Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-01, 18:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/139/125
BF:
Progress:
Default Introducing....Me!

Hi all!

Found this site a few days ago and I love it! Everyone seems so supportive and nice. And I have tons of questions so I thought I should introduce myself before posting like a fiend.

I'm a 26 year old mom, wife and full time college student. I need to lose 15-25 lbs, depending on which height/weight table ya use. I like long walks on the beach, watching the stars and...oh wait...sorry....I finished induction today and am down 7lbs. Hooray!

I'd love a pen pal and any advice anyone has on breakfast food (besides eggs) - the eternal question, right? - and how to fit a modest exercise program into a too-busy life.

Danielle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 02:06
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum Danielle!

7 lbs. down is great for induction!

A way to get out of the breakfast paradigm is think of the first meal of the day as a free for all. You can eat anything you want to eat. I often have a salad for breakfest or leftovers with a few vegetables.

I'm no excercise expert, but walking at a fast pace is a good place to start. A lot of people here seem to enjoy Oxycising.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 05:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default foods

I find that I get so many ideas just from reading here what other folks are eating. Just from something they have written in their journals or from recipes....it may not be something I make exactly but it twigs an idea.

I eat many different things for breakfast...usually on the weekends we have our "big" breakfasts (eggs...bacon), sometimes I have lowcarb muffins, low carb bread (for a sandwich), and sometimes like Karen says a salad. Usually week days I have a "carry type" breakfast as I usually eat it at the office,( as I like to arrive at work an hour or so before everyone else, and then I get lots of work accomplished early). Some times I also have flax seed cereal (at home!) which I never thought I'd like, but it's really good!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 06:01

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default Re: Introducing....Me!

Quote:
Originally posted by deluxe
Hi all!

I'd love a pen pal and any advice anyone has on breakfast food (besides eggs) - the eternal question, right? - and how to fit a modest exercise program into a too-busy life.

Danielle

Danielle-
Be sure to check out the Exercise Forum. There are a lot of helpful hints on how to fit exercise into a busy schedule!

Good luck to you!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 18:17

BF:
Progress:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Karen
[B]
A way to get out of the breakfast paradigm is think of the first meal of the day as a free for all.

This gives me a great mental picture- lettuce flying, the blender whirring, and the Swedish Chef singing somewhere in the background. I seem to need a concentrated protein/fat meal in the AM that's also on the small side. Eggs fit that bill nicely and, as I discovered yesterday, cottage cheese! Vive la choice!

Thanks for the warm welcome and the helpful advice, Karen! Danielle

Last edited by deluxe : Wed, Aug-15-01 at 18:26.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 18:21

BF:
Progress:
Default Re: foods

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharon
[.

I eat many different things for breakfast I have lowcarb muffins, low carb bread (for a sandwich), and sometimes like Karen says a salad. Some times I also have flax seed cereal (at home!) which I never thought I'd like, but it's really good!! [/B]

Yum! Low carb bread and muffins. Do you use any of the commercial mixes or do you have recipes? These would be great for me during the week. It's a hassle to get dh, ds and me all out the door every day. Guess I should wander over to the recipe forum and browse....

What's flax cereal, praytell? I miss the bowlful of crunchy milky goodness in the morn so I'm dying to know!

Danielle
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 20:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Flax Seed Cereal

Check out this post, it gives lots of good information about making flax seed cereal.

http://www.lowcarber.org/forum/show...=&threadid=6638

I have several favourite muffin recipes: (Check the recipe section above in the red column).

Pumpkin Muffins...Applesauce Muffins
and Kay's Final Bread

There are several recipes I haven't tried from the recipe section, but I'm sure if you look them over you'll find some you like.