Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 15:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/148/119
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default D Day Monday 29th July

Right, that's it I've decided. I'm going to stop smoking on Monday.

Would anyone like to join me?

I've tried everything - gum made me choke, I developed an allergy to the patches and had huge lumps everywhere I put a patch (my I felt attractive!). I tried the medicine that the doctor prescribed (can't remember the name but it is late!) and I got chest pains so came right off.

I started Atkins 5 days ago and I've lost 6 pounds so am feeling extremely proud of myself. So I thought in for a penny in for a pound.

DH is off to a rock festival with his mates this weekend so I don't think it would be a good idea to start now - not with a 6 and a 3 year old whose favourite hobbies are fighting each other and tell tales on each other!!! STRESS!!

Anyway, I go cold turkey on Monday and would love some other soon to be grumpy person to join me so that we could give each other moral support! Basically I need help to keep me on the straight and narrow and stop this disgusting habit.

Hope to hear from you soon
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 12:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/207/140
BF:
Progress: -26%
Question

Congratulations!

What a coincidence - I quit smoking this morning. Yesterday my sister told me I had developed an annoying habit of clearing my throat. She said I sounded like a hacker. Told me it was time I gave it up. She quit when this happened to her. I was alarmed by this since I don't like the habit and wasn't aware I was doing it. Recent upsetting separation/divorce and I've been chainsmoking. Last night I had a dream that I was coughing. My chest is heavy and congested and I feel lousy. All this from over indulging in cigarettes....I didn't think it was possible - I loved my cigarettes. I'm very concerned though - I'm hypo thyroid and just completed 2 wks on induction lost 10# - now I take on quitting? It seems like it's entirely too much and I may be setting myself up for failure. Reading these posts gives me encouragement.
Thanks and good luck - I'm cheering you on!
Continued success to everyone!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 22:39

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%
Thumbs up Good Luck!

Hi Hazeluk & tcr,
I wish you both all the luck in the world!
I keep making excuses about quitting. I did quit for 7
years, then a VERY stressful year got me going again, that was 5 years ago. Now my excuse is I'm afraid of gainning weight. Last time I quit I gained 30lbs. If I put on that much weight in my present state.... goodness I can't even think about it!
I admire you both for making up your minds to do it and going for it. I'd like to peek in on your progress. Maybe it will inspire me.
Our neighbor just lost his wife to cancer two weeks ago. Scary!
greentea
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-02, 07:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/148/119
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi there, so sorry I've not been on lately - pc problems - doesn't help when you don't defrag your c drive for 6 months!!!!

Hope you're doing ok with the smoking - I'm a bit like a yoyo at the moment. One day I won't touch them, the next my dh is in the garden and I'm there next to him! Ho Hum! Let me know how you're getting on now I'm back on line!

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a hard time tcr. The same happened to me when I was 23 (no kids then fortunately) but it was very, very tough. 12 years on I'm now extremely happy and have a lovely bloke and 2 great kids so keep going things will get better.