Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-18, 12:43

Plan: Adkins 40
Stats: 176/174/163 Male 68
BF:
Progress:
Default Keto Rash

So I had been on the low carb diet about about 4 weeks. I lost maybe 4 lbs in the first few weeks and could tell a difference in how my clothes fit.

Last weekend I got a nasty rash on my chest and lower ab area, gave me ointment and antibiotics, but still got worse.

I talked to a nurse friend she told me to take some probiotics and get off Keto diet. Finally the rash is getting better.

Anyone else with this experience?
any solutions?

I think I'm done with low carb, was keeping under 40 grams. I think I could have lost the same weight eating good carbs and just avoiding junk/bad foods.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-18, 14:35

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

It is your body clearing out the carb trash you were eating before. Check out this website for how to treat it while remaining on a keto diet:
https://blog.kettleandfire.com/keto-rash/
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-18, 23:13
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Nice article. I had crazy bad itching under my arms when I started LC last fall. Still really hot in CA. I thought it might be yeast so I rinsed with 10% peroxide and cleaned the area several times a day and it just faded away. I never had it before and tried no antiperspirant, questioned if it was my new pjs -nothing made sense.