Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 19:01

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I've been on Low carb for...well 2 years now that I think about it, strictly, but here I am....
But thanks for the input on it's use.
I do have the drinkable type now. Seems to be helping already....
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-29-16, 05:21

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

I picked up a bottle at the grocery store (Fry's) yesterday. (Good to know Whole Foods has it too.) It was in the organic products section. Put the glass on the scale, poured in 4 ounces, and drank it neat. Has a bit of a sour taste. Brands probably differ. So grateful for this suggestion. So along with the spoonful of Benefiber in my coffee (it dissolves so completely there is no sense of a fiber), I hope to postpone my next attack. Thanks again.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Feb-29-16, 08:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Heh. The unflavored is an acquired taste, for sure! But I learned to love it.

I really like the mango, though.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 04:53

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Just adding that Aloe Juice is a popular remedy on The People's Pharmacy for GERD and one of the recommended products to use when getting off PPI's to minimize their rebound effect. Trader Joe's also has a large bottle of it on the bottom shelf in the juice section.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 04:59

BF:

TJ has it too? Good to know. Fry's had it in both pharmacy--gel for sunburns--and the liquid in organic products. I hope it can be found in Wal Mart Canada too.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 05:20

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Talking to my doctor about what sets some people off with this ailment we both agreed that spicy foods can cause it. I had another doctor tell me that fat was bad but after further questioning, I realized that he was talking about breaded and battered foods fried in oil/fat. A very different animal but those who don't understand low-carb think of it as one in the same.
We also agreed that I should eat no raw vegetables but eat them well cooked only.
The more I read the more I don't think fiber has anything to do with it, especially since I have been eating fresh vegetables every day for years. I have gotten to the point where I think that anything with a husk is too hard to digest and not a good thing. It's only since the low fat craze caught on that we were all told to eat what I consider to be livestock food...
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 06:46
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
TJ has it too? Good to know. Fry's had it in both pharmacy--gel for sunburns--and the liquid in organic products. I hope it can be found in Wal Mart Canada too.

Loblaws a.k.a. Real Canadian Superstore carries it in their health food section, in the supplements aisle.

Also, well.ca has a whole line of drinkable aloe vera juice products .. including gallon-size jugs if you're really into it. They offer free shipping within Canada for orders over $29.

(disclaimer: well.ca is just one of several Cdn online retailers I've dealt with in the past, and can vouch for their service. There is no affiliate code or any other profit/hook in the links )
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-16, 04:40

BF:

Thanks Doreen. Always good to know where to get products in Canada.
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-18, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: 4 corners
Stats: 203/190/135 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress:
Default diverticulosis stuff

hi, just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth on this irritating, and sometimes devastating , disease. I was diagnosed 5 years ago...thru trial and error I discovered a few triggers; worst ones, corn, nuts, and seeds. so don't let the bigshot doctors tell you its ok for everyone. heavily spiced things are not good either. so by being very strict and using a combination of Metamucil, raw garlic, and garlic pills daily, I went three years with no problem. got a little lax and added in nuts and some spices, (which I love) and paid the price...had to go on those two horrible drugs, Cipro and flagyl. so having been told to go on low residue diet for awhile, I have decided to stay on low residue diet. I eat NOTHING with seeds...bananas and applesauce for fruit, peaches, mangos, ect. I eat a little white bread, cream of wheat, cooked vegies, in other words very bland diet. to my Metamucil, I have also added chamomile tea, slippery elm bark, and my garlic regime has stayed...we will see how this works. I was on low carb but causes constipation which is very bad for this disease...so sorry, not on lowcarb anymore as I will do anything I have to to keep diverticulitis at bay.