallas should be long enough to grab a burger w/o a bun. Wedding food - not a clue what they are having but since our room is right there - I can sneak up stairs when I need to eat - right???
Wow that's a lot of traveling and plane-hopping to get to a wedding on time! It's gonna be quite the adventure!

Yeah, the extra day may have been helpful but live and learn is my motto!

No one says you can't pack food in your suitcases stateside, don't know so much about the carry-ons b/c of all the restrictions. You can always google TSA regs online even contact your airline to find out that info!

Yeppers, good plan to sneak upstairs to eat when you need!

Hope you get a chance to buy OP foods btwn picking up the rental car and getting to the resort!

So when do you leave for this adventure?
  #1446   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 03:41

BF:

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Jo..., didn't do anything for St. Paddy Day. When I worked downtown always went to the parade. Great fun and I like the dancing. In fact, Friday I was at a wake for me DBIL sister who passed away quietly in her sleep at 90. She was a great lady and a low carber also. Followed the stillman diet all of her life.

Karen.... So glad you are feeling better. Yepper to this day I can tell kiddos under the weather and they will still ask if I can do something! When they down then they are calling for me to stop by with meds or something! DD is finally getting it with 3 little ones how it is to be the mom!
Cat... I always call the hotel, resort or banquet hall to find out the menu. They usually give it to me no problem. I do it for two reason like to know if there is anything I can partake in and also always like my gift to cover my meal and then some. If there is nothing I just eat before and enjoy the merriment!
The last time I travelled to Texas I flew brought my canned tuna in my checked luggage. I also have been know in desperation to get the Micky D egg rounds and plain burgers ala carte and buy a value salad. Instant meal. Subway will put any sandwich on a bowl and they have packets of vinegar and oil. Wendy's also has a small Caesar salad sans croutons and just add a chik breast Sammy sans bread. Also there is always a pizza place that delivers to hotel many have chik wings or meat sammies that you could choose minus the carbage! Have a great time enjoy the festivities and remember the carbage is poison for you and as a warrior you will always find away to stay on plan!

Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1447   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 05:10

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jo nothing for st patty's day here. I don't do this holiday mostly yea, green beer was drunk in the younger, olden days, but that is well over HA HA

Bernie, I hear ya on being the mule around the place. all mom's seem to be the pack horse, the mule that carrys it all to help everyone

Great list of what foods you can buy if needed. When mom wanted wendy's I got the bacon cheeseburger one in a bowl. It was good not something I do alot but in emergencies there is food out there to buy and survive.

HI ALL

time to cut on some kcals. I can eat and maintain but can't lose. So it is NOW time to put some control on the feed bag

will see if it shifts off some lbs. I know JO eats in the neighborhood of 800-1100 kcals in a day? I think that is about right and I know Bernie mentioned she is in that 1200 kcal neighborhood. It is time for me to watch portion sizes and get some kcals out of the equation. I know as I lost lbs I don't require as much food to survive, now I have to cut the kcals a bit to make the body want to drop a few more lbs!

any suggestions are welcome ya know from you guys

I might have to start replacing some rib meals with some chicken breast. that kind of thing.

Bernie, Jo and DE....since you guys are maintaining and hit goal, what is the main food you guys are eating? Is it the chicken breast? I know you guys are doing some salad in your day, I might have to just bring that back in for a brunch time meal and see how it sets on the guts. that salad is a calorie controller for sure ok, hmm, just thinking here.

nothing major today. waiting to see how the day clears. alot of rainy around, might get some sun, if we do I might walk out there!

everyone have a fine day!!
  #1448   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 06:51

Hi All - yes, I'm kicking myself on not getting in the day before the wedding. AA charges 200+ per ticket change fee, plus and additional 50 for booking through Hopper, plus difference in price for a whopping $680 for DH and I to change flights to the day before. So, no can do. Fare was already over $600 for each of us just to attend this affair. IF her Mom hadn't been my best friend I sure wouldn't be spending this amount of cash to go.

THANK YOU Bernie for all the good suggestions. I will call the resort and ask for the menu for the wedding. And YES subway is an option. I haven't been eating salads but if I need to fill in with lettuce plus chicken breast - it's better than going off plan. I figure I can grab a burger or chicken breast anywhere without bun and then grab eggs at the local store. We'll pack a bunch of jerky for the carry on bags and then cans of tuna and chicken in our checked bag. I'll bring an empty water bottle (32 oz) and fill it at the drinking fountain.

Jo - I'll have enough with me that if I can't get to the store between the rental and wedding - I'll survive. I have my sister in law sending me an email as to whether or not there are refrigerators in the rooms and if so - she said she'd go shop for me before I get there!! ❤
---------------------------------------------

Whirrlly - so glad you are up around and back with us!! I stay around 1200 every day too, but am ZC. My loss is slower than I'd like, but it is steady and I've given myself this entire year to get off the weight. I am excited to be joining the maintenance warriors on or before Jan 1 2018!!!! Even though you have a lot less to lose than I do - let's do this together!

Jo - I think the earings ARE a teacher thing!! I have a few teachers in the family and they have earrings and outfits for every holiday!! Too funny!!

Have a great Sunday all! Gonna be 45 degrees here! WHOO HOO! WE ARE ON CLOUD NINE!

Spring is coming...............!!!

Last edited by Cat60 : Sun, Mar-19-17 at 08:34.
  #1449   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 09:41

BF:

Morning All...

It's a beautiful sunny day out and not yet too hot

Cat...we travel a lot and always find food on plan. I think you will find it easier than you think. Like Bernie, I find places that I can order to meet my LC needs. Hasn't been an issue. Have a good time!

Karen...I eat mostly fish and chicken, eggs ...mostly egg white. Salads and veggies. Rarely do I eat beef or pork. Usually, I eat twice a day without snacking. I drink a lot of coffee and flavored water. I use olive oil or avocado oil for my fats. I use mayo made with avocado oil.

Edited to add: I wore green on st paddy's day and got flashed by a neighbor wearing green panties when I asked her where's her green then I went out to lunch with son and granddaughter, had chicken breast with greens

Last edited by DelaneyLC : Sun, Mar-19-17 at 10:02.
  #1450   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 10:25
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Removed by me b/c I Oooopsed! Wanted to add it to the post that follows....

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Mar-19-17 at 10:26. Reason: Option S: Stoopid posting error! HA!
  #1451   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 10:29
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Sunday, WARRIORS!!!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Boy, I sure am starting to get worried about our MIA WARRIORS: Beth, Charms & Larry... hope they are just too busy working/playing to come in here...

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"How do you want to feel this summer? FABULOUS or jealous?"
unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
?Jo..., didn't do anything for St. Paddy Day. When I worked downtown always went to the parade. Great fun and I like the dancing. In fact, Friday I was at a wake for me DBIL sister who passed away quietly in her sleep at 90. She was a great lady and a low carber also. Followed the stillman diet all of her life.
So sorry to hear about your DBIL's sister... my deepest condolences to you and your family!
Quote:
The last time I travelled to Texas I flew brought my canned tuna in my checked luggage. I also have been know in desperation to get the Micky D egg rounds and plain burgers ala carte and buy a value salad. Instant meal. Subway will put any sandwich on a bowl and they have packets of vinegar and oil. Wendy's also has a small Caesar salad sans croutons and just add a chik breast Sammy sans bread. Also there is always a pizza place that delivers to hotel many have chik wings or meat sammies that you could choose minus the carbage! Have a great time enjoy the festivities and remember the carbage is poison for you and as a warrior you will always find away to stay on plan!
Wow you got this traveling and staying 100% OP down pat, don't you, girlie???

That would be the reason why you're a WARRIOR member of TEAM 5%! Woot! Woot!
Quote:
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
Hope you get a chance to chil-lax today, Berni!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Jo nothing for st patty's day here. I don't do this holiday mostly yea, green beer was drunk in the younger, olden days, but that is well over HA HA
Yeppers, I hear you, Karen!
Quote:
time to cut on some kcals. I can eat and maintain but can't lose. So it is NOW time to put some control on the feed bag

will see if it shifts off some lbs. I know JO eats in the neighborhood of 800-1100 kcals in a day? I think that is about right and I know Bernie mentioned she is in that 1200 kcal neighborhood. It is time for me to watch portion sizes and get some kcals out of the equation. I know as I lost lbs I don't require as much food to survive, now I have to cut the kcals a bit to make the body want to drop a few more lbs!
Sounds like you're really motivated to see the scales shift DOWNWARD!

I don't eat more than around 800 kcals a day, some days it's less b/c I ain't that hungry...
Quote:
any suggestions are welcome ya know from you guys

I might have to start replacing some rib meals with some chicken breast. that kind of thing.
Sounds like you've got a plan with replacing some of your beef with chicken...

Quote:
Bernie, Jo and DE....since you guys are maintaining and hit goal, what is the main food you guys are eating? Is it the chicken breast? I know you guys are doing some salad in your day, I might have to just bring that back in for a brunch time meal and see how it sets on the guts. that salad is a calorie controller for sure ok, hmm, just thinking here.
I don't eat pork or beef. My main proteins are chicken breast, fish (lots of fish) and egg whites.

I don't add extra fat to anything except my <1 Tbsp of EVOO for my salad dressing... I eat a salad everyday.

Depending on how hungry I feel, I'll eat anywhere from 2 oz to 4 oz of salad. Daily carbs = 2 to 4 carbs for the leafy green salad plus my <1 carb for my 1 cup of Almond milk for my morning cup of joes!

I don't eat before 5 pm...b/c I really do suffer from that chronic illness called “I’m only hungry when I start putting FOOD in my mouth!” syndrome!

This is what works for me...YMMV of course!

Cathy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat60
Hi All - yes, I'm kicking myself on not getting in the day before the wedding. AA charges 200+ per ticket change fee, plus and additional 50 for booking through Hopper, plus difference in price for a whopping $680 for DH and I to change flights to the day before. So, no can do. Fare was already over $600 for each of us just to attend this affair. IF her Mom hadn't been my best friend I sure wouldn't be spending this amount of cash to go.
Yeah, I wouldn't change the tickets either at that PRICE, Holy Hannah!

You're a good friend to shell out that kinda dough to attend the wedding!
Quote:
THANK YOU Bernie for all the good suggestions. I will call the resort and ask for the menu for the wedding. And YES subway is an option. I haven't been eating salads but if I need to fill in with lettuce plus chicken breast - it's better than going off plan. I figure I can grab a burger or chicken breast anywhere without bun and then grab eggs at the local store. We'll pack a bunch of jerky for the carry on bags and then cans of tuna and chicken in our checked bag. I'll bring an empty water bottle (32 oz) and fill it at the drinking fountain.
Be careful with jerky, I have YET to find a brand of jerky that didn't contain sugar and was ZERO carbs and loaded with sodium. If you have, please SHARE!

Ooops, I found some on amazon, but it is PRICEY, at least IMHO!

https://www.amazon.com/Peoples-Choi...A114327011&th=1
Quote:
Jo - I'll have enough with me that if I can't get to the store between the rental and wedding - I'll survive. I have my sister in law sending me an email as to whether or not there are refrigerators in the rooms and if so - she said she'd go shop for me before I get there!! ❤
Nice that your SIL will shop for you! That's awesome!
Quote:
Jo - I think the earings ARE a teacher thing!! I have a few teachers in the family and they have earrings and outfits for every holiday!! Too funny!!
Quote:
Have a great Sunday all! Gonna be 45 degrees here! WHOO HOO! WE ARE ON CLOUD NINE!

Spring is coming...............!!!
Yeppers it sure is! Thank goodness! Much like Karen, I am sooo DONE with winter and the cold!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
It's a beautiful sunny day out and not yet too hot
Yeppers, sounds like our weather! Been mid 80s all last week and this w/e; much the same predicted for this upcoming week. I ain't complainin'!
Quote:
Karen...I eat mostly fish and chicken, eggs ...mostly egg white. Salads and veggies. Rarely do I eat beef or pork. Usually, I eat twice a day without snacking. I drink a lot of coffee and flavored water. I use olive oil or avocado oil for my fats. I use mayo made with avocado oil.
You eat pretty much the same things I do...

I tried the avocado oil, a friend of mine gave me a small bottle to sample... I didn't care for the strong taste...maybe it was the brand??

Quote:
Edited to add: I wore green on st paddy's day and got flashed by a neighbor wearing green panties when I asked her where's her green then I went out to lunch with son and granddaughter, had chicken breast with greens
at "flashed" by neighbor! Too funny! Nice that you went to lunch with your DS and DGD for St. Patty's Day!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Mar-19-17 at 10:31. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #1452   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 12:52

Just a quick note:
Delaney - I'm laughing my butt off at the flashing remark!!!
Jo - we make our own jerky! Just eye of the round (beef) and salt and pepper. We have started getting some sugar free rubs but haven't tried them yet. Almost all prepackaged jerky has sugar in it - unless you order on line and order expensive shit!!! We are making ours for 3-4$ a pound when we find the beef on sale.

I cannot believe you ladies eat no beef or pork!! Well, pork I can see. I eat very little pork other than bacon and I'm giving bacon up. I might give up all pork. But I do eat a lot of fat on my meat. I like it fatty. Did you two lose your taste for fat? Why only egg whites? They taste horrible!!! I tried them once without the yoke and about threw them up. I love my eggs whole. Maybe as I progress fat won't be appealing anymore?

Happy Sunday!!!
  #1453   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 13:10

BF:

Hi Cat...I had to change things up because of high cholesterol. At first I ate fatty beef, lots of bacon, etc and it caused my cholesterol to go sky high. Now I eat some egg with yoke, but very limited. I very much like chicken & fish & veggies though, but I am about to give up dairy too.
  #1454   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 13:25

BF:

Hi Karen,
I eat eggs, ground turkey, tuna and chicken. I usually feel best when I keep kcals at 1200-1400. I usually have a pound a day of meat and eggs combined. No dairy. Only avocado oil or olive oil for dressing. My carbs are around 5 per day from leafy greens, herbs and spinach. Occasionally cukes and celery with my salad.
I sometimes mix ground chuck with the ground turkey for a taco salad or chili bowl. Ever since I got my cholesterol numbers I been using more ground turkey less fatty ground beef.
Sometimes I am hungry and cranky if it is a long day. Usually if I can't nap or rest I will eat more protein only. Usually gets me through.
Honestly Karen I luv to eat big so without limits I could go to town on any of my on plan foods and Yepper the scales would go up.
Haven't figured out a way to eat no carbs, not go a little hungry and maintain my weight. Heck though it is a whole lot better than being starving all the time on carbs!
  #1455   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-17, 04:51

BF:

Happy first day of spring warriors!🌷🌸🌹🌺🌼🌻💐
Closed Thread