Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-12, 10:17

Plan: Primal/Paleo/MyOwn
Stats: 187.5/168/132 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Michael, I'm glad it is helping you!

Ideally, once your body is back to its more "normal" state, you could try weaning yourself slowly off Miralax and seeing if just magnesium supplements can keep you regular, and use miralax only occasionally as needed. That is my personal opinion, since I prefer to try to be as "natural" as I reasonably can. Most of us are deficient in magnesium, but so far I haven't heard of a deficiency of miralax, lol.

But as I had mentioned in an earlier post, many doctors recommend their patients use miralax every day for the rest of their lives. I guess it's all about figuring out what works best for your body. Good luck and I hope everything comes out okay! (terrible pun intended!)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-12, 11:08
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Did you ever give coconut oil a try? A Tbl or two works really quickly on me.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-12, 14:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 212/197/175 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%

I have noticed that over the past four days I have become constipated, as well. I have tea in my cupboard that has Senna in it, which is supposed to be good. My daughter swears by the stuff. I'm also going to increase my salt and magnesium. I read the label on Mirolax and I don't really like the sound of taking polypropylene glycol. I suppose if it's really bad then it's worth a shot, but long-term use of the stuff I don't think would be recommended, at least not from the reading I've done.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-12, 13:13

Plan: Atkins/Reduced dairy
Stats: 280/200/180 Male 5'8
BF:30.4%
Progress: 80%

Yes, I take movitev (miralax equivalent) every other day sometimes I can leave it for longer. And lol, that has to be the best pun I have read in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Did you ever give coconut oil a try? A Tbl or two works really quickly on me.

Yes Nancy, I take coconut oil every day. I also take an omega 3 sup which used to help but not anymore. Things got a lot worse when I started a very low cal diet consisting of shakes soups and bars. When I started eating normally things improved a bit but since going LC I don't go without help.

My plan is to go dairy free after the holidays for a month and see if that makes any difference.

StuartB - obviously I would rather not take anything but if I do nothing I am leaving myself open to worse problems(that's almost as good as Mrs. Skip's pun)

Senna no longer seems to work for me.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-13, 11:30

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

While my situation has never been "difficult" it has reached OPTIMUM with the advice on this website:

http://www.fibermenace.com/gutsense/transition.html

As I like to say: since following this man's precepts, I don't even need any reading material!
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-13, 08:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
While my situation has never been "difficult" it has reached OPTIMUM with the advice on this website:

http://www.fibermenace.com/gutsense/transition.html

As I like to say: since following this man's precepts, I don't even need any reading material!

Thanks WereBear. Plenty of information here. It will take me time to get throught it. However at first glance a high fat diet is recomended with reduced water intake, supplementing with probiotics and various vitamins.

I have been doing this for some time and it hasn't helped. I wonder if my condition is too far gone.

Any thought s on the Colorectal Recovery Program. Seems expensive and im not in the habbit of buying tablets over the internet?

Nancy I just re read your post. I normally take just a ts of coconut oil. I'll ill up the dose to your suggestion and see if that helps.

Last edited by Michaelk : Fri, Jan-04-13 at 09:07.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-13, 10:17
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

ts meaning teaspoon?

The usual abbrev. are: t or tsp = teaspoon
T, tbsp, tbl, tbs = Tablespoon

It's confusing, I know!

Last edited by Nancy LC : Fri, Jan-04-13 at 10:23.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-13, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
ts meaning teaspoon?

The usual abbrev. are: t or tsp = teaspoon
T, tbsp, tbl, tbs = Tablespoon

It's confusing, I know!