Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 08:17

Plan: Protein power
Stats: 230/215/130 Female 62 inches
BF:???
Progress: 15%
Cool want a buddy

Hello, I am requesting some buddies that will keep me motivated and on the low carb track. I am 220#, female, and would like to eventually weigh 130#. I am fairly new to this forum as a registered user, however I have been visiting here for over a year.

I tried to get back on track in early November, but it did not happen. I really pigged out at Thanksgiving, and have felt like crap since then. I restarted yesterday, Sunday, and have been good for a day (oh boy). I have a really bad time about letting my weight affect my entire self esteem. If I gain weight, I am a bad person, and if I lose, then I feel ok with myself-same story for alot of people I guess.

The problem is that I did very well last summer and lost down to 204#, lost part of my fat tummy and was feeling good-lost all the water weight, my clothes were lose, and was very happy. When I fell off low carb, I started eating sugar-my downfall is chocolate, and I cannot seem to get back on low carb long enough to keep myself motivated.

I really want to do this, I have done this, and this time I don't want to stop at 204, I want to see 199 and keep going. Any of you who would like to help keep me on track, please send me a message. I would appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 22:07

Plan: protein power plan
Stats: 214/204/158
BF:???????
Progress: 18%

Hey gummybear! Just dropping in to say welcome. This is my second time on PP too. I did great last summer and in fact lost 30+ in about 4 months. Then we went on vacation.........needless to say, here I am again. Did you mention a weakness with chocolate? I won't even share chocolate bars with my 3 year old son! I notice that our stats are fairly similar too. I am new to this forum as well. The people here are really friendly and helpful. Did you start a journal yet? They're great and people pop in to cheer you on your way and give great advice. Keep up your great attitude. I am sure we will both do great!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 06:10

Hi lisaes,
Yes, our stats are similar. I wonder about going on a low carb diet this time of the year, with all those yummy sweet treats and the Christmas parties. I have been an all or nothing kind of gal, either I am on a diet and am very cautious about everything that goes into my mouth, or I blow it and come off the diet. It is hard for me to be somewhere in the middle. Does that make sense?

My goals for December are to drink water like mad, and make better food selections during the parties and dinners. I have a treadmill, I need to make myself get on it and go, it is just so boring and I can always think of something else that I could be doing-LOL. If I can maintain my weight and not gain like I usually do, then I will be ahead for January, when I really plan to hit it hard. We have a family wedding May 31, I hate to be the fattest person there, so I have got to get myself into shape, plus I know that I do not want to be this heavy in the summer either.

What are your weight loss goals? I think that a journal may be the way to go, I just don't know about having everyone reading it, I guess it would not be much different than people reading this post?

Gotta go get my kids up for school so they can start their day, thanks for the reply.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 20:33

Plan: protein power plan
Stats: 214/204/158
BF:???????
Progress: 18%

I would guess that Christmas is one if not the most hardest part of the year when it comes to any plan, but hey, if we can get through it without a hitch, the rest of the the time will be a breeze! I wouldn't say I have any "solid" goals except to be able to get into the piles of clothes that I have tucked away inside me trunk and get RID of these frumpy things I have now!! Since I have put on weight, I have absolutely no desire to shop for any clothes and prefer to wait until I lose the weight. I work in a doctor's office so I usually wear uniforms but it would be really nice to just go and pick something really cute of the rack and have it actually fit. I haven't been exercising at all! I really love to walk but since it's been so cold here I don't dare go out. I did a lot of walking last winter and came down with "walking pneumonia". Tonight it is -29 (celcius). I am not sure what that would be in farenheit but believe me, it is COLD! We try to get out ice skating every weekend but it's more of a family time thing than a exercise thing but I suppose every little bit helps. One thing I do have planned for Christmas is a "cheat day". I have elected to host Christmas dinner this year I am going to pick one thing that I want and eat it without any guilt whatsoever. It is a toss up between the stuffing or dessert. I know that there are probably lots of low carb recipes for both but since I will be cooking for a crowd I don't want to make two of everything. On boxing day I will be back on the wagon again.
If you have a minor set back you just have to think that tomorrow is another day. Just keep in mind that wedding that you have to get to. Nobody will even notice the bride b/c everyone will be looking at you saying "my god! she looks great!" Anyway, on that note, keep up the good work . TTFN
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 21:36

That is a good plan that you have, about planning a day in which you eat what you want, especially for Christmas dinner. It will give you willpower to stick to the plan b/c you know that you are going to eat something yummy in just 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!! And I would go for the desserts ( which if you spell desserts backward it spells stressed) over stuffing anyday. Maybe you can get a good low carb cheesecake recipe, and you would not have to cheat at all!

We are really alot alike, you mentioned wearing scrubs to work, I work at a hospital, and we get to wear scrubs too, they hide lots of flab don't they!

Speaking of work, I work 12 hour dayshifts Fri, Sat, and Sun, so if I don't show up on this board for a few days, that is why. Have a great weekend.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 11:11
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi gummy,
I just read your post. I know how hard it is to get through the holidays. Chocolate is my downfall as well as cookies, cheesecake and what everelse the kids leave behind. I was on Atkins 8-01 and lost 50 somthing pounds. I had surgery last dec and have been stuck ever since. I did go back for induction ( strict) phase just a few days ago. I am still craving all the sweets bad. But I find that if I drink a bottle of water it fills me up. No it doesn't take away the cravings but it makes my mind busy. I get real fully from the water. I try mind games on myself. I try rel hard to get out of the house alot also. Even to clean the garage anything to be far away from the kitchen. let me know if any of these help. I am always around , always on the computer ( I think it also keeps me busy. I am a sahm. Stace