Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 08:43

Plan: ZC
Stats: 173/172.4/140 Female 5 foot, 6 inches
BF:YES
Progress: 2%
Default I failed MISERABLY!

I am so ready to just break down and cry. I went to Boston for work for 4 days and I blew it. The whole time I was eating and drinking and eating with more drinking. OMG! I gained back 9 lbs and I am back at square one! I feel absolutely MISERABLE.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 08:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/159/186 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 127%

Get right back on the program and start again. The 9 pounds will come back off and you'll feel a lot better. Just think of it as a new start.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 09:05

I definitely had my eggs and bacon this morning, but it is so hard to get motivated again when I am feeling so mad at myself. GRRR
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 09:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/129/120 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Trying/to be/trim
Progress: 89%
Default Its okay!

This is a lifestyle, so you are bound to make mistakes and succumb to temptation every know and then. The best thing you can do is pick yourself up and start over.

Let us know how it goes this week
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 09:22

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less
Progress: 81%

You haven't failed until you don't get back on program and do it all over again--until you are successful according to your own expectations. Spend some time figuring out how to prevent this same thing happening again. As Dr. Phil says, " When you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences!" You always have choices and there will always be consequences. You just have to decide what you really want out of life.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 09:43
Registered Member

Stats: 172/141/128 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

Well this not a sin........I have done it and so have many others, put it behind you and start over. You CAN do it.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 09:43

Thank you all. You are all right. It didn't help that my coworkers were being negative about LC and then the drinking... I definitely chose my consequences and I know that I want to get back on track now. Thank goodness I work from home and don't have to be around the negativity except maybe once or twice a year. I will just take this time to prepare for my next "temptation" at our December meeting.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 09:48

Plan: Low Carb WOE
Stats: 156/135/135 Female 66 inches
BF:28/17%/19%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartSunnyCarol
You haven't failed until you don't get back on program and do it all over again--until you are successful according to your own expectations. Spend some time figuring out how to prevent this same thing happening again. As Dr. Phil says, " When you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences!" You always have choices and there will always be consequences. You just have to decide what you really want out of life.

Well said.

Now, on the gain. Hopefully most of it is water-I'd be surprised if it isn't. Stay low carb for the next few days and really push the water! Maybe take some potassium to help regulate your water retention...

You coworkers will be less negative of low carb when they see your health improve. My coworkers are asking me how this way of eating works, now that I have lost some weight.

Don't beat yourself up. Call it a lesson and dust yourself off. You aren't in a race-take your time and get to know what your triggers are.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 11:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/194/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Your thread post uses the word "failed." NOOOO! You have not failed. You only fail if you totally give up on yourself and the program. You did the right thing. You posted here for support. So you are back at square one. You really aren't. You're really more like square two or three because you already have a wealth of knowledge to get you back on track. Use that to learn and go on from here. It might take a bit, but you will take off those 9 pounds. A lot of it is probably water.

DO NOT give up! You are worth every ounce of effort and care. Keep posting. Put one foot in front of the other and get back on track. You can do this!!!!!! We're here for you.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 12:02

You are right and thank you all so much for your support. I CAN and WILL do this!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 13:33

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

Next time just don't tell them that you are lc'ing. Just eat on plan and tell them, if they ask, that you are allergic to carbs. it's the truth, they make you break out in fat.!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 13:38

Plan: Atkins or M&E
Stats: 271/259/190 Male 71"
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Don't Give Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NalaMom
I am so ready to just break down and cry. I went to Boston for work for 4 days and I blew it. The whole time I was eating and drinking and eating with more drinking. OMG! I gained back 9 lbs and I am back at square one! I feel absolutely MISERABLE.

Don't give up. The thing you have to do is get back in the saddle and quickly. I have found in the past that if I treated such a lapse as a "treat" and went back on induction, the weight came off almost as quickly as it went back on.
In a week I expect you to be back down 9! Hang in there!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 20:59

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthgirl
Don't beat yourself up. Call it a lesson and dust yourself off. You aren't in a race-take your time and get to know what your triggers are.

Well said. What we usually consider as failures are really just learning experiences. Instead of beating yourself up ask yourself what you can learn about yourself and your woe from this experience. freckles
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-09-06, 11:49

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 192/138/125 Female 5 FEET 3 INCHES
BF:I/Don't/Know
Progress: 81%

Don't panic. The gain is most likely water. Unless you consumed 3500 cals/day=1lb. of fat, then it is highly unlikely that is fat. I bet you go back on plan and after 3 days you will be verrry close to where you were. Relax...you are only human...you recognized the mistake, admitted it and now...FORGET IT! No worries.

Take Care
Leanna
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Aug-09-06, 12:28

Stats: 185/171/125 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

In the past i have noticed if you know that you are going to a get together with ample temptations, eat your full and go, that way no food will look tempting. And to avoid comments about Lcing, dont mention it and just tell everyone that you've had an upset stomach and you are just giving it a rest.