Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-10, 05:36
Registered Member

Plan: ZC
Stats: 140/116/110 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 80%

I only eat muscle meat, I have not liked any organs I have tried to eat. Not ruling it out forever, but so far I am fine on muscle meat only.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-10, 09:30

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Lily
In the meantime, will I be doing my body harm if I just eat muscle meat?

It's my impression that any "harm" that might come from eating muscle meat takes a very long time. Muscle meat doesn't have much Vitamin B12 or Vitamin A, but even vegans can go for years without showing signs of low B12. It's only depleted slowly.

I eat sauerkraut because it seems to reduce my diarrhea. I eat liver because it keeps my energy up and seems to prevent little problems like muscle cramps and a funny metallic taste on my tongue. But I think my body is a lot more damaged than most people's. I also eat caviar (actually roe, which is the cheaper version), which has a good deal of B12 and a little A and maybe some K2. Shellfish have B12 as well, and any fish that is eaten whole (including the eyes or the liver) has Vitamin A.
  #108   ^
Old Mon, May-17-10, 16:15

Plan: Low Carb/ Maybe Zero Carb
Stats: 220/175/175 Male 6'3''
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
Eat Meat, Drink Water
Let the bulk of your calories come from fat.

How much do I eat? As much as you'd like.
When do I eat? When you're hungry.
When do I drink? When you're thirsty.
How much do I drink? Enough to make you not thirsty.
How do I know if I'm hungry? A steak sounds good.
How do I know if I'm not hungry? A steak sounds bad.
Is the transition tough? Yes, it varies. It's hell for some, purgatory-like for others.
How long will it last? A day. A month. Doesn't matter. It will pass.
Will I go through detox? Yes. Some don't believe in it, but expect the worst and you'll be fine.
When will it end? No telling. May come and go for a long time. Relax. It must happen. The poison is leaving your body.
If _____ eats _____ and loses weight, why can't I? Each body is different. Figure yours out. And stop obsessing.
Must I supplement? No.
What will others think? Who cares.
I know everyone here is in great health, but could you provide me with a study of _____? No.
Do I need anything other than beef and water to achieve optimal health? No.
What is my reward for being a good little boy/girl and not cheating? If that's your perspective, there isn't one. But in truth, your reward is the great health, happiness, and freedom this path provides. If you need more than that, reexamine your soul.~~Anonymous

PilotGal

I have a question for you and that is you've mentioned over several zero carb threads (yeap i'm back reading all these) about consuming meat only for healing many things physical/psychological for your body and so was that strictly red meat/beef or did you ever incorporate salmon also?? I think i've read over on zioh that Charles stated it has to be beef/water only and not fish to heal our bodies as i've been battling Multiple Sclerosis for some years now and while low carb has greatly helped as i no longer stagger walk like i'm drunk and my double vision has improved however my nerves in my feet and ankles are still very weak and so i'm ready to go all out on Zero Carb to see over the coming months if my nerves can slowly heal up on a meat and water only diet as your posts on these threads are very inspiring to me and offer me a glimpse of hope.

Thanks
harry
  #109   ^
Old Mon, May-17-10, 16:47
Queen Empress

Plan: High fat/LC/Whole Foods
Stats: 195/188/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi Harry,
I'm just sticking my nose in this thread cause I saw your post. I have a good friend with progressive ms and was researching diets for her and just came up with some low fat diet research back in the 1960s. Could you please come to my journal if you don't mind and let me know more about your experience w/lc and ms? I would be so grateful! Maybe also what your doctors have said if anything. She was just diagnosed 2 years ago and is already using a walker.
Thanks,
Melissa
  #110   ^
Old Mon, May-17-10, 19:38

Plan: Low Carb/ Maybe Zero Carb
Stats: 220/175/175 Male 6'3''
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey 130Rebound

As far as your research for low fat i assume you are talking about the Swank diet? I've researched that also and they do have a swank diet forum however i've tried that diet and i never noticed any improvement and on top of that my cravings for carbs were thru the roof while on it so i had to give it up allthough there are some people with MS on the forum who swear by it.

Anyway if i go ZC i've thought about starting a journal or blog on the net as i have looked for someone else out there with a blog that i could follow who has MS and is on low carb diet in fighting their disease but sadly to no avail so i assume i'd be the only one on the net doing this (if i do it) as there are tons of low carb bloggers for weight loss but none for neurological diseases.

Another thing i'll probably start adding soon is coconut oil as i learned this from listening to Jimmy Moore's podcast several months back as he had on a doctor who is using it to treat her husband who has Alzheimer's as she was stating that after he started using it his symptoms were reversing as she believes it's MCT's fire up the neurons to work again which has me intrigued.

However since i've read PilotGal's numerous postings and also many others on ZIOH having improved with so many different ailments on a meat and water only diet it does have me intrigued to try it.

Anyway i want to hear what she thinks about this as i really value her judgement as she's ''walked the walk'' when it comes to ZC and healing so to speak
  #111   ^
Old Mon, May-17-10, 20:36
Queen Empress

Plan: High fat/LC/Whole Foods
Stats: 195/188/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Harry, thank you for the input. I was just curious about your symptoms improving while you were low carbing. How long did it take before you saw any differences?

I think that is such a wonderful idea to blog about trying zc and your symptoms. I wish you the best!!
  #112   ^
Old Wed, May-19-10, 12:42

Plan: VLC
Stats: 270/201/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi, I have been doing Atkins for months and I am a REALLY slow loser. I only lose about a pound every 3 weeks. I was keeping my carbs under 15 but it still hasn't been working so this last week I cut them out except for cheese once on a while and the heavy cream in my coffee and I've lost 3 pounds!! I'm so happy. I did this years ago and lost like 10 pounds a week but I guess I just got older lol so that doesn't work anymore.

Anyway here I am so I guess I'm joining you all. I do want to eventually add in some carbs later but for now I'll do without :-)
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-10, 18:04

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

bookmarking
  #114   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-10, 08:15

Plan: carnivore
Stats: 315/197/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default No new posts?

No new posts since June, or is there a new thread now?

I stopped doing carnivore for a while because I got really sick with the flu and the thought of eating anything greasy just grossed me out. Of course, in the meantime, I gained weight again until I was at 219, and that just doesn't work. So, I hopped back on carnivore again. I'll eat the pickles off a McDouble (no ketchup or onions, just meat and cheese and pickle) or the occasional handful of raspberries, but by and large, I'm veg free. In the last 2 weeks I've lost 13 pounds, am at my lowest downward weight EVER, and am 7 pounds from being out of the 200 club. I'm so excited!! It helps that this time of year, I'm too hot to want to eat much anyway. I'm finally in a size 14 work pants (well, fat lady store size 14 anyway), and my shape is melting into this curvy, small bosomed woman that I don't recognize. It's awesome!!
  #115   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-10, 10:29

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMiller26
No new posts since June, or is there a new thread now?

I stopped doing carnivore for a while because I got really sick with the flu and the thought of eating anything greasy just grossed me out. Of course, in the meantime, I gained weight again until I was at 219, and that just doesn't work. So, I hopped back on carnivore again. I'll eat the pickles off a McDouble (no ketchup or onions, just meat and cheese and pickle) or the occasional handful of raspberries, but by and large, I'm veg free. In the last 2 weeks I've lost 13 pounds, am at my lowest downward weight EVER, and am 7 pounds from being out of the 200 club. I'm so excited!! It helps that this time of year, I'm too hot to want to eat much anyway. I'm finally in a size 14 work pants (well, fat lady store size 14 anyway), and my shape is melting into this curvy, small bosomed woman that I don't recognize. It's awesome!!

Seems like this thread is pretty quiet....there is some of us who post on a meat and eggs thread that your welcome to post on and the same group of us who also post on an under 10 carbs a day thread also....here are the links if your ever interested....congrats on your loss,,,,thats GREAT....Stacy

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...184#post8133184

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=411465
  #116   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-10, 16:44
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF diet
Stats: 140/130/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey I just found this thread and although I don't have time to read it all right now I am soooo excited to try this way of eating!!! I am soooo hungry right now too....But now I have to fly out the door to my sisters house to watch them all eat birthday cake for one of her children! I know I can handle it. I will bring some eggys! I will be back to read up on this later!! Any advice??? DO I get to eat a little more than on atkins??? I am trying to keep my cals lower... do I have to with this??? I am around 1300-1600 cal now... But I am hungry... and should I give up heavy cream? No problem if I should... Ok I will stop now...
  #117   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-10, 08:40

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

I think the beauty of this WOE is we get to eat when we're hungry. If your meals include plenty of protein and fat you should be able to eat until your full and satisfied (but not stuffed). I have found that over time the appetite does decline. But until then you shouldn't have to feel deprived. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water too. The HWC should be fine in moderation. Much success on your journey!!

Last edited by JoAnn.Fit : Fri, Jul-09-10 at 11:18.
  #118   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-10, 10:51

The main reason I eat VLC is to avoid being hungry. I wouldn't count calories even if I had to do it to lose weight. Luckily, you don't have to worry as long as you're not eating anything that messes up your hormones. For some people, dairy does that, and for some people, carbs do it.

It's quite possible that if you find the right foods for you, you'll be able to stop being hungry AND lose weight.
  #119   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-10, 05:44
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF diet
Stats: 140/130/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thank you...Thank you!! I am a chicken breast and egg eater.. Not really in to beef or pork.. But I am going to start now and see how I feel. Cause after I'm done with my chicken I am usually still hungry after, or just not satisfied... That's when I binge on cheese or something. Or I make more coffee with cream to try and calm my appetite. I know that's wrong!!!!! And then my tummy feels fullllll....but thank God it doesn't get bloated anymore
  #120   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-10, 06:59

You asked in another thread how much is too much butter or homemade mayonnaise... if you're eating chicken breast, it's definitely impossible to add too much fat! Go for with that winning combination!