Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-08, 15:46

Plan: IF
Stats: 219.3/174.8/147 Female 158cm (5ft 2in)
BF:Too much!
Progress: 62%
Angry 3 weeks on 20g's a day, gained for just 5 days off... annoying!

Hi everyone,

I messed up and I wanted to tell someone, so thought I would log onto the forum. I didn't know where to post this, then I saw the confession booth! perfect .

Ok so, I started low carbing/induction on the 5th November. I weighed myself for the first time in months on 7th November, found out I had gained an extra 2 stone.

Wednesday 19th (so 2 weeks into diet) I was naughty, and on the 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd. So, I fell off track for 5 days. Come Monday 24th I was back on track. I didn't bother weighing myself last Friday (21st) because I was off track. I weighed myself today (28th) and I have gone up 1lb.

So I dunno, but them 5 days off track made me gain 1lb and not lose a thing. So, 16 days on 20g's a day or less and I have lost 5lbs... I am extremely unhappy with that to be totally honest.

I know some people will think, 5 days off track and being naughty and only gaining a lb? that aint bad. Well I feel it is. Surely, eating bad for 5 days cannot make one gain weight!? it's ridiculous. And only losing 5lbs in 3 weeks on induction carbs?... not happy. Basically, I am comparing it with my low carbing last year. I never gained on the scales, I lost weight near enough every week... I may have had a couple of weeks where I stayed the same. So why should it be any different this time .

I just feel there is no hope for me in the future with food. Unless I stay below 20g's a day I will gain. That's hard to accept, surely no one should have to eat below 20g's a day just so they don't gain weight?

I doubt it's to due with my period, because I only finished my last one not even 3 weeks ago.

I have also actually come off the pill to see if I could lose weight better. It seems as though I am doing the opposite. I may as well go back on it...

Last year when low carbing I was eating under 20g's a day and going to the gym 3 or 4 times a week. I lost weight near enough every week, normally more than 2 or 3lbs a week.
Since starting this time, I have only been doing the eating side of it I haven't been exercising. I can't seem to get my butt to the gym because I suffer with depression and I am finding it hard to just go there.

Just feeling sorry for myself and doing my head in as to why I gain weight so easily.
Sponsored Links