Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  Has anyone lost more than 100 lbs? 150? 200??

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 14:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

hi Rachacha,

I can think of a couple of examples of the top of my head DWRolfe is closing in on 100lbs lost and Szar has not long passed that mark.

Check out their journals - they would be happy to share their experiences with you

Lesley
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 09:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 325/243/150
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default check out triple digits

triple digits is a spot on this lc forum. Folks who want to lose 100+ pounds . . . and there are some 100+ losers in there.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 16:09

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 381/239.8/160 Male 5 ft 6.25 inches
BF:61%/38.4%/25.6%
Progress: 64%
Smile Almost...

Well, I haven't lost 100 yet, but I am almost there.

I have lost a total of 87 pounds as of this morning, putting me at 293. My original goal was to lose somewhere between 200 & 220 pounds. I may modify that goal as I get closer to it. I know that the weight training has made my clothes fit better at a higher weight, so the 160-180 I was going for may have to be modified. I started way back in February (then doing Body Solutions) weighing 380.

You can find pictures of me at my website:

www.brianmeloche.com

I am hoping to post more pictures tonight.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 18:21
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Yes, there's a few of us around here

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 18:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 452/386/200 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default This thread is old but...

You may still be watching it.

As of this moment I have lost about 114#, nearly half way to my goal. I do not know what will happen when I lose the next 100+ but so far, so good . Having lost 20 inches about the waist (and 1 inch around the forehead )there is relatively little sagging skin. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Mark
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 09:37

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 381/239.8/160 Male 5 ft 6.25 inches
BF:61%/38.4%/25.6%
Progress: 64%
Cool I have lost my 100th pound!

When I started this weight loss journey back in February, I weighed 380. When I started watching carbs, I was 366 in May. On June 28th, I signed up for Herbalife's low-carb Gold plan, and weighed 356.

Today, I weigh 280! One hundred pounds gone!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 10:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 330/162/150 Male 67 inches
BF:64/16/10
Progress: 93%

As of this morning I have lost 150 pounds and I have very little loose skin. I do walk a lot and I have been using a Bowflex for strength training since the 10th of May. I am attaching a picture which shows before and after.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 21:40

Plan: CKD
Stats: 298/190/180
BF:
Progress: 92%

The highest I've ever weighed in was at about 300 lbs when I was 20 ( I just turned 22 ). Let me let you all know I only got that fat because I fell prey to the modern western diet. Thank goodness for the low-carb lifestyle. I don't know my EXACT weight, but I'm guessing it to be 190-195.

The question about sagging skin, it does get better as you gain more lean muscle mass, I also found some products that work well, I know most of you probably don't believe in topical skin fat burners, but there are 2 currently on the body building market ( not commercial ) that do work, they are called yohimburn and lipoderm-y. I used to have a 44 inch waist and now I can fit in a size 34 pants, love handles and sagging skin and a sheer layer of fat were a BIG issue after I lost so much weight and the last layers of fat are the hardest, I was extremely happy with losing 80+ lbs but I still looked 'flabby' as opposed to obese, but with these two products I'm getting real close, again the key is building lean muscle mass, which is why I use a combination of body building techniques and low carb techniques to meet my goals. Muscle protein quickly breaks down in ketosis making you lose muscle.

Here is a link to 2 pictures I took, one shortly after beginning the topical fat burners and the other after about 2 weeks of use. A pronounced difference. And note that I used to have about size C cup man-breasts and a 44 inch gut of pure fat.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mojokid/ryanns.jpg

^-- Probably about 215 weight 3 months ago

I used low-carbing with the topical fat burners ( I also used thermogenic supplements, stacker , etc)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mojokid/ryanns2.jpg

^-- Probably around 195-200 lbs 3 1/2 weeks ago

I'd be happy to help anyone with questions, I've experimented a lot and found what really works well, ketosis is one step if you want a body with less fat. Ketosis and low carbing will get rid of most of the fat, but then you need to build a little muscle, muscle burns fat too.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 11:46

Plan: my own plan
Stats: 235/138/130
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default I lost 100!

I did I did!!!! I did it!!! YAY!!!!! GO JAIME!!! YES! I lost 100 pounds! Go me!

I know what it's like to have to loose a hundred pounds. It's indimidating to say the least! It took me two years to do it but I don't regret it. There were a couple of moments there when I thought to myself that this was too big for me to handle but guess what? I got over it and life is so much better

I'm not even thinking of physical apperance. That's just the icing on the cake. I walk with a spring in my step. When I walk, it's more of a jog now becasue my energy is so high. I heal so easily when I get sick and when I am under the weather, it's not as unbarrible.

Sorry, my spelling is really bad. i can't express to you how wonderful it is to loose so much weight. I've reached my goal three months ago and I'm still so excited. Everyday I think to myself, WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW HOLY COW. After being 235 pounds for six years, it feels so good to fit into a size 10. I haven't been a size 10 since my freshmen year of high school.

I CAN SCRATCH MY BACK AND FEEL MY WHOLE BUTT!!! I know that sounds weird but anyone who has been as heavy as I was knows what I'm talking about. When I was very heavy, I couldn't really reach around.

Also, I can see things on my body that I havent seen for years!!! i know it sounds so funny but it's so true.

The loose skin goes away! Mine is dissapearing slowly. I needed to do a little light weight lifting to tighten the arms. I still have a lot of loose skin on my butt and stomach but it's getting better everyday.

Now, my stomach is smaller so it's easier to keep fit. I can eat smaller meals. I don't stick to the low carb diet everyday but I get on the scale every single day because I don't want to be in the dark about this. It took me two years to loose the weight and i dont ever want to go back.

I've reciently gained 4 pounds because I've been singing and playing piano on the weekends for weddings and have been eating all that lush wedding food and drinking wine. I have started low carbing exclusivly again so I'm hoping to loose the four pounds and maybe a little more on top of that.

My point is, DONT GIVE UP!!! IT'S SOOO WORTH IT!!!