Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-08, 08:49

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

I just got a message from plussizeathletic wear about a sept sale. I've ordered a couple pairs of shorts to wear at the gym from them before.

here's the link to the sept sale if anyone is interested. I copied it from my email message, hope it works for other ppl!
http://www.plussizeathleticwear.com/sept08sale.php
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-08, 12:06

Plan: Akins,
Stats: ---/---/--- Female 66
BF:
Progress:

I am with you all on the tops these days that make us all look pregnant. I have even asked some of the sales people why their buyers think we all want to look like that. I am past that age. Lately I have found a couple of nice ones at Sag Harbour and JC Penny on sale, just plain tops with a short sleeve.
Another one of my pet peeves is these short sleeves that do not reach the elbow area. I don't like that bottom part of my upper arm to show.
Sometimes I will get a nice sleeveless one and then wear a blouse or jacket with it but that only works in the cooler weather.
Just my thoughts.
  #183   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 11:15

Plan: Akins,
Stats: ---/---/--- Female 66
BF:
Progress:

Anyone found any nice new things for the fall and cooler weather we have now?
  #184   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 13:04
Absurdtive

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe
http://www.x-chrom.com/
sports bras with an excellent fitting guide

I was just reading this thread and thinking that I should ask about sports bras when I saw this post. You read my mind. Any other good sites for sports bras out there?

--Melissa
  #185   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 13:14

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by melibsmile
I was just reading this thread and thinking that I should ask about sports bras when I saw this post. You read my mind. Any other good sites for sports bras out there?

--Melissa

I have a great Lunaire sports bra that I absolutely love. Lady Grace is a good catalogue for all kinds of bras. A lot depends on whether you are sub 40 band size or bigger than that. I have also heard Title Nine is a good site for sports bras. Oprah is very into sports bras and might have a feature article somewhere on her website.
  #186   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 13:17

BF:

I gotta admit, I have 1 or 2 sports bras, but for women my size, I really can't wear them out in public, and definitely NOT for sports! But they sure are comfy for a rainy afternoon at home though (like yesterday)
  #187   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 13:59

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFreeMe
I gotta admit, I have 1 or 2 sports bras, but for women my size, I really can't wear them out in public, and definitely NOT for sports! But they sure are comfy for a rainy afternoon at home though (like yesterday)

There are different kinds of sports bras. I wear an underwire sports bra that is very supportive and I wear it to work.
  #188   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 15:21
Absurdtive

Thanks jschwab. FatFreeMe, I wasn't planning on wearing the sports bra by itself--I am nowhere near that point yet....doubt that I will ever see the point. I was going to wear it under a t-shirt like a normal bra. I've never really been able to run due to the flopping issue, so if I could find a good fitting sports bra that might go a long way towards that effort.

As for the band size, I've been a 44 for several years now. I measured my chest last week, and it came out as a 40.5 though--my bras still feel like they fit so I'm not sure what that really means right now. I guess that I will measure again in a few weeks and see what number I get.

--Melissa
  #189   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 15:53

BF:

Quote:
Thanks jschwab. FatFreeMe, I wasn't planning on wearing the sports bra by itself--I am nowhere near that point yet....doubt that I will ever see the point. I was going to wear it under a t-shirt like a normal bra. I've never really been able to run due to the flopping issue, so if I could find a good fitting sports bra that might go a long way towards that effort.

As for the band size, I've been a 44 for several years now. I measured my chest last week, and it came out as a 40.5 though--my bras still feel like they fit so I'm not sure what that really means right now. I guess that I will measure again in a few weeks and see what number I get.

--Melissa

I lost like a million inches in my chest (measured under the arms) before I dropped a size - it sort of happened all at once. You should have a lot of choices with a 40.5 chest - you just need to do the research or go to a department store and try on. Some sports bras are way more motion control than others. Oprah used the Enell bra and many big busted ladies swear by it. It's a little spendy for me to buy while I'm losing weight. I thought I was dropping from a 48D to a 46D when they fitted me at the store, but I was fine with a 42 DDD. Those are a little big now (by the way, I weigh 188, so our bodies are clearly very different).
  #190   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 19:30
Absurdtive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
I lost like a million inches in my chest (measured under the arms) before I dropped a size - it sort of happened all at once. You should have a lot of choices with a 40.5 chest - you just need to do the research or go to a department store and try on. Some sports bras are way more motion control than others. Oprah used the Enell bra and many big busted ladies swear by it. It's a little spendy for me to buy while I'm losing weight. I thought I was dropping from a 48D to a 46D when they fitted me at the store, but I was fine with a 42 DDD. Those are a little big now (by the way, I weigh 188, so our bodies are clearly very different).

Ahh. I was measuring my chest under my breasts while wearing a bra and got 40.5. If I measure using your method of measuring right under the arms, then I get 44. I guess that's why my 44DD bras all still fit. I am definitely looking forward to my ribcage shrinking and not having the barrel chest of an offensive lineman. how long did it take before your chest started shrinking?

--Melissa
  #191   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 19:42

BF:

Quote:
I was going to wear it under a t-shirt like a normal bra.
Oh yeah, Melissa, this is how I wear mine too! I'd never wear one alone. I just meant I have never found one that gives enough support to actually wear instead of my normal bra. But I find them ok to wear around the house (under my shirt, fer sure!)

Do you girls find with bras its all in the fit? I can buy one brand in one size and another brand will be diff size or diff cup. I could never just go pick one up. Well, actually I found one i like and I just keep buying the same one now. I liked that last year, I was down about 25-30 pounds and was thinking it was time to go shopping for a smaller one. I can't wait till that stage again
  #192   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 22:00

BF:

Quote:
Ahh. I was measuring my chest under my breasts while wearing a bra and got 40.5. If I measure using your method of measuring right under the arms, then I get 44. I guess that's why my 44DD bras all still fit. I am definitely looking forward to my ribcage shrinking and not having the barrel chest of an offensive lineman. how long did it take before your chest started shrinking?

--Melissa

Yes, that definitely is the reason - I made that same mistake for years. My ribcage moved alot faster than my bust or my chest - It's about 38 inches now. While it's shrinking it hurts, actually. I don't like the phenomenon at all, although I am hpoing it means all that visceral fat is going away. I think you could find a supportive enough sports bra. Supportive sprts bras look like regular bras, not those flimsy little bralets.
  #193   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-08, 00:06
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

So, like I have this friend, see, and she has this problem. Yeah. And so when she bends over, there's this popping out thing going on and it really bugs her. So if any of you happen to have any suggestions, I sure would---I mean SHE sure would appreciate advice.

There was a link here a few years back for a bra made down under which was supposed to be the most comfortable bra in the world, but they're not there anymore. Though probably with the exchange rate being what it is, they would cost $300US. I suppose we could send Clunk looking for it, but the scary thing is he'd probably oblige us . . .

A bra! A bra! My kingdom for a bra!
  #194   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-08, 00:18
Absurdtive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen24
So, like I have this friend, see, and she has this problem. Yeah. And so when she bends over, there's this popping out thing going on and it really bugs her. So if any of you happen to have any suggestions, I sure would---I mean SHE sure would appreciate advice.

So, what bra size is your "friend"? :wink:

--Melissa
  #195   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-08, 08:19
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Mmm. . . she's wearing a 38DD, but it may not fit her anymore--but that's the size she has. The logical advice here would be to suggest she go to a good fitter, but I wandered around Walmart--she did, that is, for hours asking people if they worked here and no one did, except the greeters . . .