Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-30-01, 18:36

Plan:
Stats: 161/155/125
BF:
Progress:
Wink New here...

Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself, and say how glad I am to have found this little spot. You are all so supportive, when it is so desperately needed!

I started the Atkins diet on Thursday, May 24th, and some how lost six pounds in the first four days. But when I weighed yesterday I had gained two back. Of course I panicked, and wracked my brain all day trying to figure out what had gone wrong, because I have been being so careful. Today it finally became clear, when I started. It never occurred to me to wait until I had two weeks clearance from that. The coolest thing about it all though, is this is the first time in my adult life I haven't suffered from PMS. And I just know in my heart that it's because of the complete change in my diet. Getting off all the caffeine, sugar and carbs made it disappear. Hopefully it will continue, I know my husband would be thrilled!! Anyway, now I know that it's probably just the bloat monster, I feel much better. I was so depressed that I had gained, that I wanted to binge on a huge bowl of pasta. I refrained, however, and stuck to my guns.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this minor miracle happen to them??

Thanks for listening!

Julie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-30-01, 18:44
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hi Julie

Welcome to our motley band of lowcarbers!

Unfortunately for me, the fluid bloat monster hits out of the blue any old day it feels like, without rhyme or reason (well, usually too much salt, or not enough exercise .. ) ... anyway, glad things have worked out for you. And don't get hung up on the day to day fluctuations. It'll happen again. Just follow the average downward trend over the whole week.

Congrats on the loss so far, and keep us posted ..

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-30-01, 21:32
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Welcome aboard Julie!

I might sound like a broken recoed but here goes, take measurements of your body. It's more accurate and imore important than the scale since it indicate fat loss more than just weight loss.

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 07:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/245/145
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Julie,

I'm kind of new too. I know what you mean about this board. There is so much information and support. I'm thankful I stumbled across it.

Sylvie
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 11:44

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Welcome aboard Julie!!!

Good luck and congrats on the quick weight loss so far!!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 12:53

Plan:
Stats: 161/155/125
BF:
Progress:
Default Inches...

Tamarian,

I know what you mean now about the inches thing. Today I put on a pair of jeans I haven't had on in a week, and I swear it looks like a band of gypsies moved out of the back end of them. I hadn't thought to measure, but I sure will now. Thing is though, I love getting on the scale and seeing another pound gone. Oh well, I can definately live without the inches!

Julie
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 15:16

Plan: Atkins, General low carb
Stats: 190/189/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 2%

I finally listend to ya'll and started measuring last week, too. I was frustrated that I was behaving so WELL, and only lost 3 pounds on the first week of induction. My waist was 1 1/2" smaller than I thought it would be, so that in itself pleased me to no end! I also STOPPED weighing in every day. Turns out I too am PMSing, and the older I get, the more I bloat. It's not worth being a slave to a scale that doesn't know what your body is doing!