Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 02:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/200/143 Male 173cm
BF:
Progress:

Yup, I took 4 capsules a day. 2 in the morning, 2 in the evening. Mine bottle is the 120 capsules version, so it can last me for a month + 1 week (based on 3 week on, 1 week off). Maybe they are trying to clear stock for the EFX. GNC is having a 20% promo for Hydroxycut & Xendarine RFA-1 now if I am not wrong.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 17:40
Registered Member

Stats: 228/209/180 Male 184cm
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chias
Hello fellow Singa LCers,
Have been following this forum for at lease 2 months now and hv been on & off Atkins without much success.

Actually I am not overweight (45kg) but just flabby and fat at the wrong places! I was actually on a vegetarian diet for almost 2 years!!

* Maybe you should try going to the GYM and tone your body.

Started on Atkins again (3 weeks ago) and did quite well until last Sat. I busted my diet "overdose" of peanuts sob....

* Based on Dr.A, it is OK but not too often, it will just make it alot more harder to loose weight. Peanuts IMO is not too bad, at least alot more better than potato chips.

The effect was instant! The next day my tummy bloat like nobody's business. I was so demorlaised that I ate some more carbs, 1 apple and at least 10 seeds of ranbutan.....

* your bloated tummy might be from all the peanuts. :P

BTW, is Ngoh Hiang and fried Tau Kwa a low carb food? Thought of having them as Breakfast. Got tired of eggs eggs and more eggs...

* Ngoh Hiang IMO is a NO NO probably loaded with alot of hidden carbs. Tau Kwa is good. You can try bacon or cheese with eggs.

About Splenda. Spoke to Staff of NTUC, actually splenda is banned in Singapore that is why all supermarkets do not carry them now.

* Hmmm....you probably kana Conned by NTUC staff, pulled a fast one on you becasue they do not know the answer. Well...just my thoughts.

About Xenadrine, will it help if I do not exercise?
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 22:55

Stats: 143/139/121 Female 164
BF:
Progress:
Default Sausages

Hi,

Anyone knows where I can get "nitrate-free" sausages in Singapore?

Cheers,
Ginkgo
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 08:22
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgonutz
Hi,

Anyone knows where I can get "nitrate-free" sausages in Singapore?

Cheers,
Ginkgo

Good question, I do not know :P
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 08:04

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

gink...i used to be particular about having nitrate-less sausages... i couldnt find any. now i cant be bothered. whether does it have nitrate or not, i just eat it. but in all, dont take too much of canned/preserved meats. go for fresh food. i just bought some fresh beef/mutton today. haha that will last me a few days of breakfasts.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 17:46
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumih_81
gink...i used to be particular about having nitrate-less sausages... i couldnt find any. now i cant be bothered. whether does it have nitrate or not, i just eat it. but in all, dont take too much of canned/preserved meats. go for fresh food. i just bought some fresh beef/mutton today. haha that will last me a few days of breakfasts.

Wah lao! you cook your own breakfast? I can't be bothered, just go to hawker and buy cooked food. Donno if i can tahan to eat beef/mutton for breakfast.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 19:40

BF:
Progress:

Hi Fumih,

Thanks for the tip! My favourite is chicken chipolata! Not sure if they are "nitrate free" though.

Would anyone like to share what your typical low-carb meal consists of? I find it quite hard to go on a low-carb diet since I eat out most of the time!

Cheers,
Ginkgo
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 03:53
Registered Member

Plan: stillman's
Stats: 125/125/94
BF:
Progress: 0%

was wondering if ba hu ( pork floss) is low carb friendly? hahaha. want to find out b4 i eat it.
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 04:02
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie16
was wondering if ba hu ( pork floss) is low carb friendly? hahaha. want to find out b4 i eat it.

No, cannot, me checked liao, got sugar! hehe

First thing that pop! into my head when I started Atkins was "Ba Kua", checked and got sugar.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 06:08
Registered Member

Plan: stillman's
Stats: 125/125/94
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by saymeng
No, cannot, me checked liao, got sugar! hehe

First thing that pop! into my head when I started Atkins was "Ba Kua", checked and got sugar.

i tot ba hu was nice! but i do know that Ba Kua dey put honey and wasnt sure if ba hu haf anot. but thanks!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 06:42

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

a rule of thumb for those sweet meats is that basically you can ask our own tongue. if we avoid sugar regularly (ie not used to sugar)...the least bit of sugar our tongue can sure sense it.... yeah bak kwa is also my favourite. i think typically my meals would be western food....economy rice, fast food, salmon sashimi....basically i make my meals be 60% meat, 40% veges and rice. i usually cant finish even a quarter of my rice. but i think i have a soft spot for bee hoon, choco, potatoes...kekekekekek...

heyy do any Xenadrine takers experience this airbloat-around-the-heart problem? it feels like a little air blob going around the heart...and i can feel that there is air around my kidneys...like air trapped....last time when i first take xenadrine, i felt the same but didnt know it is caused by xenadrine. but now i am aware of it. and i have taken it for 2 wks plus, felt the xenadrine taste inside me that feels 'repelling' ...
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 06:55
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumih_81
heyy do any Xenadrine takers experience this airbloat-around-the-heart problem? it feels like a little air blob going around the heart...and i can feel that there is air around my kidneys...like air trapped....last time when i first take xenadrine, i felt the same but didnt know it is caused by xenadrine. but now i am aware of it. and i have taken it for 2 wks plus, felt the xenadrine taste inside me that feels 'repelling' ...

Wah lao! sounds scary leh , you still taking ah?
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 21:34

BF:
Progress:

Wah...you guys are tempting me with the bakua and floss!! My main weakness is chocolates....can't seem to stay away from them. Pity we can't get hold of the Atkins bars in Singapore. I have tried the LC bars from GNC....I think they taste awful. LC chocolates....do they exist?

Cheers,
Ginkgo
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 02:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 130/125/112 Female 156cm
BF:
Progress: 28%
Unhappy Any 1 advice me?

Hi ya...i'm new here and is really amazed by this forum. I wish to lose weight and almost wanted to buy some slimming pills...well lucky me...I saw this forum and decided to get some help....
Can any1 recommend me on any diet plans or supplements? I'm not really very fat but just plumb. Recently becoz of exam stress i've been eating a lot a lot...and my weight has been rising since....i'm really frustrated with it...can any1 offer sme help?...
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 08:59
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle
Hi ya...i'm new here and is really amazed by this forum. I wish to lose weight and almost wanted to buy some slimming pills...well lucky me...I saw this forum and decided to get some help....
Can any1 recommend me on any diet plans or supplements? I'm not really very fat but just plumb. Recently becoz of exam stress i've been eating a lot a lot...and my weight has been rising since....i'm really frustrated with it...can any1 offer sme help?...

Hi Krystle,

Welcome!

Before any recommedations from us you will need to understand that LC (low carbing) is not a temporary thing, it is for life! So if you should decide to go LC then I strongly suggest that you do your research first and go get a book on LC. I am on Atkins, I got my book from Borders for $20++, "Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution" = DANDR.

Please remember to do proper research before you start LC, it can be very dangerous if done wrongly .

Also, if you do not have alot of weight to loose, LC diet can be very very slow for you to achieve your target weight. There are actually four stages to LC way of eating. Early stages of LC diet can be expensive $$$$$ until your body gets adjusted.

Next, if you were to go on LC and off LC very often, it will make your body highly resistance to weight loss. As a matter of fact the same go for any other diet program.

If you still want to go on LC after all the above then I will try to answer as many questions as I can.

Last edited by saymeng : Wed, Oct-08-03 at 09:01.