Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-11, 08:32

Plan: fat fast
Stats: 164/158.1/119 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 13%
Unhappy 3 weeks Atkins but no ketosis! Due to nursing??

Hallo everyone
First of all I apologise in ad astante for my typing errore but I'm not from the US, I am a 35 y old european mum of a 14 mo beautiful boy.
i am still nursing him before sleeping, let's say once a day.
I did the atkins diet some years ago with great success, 13 kilos lost in 3 months, and moreover I used to feel very efficient and healthy.
my plans were to' repeat the same diet once the nursing was consistently reduced, and the moment has arrived. i have to' loose more than 15 kg taken with pregnancy ((((
I started the atkins on dec. 7th, but since then my stick has always been white!! I had a ++ only one day. i feel very depressed about this! My previous esperience with this diet was totally different, it just took me a couple of days to get a +++ and i did eat much more vegs and cheese than now!
I was wondering whether someone else had the same problem and can helP me...it seems my body is not responsive at all to' ketosis! Is it due to' nursing??

Thanks in advance!
T.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-11, 00:07

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

I tried to do Atkins while I was nursing and it totally messed up my milk supply and also I couldn't lose more than the initial water weight. I decided to hold off until I finished nursing. Some people don't have that problem, but I did.

I doubt your nursing is keeping you from ketosis though. It's possible if you're drinking a lot of water that it's just not showing up on the strips. That can happen. Also if you could post a menu, sometimes there are hidden carbs that people don't realize.