Getting into the groove with a post of a recent concoction
I used locally farmed pork and didn't need to add additional fat.
Easy Breakfast Sausage
4 tablespoons hot water
2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon molasses
2 pounds ground pork
2 teaspoons dried sage
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
1 tablespoon Swerve (optional)
1. Add salt and molasses to hot water; set aside. Stir periodically to fully dissolve.
2. Place ground pork in a large bowl.
3. In a small bowl measure dried sage, ground black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, ground nutmeg, dried basil, ground thyme and Swerve. Mix lightly. Sprinkle evenly on top of ground pork.
4. Add dissolved salt and molasses.
5. Use your hands to mix the ingredients together.
6. Shape into patties or links.
7. Pan fry and enjoy!