Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 14:54
Registered Member

Plan: personal
Stats: 150/137/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Taebo workouts anyone?

Well I just ordered TaeBo II: Get Ripped Advanced Workout, basically from all the hype I heard about the Taebo workouts, and was wondering if anyone has tried them out, and has your result been good?

Last edited by poppyhorse : Sat, Feb-07-04 at 14:56.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 19:55

Plan: Fuhrmann
Stats: 248/229.5/170 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 24%

I do cardio kickboxing (CKB) class about twice a week. If taebo is at all similar, it should be great for you. The CKB builds all four pillars of fitness: cardio, strength, flexibility and co-ordination, and there is an emphasis on building core muscles; all in a 50-75 minute workout. From the commercials, taebo looks similar, so the tapes may be a way to do something similar at home. Personally I like getting out of the house. Actually the martial arts studio I go to is becoming a sort of home away from home.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 21:01
Registered Member

BF:

I would love to take up some sort of martial art myself, I just dont have the dough for it...oh well thats ok, thanks for the advice! good luck with your plan.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 09:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/130.5/132 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:Don't have a clue
Progress: 105%

Hi Poppy, I have been doing tae-bo since it first came out, mostly the Tae-bo Advanced tapes. I absolutely love it. I got off it for a while and started doing other tapes but I always go back to tae-bo. When I first started Atkins Dec 29th I knew that I had to go back to doing tae-bo for my cardio work. I use hand weights with the tape. Not only does it help cardio wise but it really does help with muscle tone. I've noticed that the most improvements are in my hips and thighs and arm definition. I also have the ripped tapes but I have to admit I always go back to the Advanced tapes because it's a little shorter in length than the ripped tapes. I hope you give it a try. I swear I don't work for the company I just absolutely love it and recommend it.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 11:35
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie005
Hi Poppy, I have been doing tae-bo since it first came out, mostly the Tae-bo Advanced tapes. I absolutely love it. I got off it for a while and started doing other tapes but I always go back to tae-bo. When I first started Atkins Dec 29th I knew that I had to go back to doing tae-bo for my cardio work. I use hand weights with the tape. Not only does it help cardio wise but it really does help with muscle tone. I've noticed that the most improvements are in my hips and thighs and arm definition. I also have the ripped tapes but I have to admit I always go back to the Advanced tapes because it's a little shorter in length than the ripped tapes. I hope you give it a try. I swear I don't work for the company I just absolutely love it and recommend it.

Thanks Jackie, your just confirming what I believed was true. I ordered the Taebo through amazon, and I read through pages of people's feedback, and so many people love this workout. I'm hoping to redifine my lower end, thats my problem area, now I'm glad I bought something that will do that for me.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 15:55

Hi Poppy,
Please keep me updated on your experience. I was looking for a taebo forum when I ran across your post. I like to see how other people are doing on it.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,
Stats: 195/170/150 Female 5'8"
BF:way too much!
Progress: 56%

Just bought my first Taebo tapes this weekend and can't wait to get started! I think they are the first ones, but hey, Ya gotta start somewhere! Lol!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 12:25

Way to go Jay. and I agree with you. I use the first ones too. Don't know why but I enjoy them a lot more. You also, keep me updated please.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 21:01
Registered Member

Wink

Well, did my first work out today, and let me tell you....It kicked my butt!! WOW!! I really like how Billy Blanks encourages you. Helps you to keep going even when you think that you can't!! I hope I can do a little more tomorrow. I may be too sore!! Lol!!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 06:44

Work through the pain you can do it. (Sound like Billy don't I?). I'm glad you did it and enjoyed it. I did my tae-bo this morning and I feel tired (cause I woke up at 4:00 to do it) but to me it's all worth it. Enjoy your day ladies.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 08:51
Registered Member

Talking

Thanks Jackie! I will work out again today. You have a good day too!!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 09:43
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Thumbs up

I started doing Tae-Bo years ago and loved it. However, I prefer doing it in a class, so now I do Body Combat at a fitness center, but it's very similar. It's the best workout I've ever encountered. Not only does it work all your muscles, but it's fun too, something I can't say about very many other fitness types. And it makes you feel like a badass.

If you like the tapes, you should get Billy's book "The Tae-Bo Way" too. It's excellent, very inspiring.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 10:06

Thanks Klodomir I will have to give that a looksee.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 21:51
Registered Member

BF:
Default Surely!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie005
Hi Poppy,
Please keep me updated on your experience. I was looking for a taebo forum when I ran across your post. I like to see how other people are doing on it.

Jackie, I will keep you posted...maybe in time we can get up a thread concerning Taebo. Hopefully it wont kill me and just make stronger...and fabulous of course!!!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 05:58

Quote:
Hopefully it wont kill me and just make stronger...and fabulous of course!!!

Girl.... you are stronger and fabulous all ready. Don't ever forget that!!!! I agree with you on the thread it would be nice wouldn't it. I'm sure there are more people doing Taebo other than the ones in this post.