Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-04, 21:36

Plan: 75 carbs or less
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 2%

Any takers?

I have about 35 pouds to lose and I was thinking, I should challenge someone(s) to see who loses five pounds first. Once that person meets the five pounds first, then we race again to see who can get the next five pounds.

For example: I weigh 187 and "Jane" weighs 182, if "jane" gets to 177 (a five pound loss before I get to 182, she wins and we start a new 5 pound challenge even if I only lost 2 or three pounds, so the next challenge my new weight will be 185 (assuming I only lost 2 pounds) and "Janes" would be 177.

So what does everyone think?

Sunday morning, August 22, we'll begin. Just hop on your scale and put down the number, and get into the competitive spirit,

(crossing my fingers) I hope someone(s) is/are up to this challenge.

If not, I'll have to think of another one

Last edited by MsKetosis : Sun, Aug-22-04 at 03:40.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 10:29

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi ms ketosis!!! im up for the challenge! my weight right now is 191 and i would like to get to 170 by december 25 2004. so i guess thats about 20 more pounds that i have to lose. so....lets do this. five pounds down would bring me to 186. ur weight!! so starting now im in a race to lose 5 POUNDS!!!! good luck!!!

love jodi
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 11:33

BF:

soonslim, thank you.

Okay, my weigh in today was 186.5 LOL

I'm doing a low carbs style 50 carbs or less, I hope to lose 3/4 of a pound a day!! LOL We'll see!

Hey, you can make 170 by Christmas, just stay motivated.

xo Cindy
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 18:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/172.5/115 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi Gals, can I join in also?

I think this challenge is a great idea. I got off track a couple of months ago and have gained about 5 lbs back. I weigh 145 now and I need to take off 25 lbs. So I'm in. I wish everyone the best of luck.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 20:35

BF:

hey ms ketosis. how did u lose all that weight? have u been lc all the way? exercise? what type? ill peek in ur journal to get an idea of what uve been doin.
jodi
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 20:36

BF:

i guess u dont have a journal......lol
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 06:04

BF:

Sprissy, of course you can join in, what's your weight?

I just weighed in and I was 185.0 LOL, I'll probably lose the "5" pounds by this thursday, and if I work out, who knows, Maybe by Wednesday...LOL

Soonslim, I lost my first 70 through just counting calories, then I hit a plateau, thats when I found low-carbing it. Since April, but I haven't lost ANYTHING on low-carb because, I'm still adjusting to the "lifestyle' I've eliminated a lot of junk food, but I do go back and forth with eating carbs alot to low carbs and it has got me no where.

But I like low carbing it, because I've eliminated most of my sugars from my diet and I don't want diabetes when I get older, thats why its important I lose this weight.

Did you have a good eating day yesterday?

Why don't both of you ladies first thing in the morning post your weight, everyday, that's what I'm doing.

I'm visually FOCUSED, thanks for being my challenge buddies.

xo Cindy
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:20

BF:

Still At 191. Tryin To Get The Ball Rolling. Ms Ketosis For The Past Two Weeks I Have Been Counting Carbs And Calories And It Seems To Work(up Until Now). This Mornin I Had Half A Bowl Of Cream Of Wheat And For Lunch I Had 2 Slices Of Yummy Bread Some Cheddar Cheese And A Slice Of Torkey Lunch Meat. Personally I Think T.o.m. Is On Its Way. Maybe Thats Why Im Not Losing. Anyway Im Still Going To Be Good So That At The End I Can Have A Big Whoosh!!!! Have A Good And Cheat Free Day.
Jodi
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 15:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/172.5/115 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I wieghed in at 146 this morning. I hadn't weighed in a couple of weeks. I sure hope a pound or two is water weight. I know one thing for sure and that is I need to get really focused on this LCing and stay within the guidlines. So any support you can give will be appreciated and hopefully I can do the same for you.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 15:46

Plan: lo carb
Stats: 200/186.5/140 Female 5foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

All right Iam In I was at 192.5 Sun morning and 192 this morning!!!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 16:24
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hello, may I join? My current weight (as of yesturday) was 157. Glad to be a part of this challenge.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 17:16

BF:

Welcome Michelle and Akasha. Glad you are here. I look forward to seeing your results.

I just want to let everyone know I had an awesome workout tonight, I can't wait to weigh-in tomorrow. This is fun. I had about 40 net carbs today and about 60 total carbs.

Soonslim, is that regular bread you're eating or low-carb bread, because there are some low-carb breads out there they taste just as good as regular. I hope the pounds keep coming off, don't get discouraged, stay focused and it will happen!!

Sprissy: Staying focused is extremely important. I often find that when I want to indulge in "junk" I allow myself a low-carb Hershey bar, or an Atkins Ice Cream Bar, and I feel NO guilt. I also enjoy Hood yogurt as a treat too.

I think I have this way of life down, sure, I will have my McDonald's shakes (super-size) once and awhile, but ya know, I'm liking how I feel on a low carb plan.

I'm wishing everyone of you a successful weigh in tomorrow!!! You just wait, I'm gonna knock your socks off with my weight-loss.

If anyone wants to see what I look like, I have a website. Its:
www.angelfire.com/super/sized

xo Cindy
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 18:01

BF:

hey guys. just came from a 45 min brisk walk w/ my son. usually i do salsa tapes. but my son was tired of being in the house so we went for a walk. hope to be 190 tomorrow. i know TOM is on its way so i might not even see anything below 190 until its gone. ciao
jodi
ps welcome newcomers
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 19:58

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

i would love to join .i think this is what i need to lose . my doc said i need to be at 125-130 ! i am 137 right now . oh yeah i can't post everyday . maybe every other day if i am lucky . i am in high school so it would be hard,with al the work. if you don't want me i understand . happy low carbing
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 20:33

BF:

Of course Meira, you can be a part of this, just let us know what your weight is. Good luck to you!!!

xo Cindy