Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-01, 20:25

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 225/212/145
BF:
Progress: 16%
Question newbie

Hi all,

I have been lurking & reading and decided what great support you show one anther. Ever since I was pregnant with my twins I have been an insulin dependent diabetic and want to go on the atkins diet. I have done it off and on for the last 20 yrs but the dr and nutritionist I am seeing don't agree with cutting out all carbs or low cabs. Following the diabetic diet is hard for me. I am addicted to carbs. I am just lowering the carbs for now. Any ideas?

thanks all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-01, 08:48

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 228/228/140
BF:
Progress:
Wink Good morning!!

I am new also, amd I am doing the Aktins Diet. Today is my 2nd day, and I am feel okay. Well good luck and it you need anything we are here for you. Michelle lowercarbgirl
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-01, 09:00
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the board Diannah!

The only advice I can give to you is to do it! Follow the Atkins induction for 10 days and see what happens. Another good book to read is Protein Power.

Almost everyone who chooses a low carb way of eating is a carb-addict. Some people stick with it, others go off and come back, go off and come back, but everytime they come back, they are more determined to succeed. But you will find it easier in the long run to stick with it.

Looking forward to hearing of your progress.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-01, 14:04

BF:
Progress:
Default I just wanted to see how you are doing today!!

How is it going? Are you getting tired or sleepy yet. Well this is my 2nd day and I am not. Anyway I how that this diet work for me because I really need to lose some weight. I have 90 pounds and will do anything to get this weight off. Well I hope that you have a nice day and I will talk to you tomorrow.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-01, 20:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Diabetes/Insulin

If you haven't read the section on Diabetes/Insulin I would suggest reading everything there.

There are some great articles and information which you might also find helpful.

Good luck, let us know how you're doing.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-01, 14:00

BF:
Progress:
Default I hope that you are still doing great!!

How are you doing? I am on my 4th day, and I think that the weight is coming off. I am working my bottom off tho. One hour of hard speed walking in the morning, sit ups and writting down everything down that I eat. Well it is nice emailing you because you are newer then me, and because you to are a mother that gained weight from having a baby! MIchelle
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-01, 19:50

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 225/212/145
BF:
Progress: 16%

Michelle, I think I am doing great too. I feel less tired lately. I just do a lot of chasing babies (twin boys 22 mo) and my walking. I am going to add tae bo beginning of next wk. My girlfriend swears by it. I want to help tighten those belly muscels from the pregnancy. Thanks for the encouragement. It is hard to watch those carbs with so many in the house who love them. Esp my teenagers. lol