Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 12:48
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default Any Kansas LC'ers Out There??

Yes, I am from the state that Dorothy & Toto were fools to return to... (although I don't think Toto had much say in the matter)-- I would have stayed in Oz (Actually there were more books by Frank Baum,where they did return,but that is another topic heheh).I guess it is not too bad to live here, but I feel that I am out in the middle of nowhere... wait... I am!!! ANYHOW... I was wondering if there are any other Kansans doing this lo-carb thing... and if they was in my area if they were... for the time being I will say I am about in the middle of Kansas..(now you know why I say I feel like I am out in the middle of nowhere, for those familiar with the state!) If you are from Kansas... drop me a note... or post a reply... so we can talk~ best wishes in your endeavors whomever may read this~!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 10:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 232/208/175
BF:
Progress: 42%
Cool

Hiya Suze...Here from KC area and into Atkins for 5 weeks.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 12:33
Registered Member

Default hi Sawdust!

Well, there is actually some ppl from Kansas on here, who are willing to admit that they are from here! How are you doing on Atkins? I am on Induction now, day #4, even tho I am going to combine plans down the line, I thought that I would start with this. I am more in the center of the state, but I have been to KC before, a few times in fact. Last time that I was there, was Jan. 16, 2001, to pick up my sweetie at the bus station, as he was moving here to be with my son and me. He is now my hubby, and there is also a little girl, who is almost a year old now.
I am glad ya answered, as I was beginning to wonder if there would be anyone who would... so thanks! Get those posts up, and I will reply to ya.Bye 'til then
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 13:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179/171/135
BF:39%/37%/30%
Progress: 18%
Default Former Kansan

I grew up near Wichita and graduated from Kansas State (GO CATS!).

Melissa
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 14:37
Registered Member

Thumbs up Welcome Melissa~

Hi Melissa and welcome to the LC forum~ I hope that you will find it as helpful as I have, and the rest who come here as well. I am partial to the Wildcats too~ and I lived in Wichita in 1976 for a little while. It certainly has changed over the years. There are a lot of gangs down there now, and the "bad part" of town has gotten a lot worse. Thx for visiting ~ and hope ya stop by again and tell me how you are doing on your progress~
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 12:16
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 161/141/135 Female 64 inches
BF:??/24%/18%
Progress: 77%

Speaking of K-State...

Hey there, I'm in Manhattan.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 21:10

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 282/273/150
BF:"alot"
Progress: 7%
Smile

Hey there Sawdust and others! I also live in the KC metro area...on the Kansas side these days, but still a Missourian at heart (I still miss the two party system which doesn't seem to exist in KS). Anyway, I'm new to LC. Have only been on it 2 weeks and have lost 9 lbs. so far...can't complain. I'd love to hear from folks in the KC area.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 22:45
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 158.5/124.4/112 Female 60 in.
BF:33%/26%/???
Progress: 73%

KU Alumni here!

Born & raised in Leavenworth but live in Colorado for the past 2 years. I'm PROUD to be a Kansan!

Paty
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 21:33
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing/ Body-for-Life
Stats: 260/237/160 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:48%/35%/13%
Progress: 23%

I'm exactly the oposite!!
I claim Colorado as my stomping grounds but I live in Kansas (Wichita) with my husband now.

Man do I miss Colorado in august! Doesn't get 100 degrees plus in the shade!! It's like the state is trying to kill me!

I've been LCing since May 21 and i'm loving it. For the last 3 weeks I've been 10 pounds lighter then the week before. and Sommer's plan is awesome- more carbs then atkins but that keeps me sane!

Hope you're all doing well! Stay cool!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 16:30
Registered Member

Stats: 240/203/150 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 41%

I live in the Wichita area and have been LCing for about 2 1/2 weeks. It does work! GO CATS!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 12:35
Airy Cats Eyes

Stats: 198/180/171 Female 5'5"
BF:diminishing daily
Progress: 67%
Default Home is where your heart is

Hi all,
Right now, my home is in a KC suburb on the Kansas side. Didn't grow up here, grew up in Brooklyn NY and I'm a Mets fan through and through. Spent some years in Bloomington Indiana hating Bobby Knight. So I wish all you sports fans good luck with your teams.

In the suburbs, it doesn't really feel like the vast prairie, but I miss the 2-party system too! I actually became a Republican so I could vote in a primary (mixed results, but there are a lot of us here). don't get me started or I'll flame ...

We lived on the Missouri side and switched when it became apparent that the KC school district couldn't help my son and actually put him in physical danger. He's got autism (some of us w/autistic people in our lives post in an off-topic thread) and we picked out a school on the Kansas side and we feel lucky that we were able to do it. He still misses our old house and constantly draws pictures of "A Home in Kansas City, Missouri."
Cheers!
Eri Z
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 11:31
Airy Cats Eyes

Stats: 198/180/171 Female 5'5"
BF:diminishing daily
Progress: 67%
Lightbulb KC MO LC Store in Brookside!

If you're in the area, there's a store in Brookside that sells all LC stuff, including those sauces that claim to have no calories or carbs (I don't trust it myself).
Also, Great Harvest Bread at 95th Street and Nall in Overland Park, KS has lc bread--I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know how good it is.
Eri Z
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 20:56

Stats: 320/196/195 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 99%
Default Brookside store

What is the name of the low carb store in Brookside? I have been to Manna Nutrition at 95th and Nall and they have a lot of LC items but they are a little pricy. Watch out for the bread at Great Harvest. It is good but still has about 9 carbs per slice. I tried a nibble.

tdf
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 21:57

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 160.0/128.0/125.0 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 91%

Hello to all you Kansas people!! I live close to Hutchinson. Anyone else close by?? Also, I am a true K-State football fan. GO WILDCATS!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 19:20

Plan: eclectic
Stats: 221/205/170 Male 5'5
BF:I SHOULD track it
Progress: 31%

From Topeka here. I'm also PROUD to be from Kansas...if it weren't so darned cold today (9 degrees). Furnace quit this afternoon and I can literally see my breath as I type this.

Anyway, I'm glad to see other's from Kansas...not feeling so alone!

Well, I'm off to take my furnace apart.