Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 18:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%
Talking It's official, Hell has frozen over...

I cannot believe what I just did. I just voluntarily worked out for 30 minutes at Curves. And *gasp* I'm going to do it tomorrow, too! (assuming my thigh muscles haven't seized up on me and I'm able to get out of bed!)

Words cannot express how happy I am that I no longer smoke!! I cannot image myself working out if I still did -- I'd be a panting, gasping heap on the floor. As it is, I feel nice and tingly, like I just did something good for myself. That's because I just did!

I read all 19 pages of the thread on Curves before I decided to give it a whirl. Many said how fun it was and now I can see their point. Several of the machines were designed by Satan but that opinion will probably change as time goes on and I develop some muscles.

So, this is the beginning of one fat broad's journey to physical fitness.

(*snort*) I still can't believe this is me saying all this!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 07:39

Plan: low carb
Stats: 212/188/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Ditto

Congratulations! Feels great, doesn't it.
I have been lifting some weights at home and also walking on my treadmill but did not seem to be making any progress. Yesterday I started working out at a gym - me, the original couch potato. So far this morning I'm not too sore - just feel a little tight in a few places.
I quit smoking 5 years ago and it still amazes me when I can do things without huffing and puffing. We both did good when we quit that killer habit.
Today is waiting!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 10:34

BF:
Talking Did it again

G'morning, nopie.

I popped out of bed this morning, feeling like the world was mine. I was already dressed and almost out the door before I realized I wasn't expecting to feel that good. Guess the hot shower after Curves helped keep stiffness at bay.

Went back this morning and did it all again. Chatting with the other gals there really helps pass the time. Before you know it, you're done! And 30 minute of execerise has passed.

The other two gals that were there were doing much more than 30 minute workouts. Perhaps I'll work my way up to that....

Nopie, we both deserve major kudos for all of the good things and lifestyle changes we are doing for ourselves. We've embraced a better way of eating, given up nasty old smoking and are exercising. Ain't we just the cat's meow? LOL

Have a great day!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 11:10

BF:

Went back to Curves this morning. That's the third time this week -- and I just joined on Thursday!

DH and I will be going out of town next Friday and I've been trying to plan our departure time so that I will be able to go all five weekdays next week.

*snort* This can't be me. I've never liked exercising. But I am enjoying Curves and the feeling I have afterward -- all tingly and alive. Time to quit questioning this and start enjoying it all. Waahooo!

Last edited by AzureMoon : Sat, Aug-09-03 at 11:11.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 07:19

BF:

Today is Sunday and Curves is closed. That is actually disappointing. Perhaps I'll go out and walk instead. We'll see. Really should do a Housework Workout.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 17:20

BF:

Ok, Sunday came and went and I didn't go for a walk, except at the mall in JCPenney.

Went back to Curves today and oooh boy, did my thighs hurt! Completed the workout, though, so I get a gold star for that. Will just have to remember to stretch or something when I don't go workout.

Also did apheresis today. Don't know if that had anything to do with muscle weakness or not. Prolly not, but maybe so.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 21:44

BF:

Exercised again today (Wed). Monday, the knee bend thingie made my thighs burn!! Wasn't so bad today.

Oddly enough, I'd had a bad day and was actually looking forward to going to workout! It got busy there at one point. If we had just one more gal, we'd have someone on every machine. Looked kinda like a dance routine with everyone hopping off the machine, then on the boards, back on the machines, etc...
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 19:29

BF:

Well, well, well. I just can't seem to keep writing on a regular basis. But, the important part is that I'm still going to Curves on a regular basis. I've been a total of seven times. Big woooo, say you? Yes, very big wooo. I've never been one to exercise regularly (read "at all") and I'm willingly going to Curves when I can.

I really do feel better for doing it. Geeze Louise! They were right all along. But I couldn't have done this if I hadn't quit smoking.

for me!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 18:17

BF:

Hello, Gym Journal. It's me, your long lost authoress. I'm a bum when it comes to keeping my journals up to date, but I've been faithfully going to exercise at least three times a week. I feel better for it. I look forward to it. Signed on for the full year tonight. (Hmmm, just noticed the number of posts and the dates... I've posted each time I've been to Curves so far. Wow-- another freakin' miracle -- Carol's got an up-to-date journal! :faint:

I'll be away next week and unable to attend Curves. The ship has a gym but I'm pretty sure I don't want to work out in front of a bunch of hunks and hotties (or at least those that believe they fit into those catagories.) I plan on doing a lot of walking, with camera in hand (or at least in reach) so that I can snap quick pictures of any thing that grabs my fancy.

Tootles for now.

Last edited by AzureMoon : Tue, Aug-26-03 at 18:19.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 18:50

BF:
Default Making progress

Though it was a bit over a week early, I did my weigh and measure tonight at Curves. (I'll be out of town when it has officially been a month.) And the results are in: in 10 sessions I've lost 2 pounds, 2.5 inches and 1.6% body fat.

Another item I'm proud of is that I really didn't want to go workout tonight. But, when we got home, I changed clothes and headed on out and, to paraphrase the slogan, just did it.

There may be hope for me yet...
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 18:09

BF:

Back from vacation--a week-long Alaskan cruise. We walked a lot, climbed a lot of stairs and had to use knees like shock absorbers while on the ship and the excursion boats so my knees hurt when we got back in town on Sunday. Combine that with getting used to being back in Central Time Zone and I was one tired puppy.

Some of the Curves machines really killed my knees tonight so I did leg lifts instead. Suits me.

The important thing is that I did go back and will go back again tomorrow. I am committed to this.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 19:42

BF:

Didn't make it back on Friday. Curves doesn't open until 9am, so after I took DH to work, I came back to the house and was going to take a nap. Ended up sleeping 3 hours! Then I didn't have enough time to do Curves and take care of appointments that I had. Que sera.

I did go back to Curves today, though. And then on to conquer the mountain of laundry that was generated by the vacation.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 18:12

BF:

Will be hitting Curves Mon, Tue, Wed of this week since I'm leaving town on Thursday and not back until following Tuesday.

Worked hard today and it felt good.

This week is a break-through week. I weigh less than I have since 1998 and I can tell it. Not sure what was special about today but suddenly I can tell that I've lost weight. Guess it's kinda like one day your hair is fine and the next it's too long - one of those subtle things that sneaks up on you. Just keep on sneakin'!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 17:54

BF:

Ok, so it will be Mon, Wed and Thurs instead. Had a headache last night and just couldn't face a workout.

Thursday is now do-able since Cindy and I won't be leaving that evening. Hurricane Isabel forces us to change plans to fly on Friday mid-morning instead of Thursday night -- assuming they didn't cancel the flight altogether.

The Enell sportsbra arrived today and I'm in love with it!! Working out was so very comfortable without having my more than ample boobs banging up and down and all around! Well worth the $$$.

26 pounds gone as of today.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 17:59

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Looks like curves is working well for you, that's great Did the Enell sports bra give you uniboob though? Inquiring minds want to know