Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-10, 23:28
Shrinking Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/236.8/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:ample
Progress: 6%

Lifeisabee thanks for the empathy, from what I hear you are right, it doesn't end you just get used to it. Hopefully we can help each other stick to it. I am so proud of myself, went out to dinner at a really nice restaurant and stuck to my plan. Lobster no butter, steamed vegetables, salad. Yeah for me!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 00:00
Shrinking Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/236.8/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:ample
Progress: 6%

VRD07 welcome and I hope you find the support you need to reach your goals. I lost 75 pounds and I give a lot of credit to this forum for keeping me focused on the goal. That is why I am back looking for help again!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 13:46

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/140 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Thanks guys! I feel welcome already . Judy, I live in midtown! Moved here earlier this year and loving it so far. Anyway, I definitely agree with you that this is so much more a lifestyle change than a diet. That's why I chose SB to be honest... Although I've never been overweight, my eating habits have never been great. I do have one question... On phase 1, I sometimes substitute a sugar free starbucks latte for an afternoon snack. Is this ok? It's 90 calories.

And thank you for the warm welcome, Patty!! I am sure that we can both achieve our goals, there's just no other option but success
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 15:55
Think Pink

Plan: ♥Calorie Counting
Stats: 265/195/175 Female 5' 10"
BF: a few
Progress: 78%

Hey there from New Jersey and welcome!!! I would say use that Starbucks as your 100 cal. sweet treat for the day.....
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 15:57
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrd07
Thanks guys! I feel welcome already . Judy, I live in midtown! Moved here earlier this year and loving it so far. Anyway, I definitely agree with you that this is so much more a lifestyle change than a diet. That's why I chose SB to be honest... Although I've never been overweight, my eating habits have never been great. I do have one question... On phase 1, I sometimes substitute a sugar free starbucks latte for an afternoon snack. Is this ok? It's 90 calories.

The latte is OK but you'll need to count the milk in it to your 2 cup dairy daily totals.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 15:58
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmd
Hey there from New Jersey and welcome!!! I would say use that Starbucks as your 100 cal. sweet treat for the day.....

Hey Gayle,
I actually don't agree with you as she clearly stated that its a sugar free latte, so not a sweet treat at all.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 17:46

Stats: 170/164/140 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Got it, that makes sense. Thanks Judy! I'll just make sure to only have cheese or dairy one other time on days where I go to Starbucks. That was the only thing I've been having that I was questioning.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-10, 07:46
Think Pink

Plan: ♥Calorie Counting
Stats: 265/195/175 Female 5' 10"
BF: a few
Progress: 78%

I guess I was thinking "sugar free" as artificially sweetened. I guess you could use it either way - as a dairy or as a sweet treat if it were ..... depending on what your other food was for the day.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-10, 08:00
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmd
I guess I was thinking "sugar free" as artificially sweetened. I guess you could use it either way - as a dairy or as a sweet treat if it were ..... depending on what your other food was for the day.

Yes, I see where you are coming from.
But being that all 90 calories in it are from milk, thats why I'd count it as a dairy serving.
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Nov-28-10, 21:55

Stats: 182.5/182.5/126 Female 5feet2 inches
BF:
Progress:

gosh, its god to know someone else is this the same state - Patty great job on your aceovemnet so far. i have also gained peri menopauseal weight - 60 pounds in 3-4 years and having a hard time -- look forward to your support