Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 06:00

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 168/168/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default let me know how I did

Well, I started yesterday and I would like for you to let me know how I did. Breakfast: 1 hb egg, 1/3 c oats w/ a splash of soy milk and splenda, 2 peices of bacon. Snackiece of turkey, 2 sm figs, Lunch: salad with assorted veggies, homemade Italian dressing, and a wheat melba toast. Dinner: grilled chicken breast, sauted onions and peppers, 1/3 c brown rice with butter, and brussel sprouts with butter. Had no snack in the pm, but was dying for something sweet. Is there anything that will stop the craving, but not mess with this plan?

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 08:13

Plan: Scharzbein principle
Stats: 187/187/147 Female 166cm
BF:

Daisey

I might be wrong but you don't seem to have had any protein with your lunch - you might find that protein ( tin of salmon/tuna/pieces of chicken etc etc) will help to keep you going til dinner time.

Also it's important to get some protein in with every meal.

Otherwise it looks to me like you did well.

The cravings will go away, really they will!!!!!! just give it a few weeks!

good luck
Clodagh
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 08:23
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 317/290/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

Daisey,

On the surface it sounds to me like you had a good day overall, the only suggestion I would make is to add some kind of protein with your salad at lunch (grilled chicken or tuna are great options).

It is a little hard to get past the cravings for sweet stuff the first week or so , but they do go away . One thing that I did (and still do, it's my favorite "dessert") was berries with whipped cream (no artificial sweetener). This is the best time of the year to do it, the berries are incredible!!! Just remember to check your carb counts on her charts and allow for the carbs the berries will give you.

Jen
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 08:58

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

My tip for dealing with a sweet craving:

1. Try distraction...get out of the kitchen and try something that uses your hands so you can't have food in them - or have a bath!
2. If you are still craving...eat some protein even if you don't really want to.
3. If you STILL want something...then have it! Maybe your body is telling you it needs a bit of something sweet...a little bit of fruit as mentioned above is great.

Clodagh is right...the cravings will be gone in no time! Soon you'll be craving tuna w/ mayo...trust me!

Lisa
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 09:09

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 168/168/130
BF:

You're right, I forgot to mention the grilled steak that I added to my salad for lunch yesterday. I will take your word on the cravings, thanks for responding to me.

Daisey