Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-07, 14:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/172/140 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default How do you decide...

if you are in a stall, or if you're at the weight your body intends you to stay? I have been trying to get below 150, and stay there, for months now. On October 2nd I had gotten to 150.4. Since then, I have been as low as 148 and as high as 158. I have had 2 planned cheats during this time. The first one was a major cheat. We were at the Nascar races in Talledega and I guess I thought I was going to die come Monday morning so I ate as if I was eating my last meals. Actually, I ate very little, but to me it seems like a lot of food. Then November 29th I had Chinese food. I ate only the meat and broccoli and tried to stay as legal as possible. The only thing I had that was obviously illegal was one of those little chocolate cakes. What do you think? I know I shouldn't have had the cheats, but I look at this
'diet' as a WOL, not a diet. I should be able to eat an occasional 1" x 1" pc of chocolate cake and not gain 3 lbs. Any help?

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-07, 15:00

Stats: 230/210/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi Lisa,

Congrats on your successful weight loss. I feel weird giving you advice since I am new to the forum and no where near my goals.

I’ve found so many great low carb recipes when I recommitted to Atkins. I found myself getting creative in the kitchen and baking low carb chocolate desserts that I found on this forum. However, some were stalling my weight loss so I had to save them for after induction or OWL.

I don’t think a couple cheats will totally sabotage your success because you seem on top of it. I read somewhere on this forum that when you cheat you lose 3 days. I wish I could give credit to the person who posted it. In other words, don’t beat your self up.

Once again, congratulations.

Teri
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-07, 05:59
Sugar Free & Sober!

Plan: Atkins/maintenance
Stats: 186/155/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdy2rde
if you are in a stall, or if you're at the weight your body intends you to stay? I have been trying to get below 150, and stay there, for months now. On October 2nd I had gotten to 150.4. Since then, I have been as low as 148 and as high as 158. I have had 2 planned cheats during this time. The first one was a major cheat. We were at the Nascar races in Talledega and I guess I thought I was going to die come Monday morning so I ate as if I was eating my last meals. Actually, I ate very little, but to me it seems like a lot of food. Then November 29th I had Chinese food. I ate only the meat and broccoli and tried to stay as legal as possible. The only thing I had that was obviously illegal was one of those little chocolate cakes. What do you think? I know I shouldn't have had the cheats, but I look at this
'diet' as a WOL, not a diet. I should be able to eat an occasional 1" x 1" pc of chocolate cake and not gain 3 lbs. Any help?

Lisa

I think it's up to you. You need to ask yourself if your at the weight you want to be. If you really want to get to your goal weight then you have some decisions to make.
I don't know what your eating on a daily basis but when you get close to goal the weight loss slows and you might need to do some "tweaking" to your food intake.
For me, I had to really watch my over eating. Eat only until satisified.
I don't know if your exercising but if you are, you might want to change things up a bit. If your not, you might want to think about adding some sort of exercise.
If your happy with your weight, just try to maintain it.
As you said, this is a way of life. You do deserve to be able to eat off plan once in a while but if your struggling to get to your goal, I would hold off on those cheats until maintenance.
I have been maintaining since July but rarely eat off plan. I still keep my carbs low. I love to eat and still find myself having trouble at times if I overeat, even low carb foods.
I hope this helps and I wish you luck.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-07, 08:59

Stats: 242/172/140 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:
Progress: 69%

Thanks to ya'll for your responses. I figured I would have some decisions to make. My original goal weight was 160, but I was still huge at that point, so I changed it to 140. I still feel really big so I guess I'm not happy at my present weight. I'll just have to buckle down. Where's that darn magic fairy when you need her

Lisa