Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 07:19
Contributing Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 225/210/125 Female 61
BF:40
Progress: 15%
Talking "The Book"

After losing 19 lbs, I bought the book and now understand the concept (page at a time). I recommend to everyone to read it, it is not just about losing weight it is actually understanding why I lose my weight which is amazing to me. I am only on page 30. I have so much to learn.

Just wanted to share. It has been a long road so far and it is looking brighter every day.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 08:35

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Congats on your loss.

As you say, it makes a lot of difference when you understand the science behind the LC WOEs -- and the Eades do an excellent job of explaining it. Hope you will join us on the daily Protein Power Pals thread - we can be a zany bunch, but we do read the books and are serious about eating in a way that is healthy for us. Weight loss is but a small part of eating your way to health - something I imagine you are discovering as you read the Eades books.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 11:07

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I agree with Orang. With Atkins, it didn't really make sense to me WHY this was working. Atkins put the stress on losing weight, whereas the Eades put the stress on getting healthy. Now that I know WHY grains are not good for me, I'm far less likely to partake.

By all means, read the book.

By the way, did you read "Protein Power" (their first book) or "Protein Power Lifeplan" (their second book). Both are invaluable, but I would strongly recommend reading the first book first.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 23:09

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

I am fairly new to this WOE also....and PP is the first LC diet I have tried. I chose it because I liked figuring out what my minimum intake of protein would be per day, and I also liked the way they explain about how LC works. I also prefer the more moderate approach they have to doing LC.Keep reading....its a great book!!

Robin
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 09:56
Contributing Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 225/210/125 Female 61
BF:40
Progress: 15%

Thanks for the advice all. I am reading the first book, power protein.
I have the lifeplan book and just ordered & arrived last night " The low carb comfort food cookbook: written by the Eades.

They have some great recipes. I don't want to become bored like before. I actually ordered 5 low carb cook books and all are wonderful tools. Have a great day all
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 13:54

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I am doing the Atkins diet and , you are right, this book completes the puzzle. Although DA did a wonderful job with his creating of this concept. Protein Power makes it easy to continue the commitment of high protein low carb with the ability to explain why it works.

Black57
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 07:42
Contributing Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 167/167/145 Female 5 foot 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I read PP a long time ago (maybe 2 years ago???) I need to go back and re-read. It is a great way to get yourself back on track by re-reading the book.