Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1711   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 08:09

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz...loved your pics! So nice that you've met some new people. I know the social side of life can really derail you. I'm the Queen of social backsliding!

So far, just cloudy and cool here. Hoping we don't have rain during the tournament...not fun. I ran an errand and just made my breakfast. In about an hour, I'll start getting ready for the golf course. Keep hoping the sun will pop out.

Trig...hope you've gotten caught up on your work. It's one thing after another around the house, isn't it?

Nic...how did the mowing go? I let DH handle all the outside stuff. He was trimming some shrubbery and planting some flowers this morning.

Blue...enjoy your week. I can't imagine writing a book...impressive! Our head trainer at boot camp just wrote a book and is in the process of getting it published. I think it's more about his motivational speaking than physical training, but not sure. It is called "Born Gifted".

I've had to adjust my golf outfit due to the chilly weather. I'll save the little navy skirt for the tournament on Memorial Day as the weather is supposed to be much warmer.

Enjoying a final cup of coffee for the morning. Hope you all have a fabulous Sunday.
Sponsored Links
  #1712   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 19:00

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

hi all,

Jazz---LOVED the pix! So many pretty ones. You have the BEST HAIR! Complete w/that fetching widow's peak. Beautiful eyes too. You are very photogenic. If you do get back on some site, I liked the top one of the last batch for that kind of thing. The moody one w/the interesting lighting was very cool, but maybe not the right pix for a dating site.

I second Nic, not to worry about the nachos. Sounds like the cheese that got your tummy. Really not a hog wilder at all, and you will deflate by at least mid week.

Lori---Yep, nice numbers on your blood work! You'll knock off those vacation pounds soon, between boot camp, walking, golfing and of course, staying on plan for awhile.

Nic---Haha, I'm more the "heathen" type too. Good to hear the prom went well, good time had by all, and home safe and sound.

I too love those nights out w/the girls, the ladies who make us laugh and cry and are our witnesses that know our families and our lives. There's nothing like being in the company of those who allow us to be us, whatever that is, because they decided a long time ago they loved us no matter what.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a whirlwind weekend. I had tons of errands to do yesterday, then home for just long enough to get ready to go to a dinner party...where I sure went SPLAT on the woe. Dinner was Lasagna, garlic bread and a salad w/a dressing that didn't taste good to me. SO, when in Rome. I had the Lasagna and the bread. Not big portion, 2 pieces of bread. Not horrible.

But then today was my niece's wedding shower. Delicious spread, some but not a lot of LC options. So again I just went w/it, and today I ate more of all of it than I should of.

It's like my LC spine just tuned to silly putty this weekend. I had so wanted to save this for next weekend on our short trip, but it's done now. This is the most treats back to back I've done in a looooooooong time, while not on vacation.

And if I'm honest, which is why I'm here, to type it out, opportunity met a spot when I was in a discouraged, bored place w/my woe again. SIGH. Didn't realize I was there, but felt it at both social occassions. That foot hits banana peel thing. That what the heck thing. That I'm tired of saying no thing.

SIGH. And another SIGH. It's a never ending challenge. One good thing, or at least a warning thing. One of my best pal's ever has put on A LOT of weight. And even though I see her often, it struck me last night that she has put on even more weight. She was not wearing something that flattered.

She is so pretty and I hate to see this for her, although I never say anything and won't unless she brings it up with me. She doesn't, except to say she needs to lose a few pounds. I'd say about 25 lbs, not "a few." And it reminded me how easily that denial happens, and I've been thinking about it a lot tonight.

For me, I hid how heavy I'd gotten from myself w/clothes I thought covered it up. Took seeing a particularly bad pix of myself at a family gathering to wake me up. I finally had to say to myself, "you're not just a little overweight, you are w-w-w-w-w-w-ay overweight. And I started my woe w/in days of seeing that pix.

I REALLY don't want to repeat that experience. But I am tonight humbled by how fast I could slip down that rabbit hole again. You'd think after over 4 years of LC I would have less taste for it, or at least be all about small portions when faced w/no other choices. But, I am not. When I start eating that stuff, I want to keep eating it. Saw that today the small wall that held me back from eating too much last night had broken down.

So, scared myself a bit this weekend, and that's a good thing. I don't want to go back there. I will not go back there. NO. I will get up tomorrow and snap back on plan. 4 days till we leave for vacation, and they are going to be 4 excellent days on the woe, complete with LOTS AND LOTS of water.
  #1713   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 04:30

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Monday Morning Ladies!

Blue- Loved your honesty in your post. I think we all live in a denial state until we get real honest. That slippery slope is a very real thing. I bet your friend KNOWS she has gained a a "few". Like you how easy would it be for me to be a 400 pound person. I get it.
That I am tired of always saying NO thing did me in Sat.
You are right - by mid week I should be back to square. But think even about that.

One meal- in an hour= days to get back to flat belly, minus bloat.
I feel ya my friend! But I am that "friend". I hate it when I have to see someone I haven't seen for a minute. I see it in their eyes too!

OMG- "she WAS so thin. WTF happened to her?"- I have had to explain.........
FOR ME- I never want to be here again - EVER. I want to get if off and be like Leeann- an awesome maintainer.
I get what it is like to be fat= thin= and back to big again. URGHhhh
Sorry Blue- your post really got me. OK- back to you!

Where are you going this weekend? Share Share Share!!!!! DETAILS!!

LORI- Where are ya? The cat finally letting you sleep? You are usually the first poster! Then TRIG and I are generally cross posting. Did you get that golf game in? There will be plenty of time to get that cute skirt in!

Trig- are you still crazy busy? Missing you posting! We all have those times though - as BLUE calls it Ebb and Flow. You must be in life flow! Good for you.

Leeann- Sounds like you had a SUPER weekend! Yet another memory you are making for your family. Yea I get the want to stay home on Sunday morning rather than go to church. But in this spot in my life I would only go for social reasons. I think it's great though that your DS15 wants to go. He sure could be doing worse things.

Do you have holiday weekend plans? After all your stuff- a family time might be a super thing. But kids are very social- so it doesn't work that way often.
-----------------------------------------------
All-
Does anybody know what happened to KMOM? Concerned about her.

So ya I had fun playing with pics. Leeann ask to "see me"- so there ya have it. Love the feed back for the dating sites- but I am not ready to get back to that yet.

I am on the count down to my beach time! 3 weeks! The only thing is I can't take my Bella. First I don't think she would do well on a 6 hour drive anymore. She hates the beach- and I hate to admit, she is not the pup she used to be. She is pretty set in her ways and getting older. But I will miss her big. She will stay with my mom. At least she knows her space there. I never board her.

I have a SUPER busy day. My boss conveniently took off for the next 3 days. We have a new gal starting today- and we are 4 people down. I am wearing 3 hats. Yes I am rather salty that I am working harder than my boss. I have no respect for someone that won't pitch in.
My staff - see's me working hard to fill those gaps. They also see that she sits in her office on her personal cell phone texting. Or not present at all.

I am working on dealing with it. I know that nothing lasts forever. I am hopeful that we can get back to fully staffed- and back into the flow. My boss is also thinking about retiring within the year.

Yea I COULD look for another job. But after being without a job for a minute, I would rather wait it out. There is NO perfect job out there. I am paying my bills, and feel secure in my position. The political crap is everywhere. So I just need to find a balance. that is a key work- BALANCE! Your word Leeann!

Ok all have a WONDERFUL day
  #1714   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 05:20

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz there is no perfect job, that is SO true just hold on and pull in the good money and remember, you are only 1 person and do your best but don't be killing yourself either that fine line ya know!

Best Bella stays with your Mom...that is great situation for her.

Blue........WOW, I HEAR YA LOUD AND CLEAR. It is a fight. No joke. Not one can say it is 'easy' in any way. Only thing you can do is hang on and keep repeating the reason you are doing ALL this and it is good reasons ya know and you must believe in them!! Good wake up call for ya. I been there, I sure as heck know!!

HI ALL
open pool today between rain drops. like 4 days of rain around but bit sunny now so gonna drag hubby out in a bit and get it uncovered and work on it.

still have a few rv things to handle

have work to catch up on

getting ducks in a row.

OMG the 'new replacement' phone for kiddo is crap. So that is going back and another coming. EACH time I call Verizon those calls are like over an hour each time. drives me nuts. so much time wasted over this phone thing...omg! have to mail back this one today

ALL going well. Got cheeseburgers for brunch time and got nice sirloin steak for grill tonight. YUM

wonderful day all!
  #1715   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 07:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Blue, hugs and hugs. Great post from you and you are brave to write it. Consider it a one-off 5:2 and you are back on track, maybe? Either way, I know you are back on strong and don't doubt it for one minute.

Jaz- You are dealing with your boss far better than I would. The resentment would be eating me up. I would want to punch her in the throat. You are doing a great job. Glad your Mom will be watching Bella too!

Trig- Hopefully you are starting to get on top of everything now from your trip away. Did you get the pool open successfully? We are STILL trying to get the water levels under control.

•••••••

Lots of laundry going on today- like five loads. Never ending!
I need to make a run to Costco this morning. Among the usual things I will be purchasing a new DSLR. Mine gave up the ghost after being a lovely "fourth child" for about ten years. I watched a video and with my DH's help I 'fixed' it for Prom pictures, and it lasted through about 15 before failing again. I will keep it and possibly get it fixed as a back up camera but there are many important events coming up and I need a good quality camera on tap. One quality DLSR every 10 years isn't bad.

Today is DS18's last day of high school. Oh my word, I am already emotional and tearful. It is ridiculous. This afternoon is an awards ceremony and I know he is getting something, but I don't know what.

On the recommendation of a message board, I bought a book called something like "Acing the Public University" or something to that effect. It is essentially a guidebook for sort of planning your time so that you get the most out of it and still graduate on time. Dunno. Anyway, it came this weekend and I set it out for him, figuring he might look at it this summer some time. Well, he called me while I was with DD22 for lunch and said he wanted to show me something when I got home. He showed me a typed out, multi page, four year plan for college. OMG. I do not understand this child. I respect the hell out of him and admire him so much but he is definitely his father's son in this regard! Very goal oriented and driven. I told him it was awesome (and it is) but it also made me want to go have a drink.

My lunch meeting on Sunday with DD went very well. I think meeting every couple of weeks like this would be a great way to approach planning the wedding. We set a budget and she and F have chosen 6 places for possible venues. They meet with the pastor in June and will also set up visit dates for the six places in June. They are mostly moved into their new rented townhouse now - they did it all without help from us. We would have been glad to help but applaud their growing independence.

Getting DS15 signed up for drum lessons at his request today. (What? I can't hear you! lol)

Life goes fast and I am for sure feeling it today!
  #1716   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 07:37

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi all!

Feel like crap. Was in hospital for five days. Will explain more later. Now I think I am having reactions to meds. Nausea most of the days and a sadness I have never felt before. Also severe back/abdominal pain for six hours the other night.

Just wanted to let you know I am hanging in there. I might try to read some posts later. I have not had any emotional energy for that up to now.

Thinking of all of you. Can't wait to be back among the mix. With my people.

K-Mom 10x3
Weight is stable. Lost a couple during the month in Hawaii. That month was great. Swam and walked every day. Then came home and BAM! Go real sick.
  #1717   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 08:31

BF:

Good Morning!

KMom! So glad to hear from you, but sorry to hear that you've been so sick. I hope the Dr can figure out what's going on and get you to feeling much better soon.

Nic...you have SO much going on in your life! Your son sounds awesome and organized for college. Drum lessons? OY! Do you have some earplugs handy?

Blue...thanks for your thought provoking post. You put so eloquently into words everything that we all have experienced numerous times. I hope your upcoming weekend is fabulous.

Trig....how did the pool uncovering go? Sounds like a huge job. What a pain to have to send the phone back. Hope you can get that issue resolved. I know that calling them on the phone and trying to get help can be a nightmare.

Jaz...I think you are amazing at dealing with the difficult situation at your job. I hope they realize what a prize they have in you. Hope the new hire works out and that the others step up and ease some of your stress. Do your best and make it enough. Only 3 weeks until your beach trip? I can't wait to hear all about it when you return. Keep your eye on the prize when things at work start to weigh you down.

Rough boot camp workout this morning. One of my friends wants to walk 5 miles tonight when she gets thru work. It is all weather dependent. The whole week is looking crappy with cool temps and showers off and on. I'm beginning to think we will never get more than a day or 2 in a row of nice weather. This Spring has been lousy.

I had a miserable day on the golf course yesterday. It was cloudy and cool...downright cold until we were finished. I played horribly and the "dinner" they provided was dismal at best. I was able to stay LC, but blech. I got home around 7 and crawled under a blanket to finally get warm. I went to bed at 8:30 and fell right to sleep. It was a day to forget.

I did some laundry today and have an errand to run later. Not feeling like doing too much. Supposed to play golf again tomorrow morning and they say the sun may actually peep out for a minute!

Hope you all had a great Monday!
  #1718   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 15:50

BF:

Ladies- Oh oh oh the stuff on here!

I don't know where to start. So I guess in order read.

TRIG- YEAH- the POOL is open!!!!! Raindrops or not. It means the beginning of long and wonderful days floating in the pool! So happy for you.
SADFACE- URGH...... Phone issues.... Omg I hate when electronic stuff doesn't work. Or anything for that matter...... i.e. AC unit.... then ya spend hours getting something corrected.
Hoping you get your stuff squared.
Cheese burger and steak- how can you go wrong???????

Leeann- I my I heard your mixed mom emotions with the DS18. Yes we give them wings and hopefully they fly well. Sounds like right now you are 2/3. The DS15- well also do well when his time comes! No doubt about it! WELL DONE!
What is the DS18 going to do job wise? Or was he the one going on a trip?
DD- to be married- I just CAN'T wait to start this process with you! Especially the dress shopping!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

KMOM- - SO sorry to hear you were in hospital. OMG- I hope they find out real soon and you can resolve whatever is going on. Please take care and write when you can.

Lori- sorry you had a crappy golf day. weather suppose to be crappy next few days. Bootcamp maybe to fill in gaps? AWESOME job on staying LC!

BLUE- so was the wedding you went to last weekend the one you bought that outfit for? If so that went fast!!!!!
Hope you had an awesome day and go right back up on plan!
---------------------------------------
All-
So today was the day I have had the most going on than any other day since I have been there. I am still training the RN- then a brand new gal started today- I had to get her started. Then I needed to finish scheduling for the NP's, prep for a meeting first thing in the morning, take out the new gal for such and another scheduler, and - the list goes on........

Ask how my day was? Ok thanks for asking HEHEHEHHE- AWESOME. WHY you ask? Because my boss was not there and the circus wasn't there. Just organized and flowing. MINUS stress. Everyone had a great day. I could hear laughter and see smiles- it was really nice. We were all so busy- but without the drama. It was SO obvious. SIGHHHHHHHHHH She will be back Wen.
So tomorrow will be great too.

I am slowly losing those nacho's-
OMG I need to share........ So I stumbled across Birdseye "riced cauliflower and peas and carrots" 5-6 carbs- but it SO tasted like the real deal rice. I topped it with Aminos and seamae oil and red pepper flakes.
Cod on the side- only meal of day- so under 8- had big spoonful.
I like it better than the TJ brand- Look for it - so good.

Ok- I was hoping for walk- but raining like mad. I might put on some dance music and dance with Bella- she likes it when I pick her up and dance. 30 pounds of weight!!!!!!!

Ok all-
have awesome evening
  #1719   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 22:29

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

LATE Monday night. I had a much busier than anticipated Monday, for many reasons. So much so that I took a late afternoon nap, and woke up in the early evening. And NOW, of course, I can't sleep. And, I'm antsy. So I put down my book and crawled out of bed and came here.

K-mom---Oh my gosh, I'm SO happy to hear from you. And, SO SORRY for what you've been going thru. Are you still in the hospital? Couldn't quite tell from your post. I just knew something was really wrong.

Sending you healing vibes, and wanting for you that you just give up on all the other responsibilities I know you feel, and are just concentrating on taking care of yourself. AND, I sure do hope that the family you give so much to, is there for you now.

Check in again when you're able, if only to let us know you're getting along, if only just one sentence. We/I worry about you.

Trigger---Hope you know now how much I loved everything you said to me in your e. It was SO helpful.

Nic---Had to laugh at your son's detailed plan to get thru college. But of course, this is what makes him tick so well. He knows who he is, and how to run with that. What a gift for him.

Lori---LOL, I didn't think there was any such thing as a "miserable day" golfing for you. You have such passion and commitment to this sport. I admit it was kind of a relief to hear it isn't always fun. Was starting to think I was really missing something.

Jaz---What I hear from you about work is that you have a gift for being a no drama mama. One your boss does not share. Hang in there doing what you do so well. Sounds to me like your boss is not long for the game. And it is a bit of a gift that she allows you so much power, even if it's more work for you. Better that than an uber controller. Trust me on that.

Oh, and NO, it was not my niece's wedding, but rather her wedding shower. Her wedding isn't till the end of July, so fun outfit is just happily awaiting the day on their hangers. Still love what I chose, can't wait to wear it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SNAP. Back on plan today. And a really good day on plan. Lots of water, and no more than 10 to 15 carbs.

Thanks to all of you who put the wind under my wings again after my last post, and special thanx to my oldest pal here, Trig, who knows me so well when it comes to our woes. We've just been plodding along together for what seems like forever.

I have more to say about all of this, but all of a sudden, I'm sleepy. Have learned to not fight it when I can't sleep. Just get up and try to do a thing or two, and the sandman will catch up with you.
  #1720   ^
Old Tue, May-23-17, 02:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Well, the little vacation gain is gone and now to chip away at what's been hanging around for a LONG time. Not stressing, just doing what I do.

Went for a 3.5 mile walk on the rail trail with a friend last evening. It was a good walk. I think we'll do it again on Wednesday evening. Today I'm having a leisurely morning before heading to the golf course around 9. Hope the fun returns today. At least the weather is looking a bit better than Sunday. Mid 70's and sunny will feel great. Oops...just checked the weather....cloudy & 73...so much for sun!

I have to figure out something to make for DH for dinner. I haven't gotten back in the groove of cooking since I returned from vacation. All things considered, I'd rather be worrying about what to order from the menu instead of planning and cooking at home! Spoiled!

Have a good day everyone!
  #1721   ^
Old Tue, May-23-17, 03:59

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, I love how ya mentioned the kids growing independence! THAT is when ya know you did it right They function and move forward in good fashion on their own. You can sit back and smirk to yourself knowing you did great in raising them into young adults!!

My pool sucks Nah, just a pain. Cover ripped to shreds. Gotta get new one this year, dry sun rot as usual in the South. Nothing lasts out in this sun for very long. Dirty, gonna get water sample off today for testing. Then the work of clean clean clean but I know the drill be nice to get in it soon tho!

KM, WOW, so sorry to hear you had to go into hospital! Happy you are on the mend and hope everything comes around good for you! Be sure to pop back, don't stay away too long! We want to know all is ok with ya

Lori, your weather suks as bad as mine It just isn't a 'great spring'. We got rainy for like 4 days. Woke up to rain again...BOO. Enjoy your cloudy and 73 girl!!! I hear ya on cooking Lori. I am getting to where I hate cooking so much How many years have we cooked? Us gals? WAY TOO LONG!

Jaz, is Bella 30 lbs...OH I thought she was a smaller dog like mine. Mine was almost 12 lbs at last vet visit Dancing 30 lbs around is hard HAHA
Your trip is coming fast now, bet ya can't wait to get away I get cabin fever easily and heck I am excited for ya also! I got until June 18 before beach trip, seems SO long away but next thing ya know, here it is...time sure does fly!

Blue, you will put yourself back into a great space!! That is what we lc'ers do ya know I hear ya on sleepy. I am not sleeping great at all. Go to bed way to late each night and get up around 5:30 with kiddo's alarm for school. Told hubby I hate going back to school

HI ALL
run here and there and dragging hubby along.

new ladder came in mail. between raindrops I hope he can get it together. taking old one to dump today. off to get water analyzed. have to buy new cap for sand filter.

then off to UPS to return that stupid other phone. meant to get that done yesterday but I did not waiting on new phone to come and this all be over.

food, hmm, I might go crazy cause hubb LOVES this japanese place where ya can get steak hibachi. hibachi is the soy sauce salt thing I love but try to avoid, but I think today I might just do it. So what I bloat like a maniac well we will see if I am hungry or not after running around.....might opt to have bacon cheese omelet out for breakfast instead to avoid the salt lick at the other place. Yea, might draw hubby into breakie vs. lunchy OK I talked myself into it. breakfast first with hubby out and then hit all the places we need to hit today. Ok that worked out in my favor HAHA

great day all
  #1722   ^
Old Tue, May-23-17, 04:18

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!!!! (CROSS POSTING WITH TRIG!!!!!)

I love we post at such different times. sorta like a gift throughout the day.

We are under a flood watch, and it's raining like mad here. I don't mind because it's warm.

SOOOOOOOOO I need your help. What turned into a funny thing - has now bloomed into a full blown party at my 2 bedroom. So I was speaking with my mom about a 2 weeks ago when she inquired to "what can I bring?"
I said for what? - When the kids come. OHHHHHH They are coming?

So I finally nailed down that indeed my kids are coming for the day. And my mom and her husband. Then my son said last night he wanted to surprise my DD and drive down for the weekend too. I was like oh- then we should just invite your cousin- you haven't seen her for a minute. Well I called her- she and her dog are coming.

Funny thing - EVERYONE is coming. I will have 8 people and 3 dogs in a SMALL 2 bedroom apt. OMG! OK now what?????

DD- does not want pork- cousin eats anything, son eats only fish and chicken.
I don't know what to make. I AM NOT going off the rails. But I need to put out SOMETHING. I also need to make it the day before. I am not spending my day in the kitchen. SUGGESTIONS??????

We will eat lunch- then my mom will leave- and then we will head to the pool. It will be both my kids , grandbaby, and cousin. My cousin is 30- same age as my kids. They love her.

So I am happy I actually have furniture for everyone to sit in. But 3 dogs? OMG.

No sleep for me- A happy kind of excited. I don't think the kids will care my space is small- they are kids. My mom's husband won't like all the chaos and noice. Oh well.

So what should I make ladies? So I was thinking a veggie tray, Pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches, pasta salad, cheese tray, and shrimp tray. Chips, and hummus- for the carb eaters. Hummmmm I think I just put together my menu!

Pasta salad does nothing for me- I can eat the chicken, and shrimp.

Ok- this post was all about me. I just needed to type out my thoughts.

ok all- I will do personals next post.

Have awesome day- need to take my rain gear with me -
  #1723   ^
Old Tue, May-23-17, 06:55

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

KMOM so good to hear from you and so sorry that you have had such troubles. I am seriously worried about you. Do you have people who are able to help you or check in on you? I wish I lived closer so I could offer to help in some way.
Take care of you, rest, and know we care about you a great deal.

Lori- Isn't this cool and cloudy/rainy weather a bummer? It has not been the best of springs. One super hot blast and otherwise quite dreary. Good job on getting those pounds back off so quickly!

Jaz- Definitely sounds like things are better with the boss out of the house. Kind of a shame that she adds negativity vs being an asset but I guess like Blue said, better that than all up in your business, probably.

How wonderful that you have your family coming! My first thought was some kind of nacho/taco bar where people can make up their own based on what they like and what they eat. Well actually my first FIRST though was pulled pork but pulled chicken would do the trick as well!

Blue- knew you would get back on plan in a second and you did indeed. Well done, chick!

Trig- Good luck getting the water and such set up for the pool and enjoy your breakfast omelet! Sounds yummy!

•••••••

Jaz, you asked what DS18 will be doing this summer- my friend owns a "pet resort" and DS worked there last year along with his internships. He will be doing that again. They pay well and it is kind of fun. Low stress!

First day of no school for the older boy so he is up in bed and asleep. I drove in second boy and we will be doing this for the remainder of this school year and next as well. We'll see how that goes! Who will be in the front seat each day, Jekyll or Hyde?

Have a CASA home visit today. Little one is pretty certainly speech delayed at this juncture but we are collaborating and on top of it.

Gray gray and more gray outside. Sigh. I need a sunny day soon, please, preferably for the pool party this weekend!

Oh! Almost forgot! Senior award ceremony yesterday: DS18 got the History Department award and then a surprise (to all of us): A 1000$ scholarship from the Fine Arts Department for Drama! I cried. I didn't even know such a thing existed. He has been in six shows over his seven years there. What a wonderful gift to him.
  #1724   ^
Old Tue, May-23-17, 16:56

BF:

Good Evening!

YAY! The fun returned at the golf course today. Played well and walked 6.5 miles to boot! Good day!

Jaz...I think your menu for the weekend sounds awesome. Nice that you have the pool to take everyone to in the afternoon. Have fun!

Trig...pools are nice, but a lot of work and $$$. My sister used to spend so much money on chemicals...WOW! Hope your breakfast was yummy & that you got all your errands done.

Nic...a pet resort?! Where can I get a job like that? It sounds like a great place to work.

Blue..how was your day? You have a fun weekend coming up, right?

Hubby has a meeting tonight, so I'm on my own here. Imagine I get to watch whatever I want on TV!

"See" you in the morning!
  #1725   ^
Old Tue, May-23-17, 17:13

BF:

Leeann- A PET RESORT!!!! What fun!!!!! Awesome! OMG and 1000.00 for being an awesome kid/man! I know you are one proud momma! So happy to hear things are going well.
Love we are both doing a pool party this weekend. Fingers crossed the weather nice.
What is fun- DS/ has not told DD he is coming from Ohio as a surprise to her! They really are best friends

Blue- I am on Friday time already! - I have checked out for this week- what about you? HAHAHAHAHA We all have those weeks.

Trig- Dam I would love a CHEESE burger!!!!!! Enjoy. Are you doing anything this weekend?

Blue- again- Stream of though and writing- so good for you to SNAP back on it. People like us HAVE to do that- WTG!!!!!!

Lori- I KNOW you got rain your way. Sorry bout that- blame it on TRIG- she closer!

Mom- my dear......... come back soon.
---------------------------------
I felt so good today- just handled stuff, and laughed, and played, and was productive. I love it when the circus not there. I have to admit that. WE all had fun and worked. It should be that way. I will leave it at that- I talk too much about work here.
It does however dominate me right now- I NEED to learn to leave it at the door.

Learning how to do that.
I had the BEST chicken grill tonight. Used my little cast iron grill pan - BUT I smashed the chicken breast with a cleaver so it was flat- then stuck it on the grill. Perfect grill marks- and cooked in 9 min. so juicy. Green beans on the side. Hard boiled eggs 2 for lunch- done. ''
Low Cal/ carb

I had better dam drop!!!!!!!!

I am so excited everyone coming this weekend. I will go reserve a table pool side. NICE

My son said tonight- mom I can't remember when you got in a pool. So sad I left fat self back then hold me back from my kids and activities. When I lost my weight they were in collage. So they remember me always saying NO. HOW DAM SAD.
That is all I will say about that ..........

Ok all - got 3 tiny 2 portion size meatloaves in oven. Slaw and green beans will round out my next couple days/ and left over chicken. I am GOOD with LC food.

Life feels real good right now- I really do feel good!!!!!!!!!!!!! work little stress but ya know- in the scope of things- life is good!
Ummmmmmm smell the meatloaf- nothing better. Homey.

Have an awesome evening I might do a round in the pool. Rain let up for a minute. I might give in to the recliner and HGTV...... sigh.....
Closed Thread