Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  results after three months

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 18:17

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default January 4, 2003 picture

Here is the picture from January 4th 2003. I have really had to keep making it smaller and smaller to send. I thinkgyou will be able to see the difference in two short months.

Windy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me 1-4-03 forum.jpg (8.5 KB, 557 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 21:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Zone
Stats: 230/230/165
BF:50%
Progress: 0%
Smile Looking Good!

you look great, I am getting ready to start this, let me ask are you eating any bread at all? I love bread and I know that there are low carb breads out there, what are some of the snacks you eat?I live in Kentucky, well talk to you later, bye
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 07:32

BF:

Mandyjo I do not eat much bread, really none at all. I do bake
Dr. Atkins bread and slice it and freeze it. I have only made two loaves in three months and most of the first I had to throw away as it molded. It is a moister bread than most so freezing is a must.

For snacks I eat pork rinds, celery filled with low carb peanut butter or cream cheese, chibes and onions. I will have sugar free jello with real whipped cream, almonds and macadamia nuts. I love the the decaf flavored hot teas and fix a big cup of that and sit here by the computer.

I also go to Curves three times a week. I eat meat, fish, poultry, eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, vegetables and have now added some berries with whipped cream.

This woe is so wonderful because you can eat things that before have been taboo if you wanted to lose weight, or so they told us!!

I do ocasionaly have a very, very small baked potato. I would say this is the thing I miss the most. I used to be able to have the baked potato and could not have the real butter and sour cream, now I can have the real butter and sour cream and not the potato. As I add more carbs to my daily amount I will be able to have more things. It so worth the wait to see what I can have and won't be able to have.

I have realized that now when things upset me I do not turn to food for comfort. It is so nice to know that this will be forever.

Good luck with this and let me know how you do.

Windy
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 21:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up Great job!

Windy, you look great! The weight loss is very noticable!

I hope you won't mind, but I took the liberty of merging your two threads. This way, the pictures you posted show up in the right order...largest to smallest...your weight, I mean!

Keep up the good work!

Donald
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 12:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/195/190
BF:??%/15.9%/<10%
Progress: 89%
Default Looking Great Windy!!

What a difference!!
You must feel Great!

Question? Has the loss been steady or has it been stop and go?
I am on my second week of induction and Atkins had been very good to me!!

Congratulations!!

Shane aka MaineDaddy
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 13:30

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%
Thumbs up

You look great. what a difference 33 pounds makes. I had to lose 60 before anybody even noticed. You should be so proud of yourself. You go girl!!!!!!!!!!
Laurie
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 19:05

BF:

Donald that is fine with the pictures.I do not know how to get both on the same page. I had to keep playing to get one that was the right size they wanted to get it on the page.

Thank you so much for the compliments. I really do love this and I am having such an easy time with it. I will rememher this so that when I reach a plateau I will not get upset.
Shane I have been lucky so far and it has been a pretty steady loss. I also go to Curves three times a week. When nice weather gets here I want to go biking with my husband. I will have to keep up on how you do with this. Donald has doen fantastic.

Thank you Laurie, I am proud of myself and sometimes that is hard to say. Have always been taught not to toot your own horn but I feel so wonderful and I want to share with everyone. I am quick to tell people when they ask. I hope some will take the leap and try for theirselves.

have a good evening every one. Donald I am thinking and saying prayers for you family.

Windy(Linda)
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 23:58

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%

Windy!

Lookin good! wow, must feel good to see such results! That is encouraging!

Keep up the good work!
Go Girl!

jodi
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 20:18
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Linda! Wow! That looks like *more* than a 33 lbs loss. You've lost a lot of inches! <b>WTG!!</b>