Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-17, 03:54
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Tuesday, 7 November 2017

Happy Tuesday, Warriors!

Wishing you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always our CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
If you EAT what you’ve always EATEN, you’ll WEIGH what you’ve always WEIGHED!
~ unknown
Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Already Tuesday, week's moving right along. Still have that lingering cough...it woke me up a couple of times last night but was able to get right back to sleep w/o difficulties. So that's a good thing! Can't wait to be at 100% again...

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO are ya still not good yet? Hope it fades fast now for ya.
Kiddo has next friday off school for who knows why, gotta check and a nice Tday break also.
Yeppers, T-day break is acomin' fast!
Quote:
That is my sinus issues. Drag me down, foggy headed and all but I function and move cause I have too, not sick enough to stop but just leaves me dragging thru not feeling great...but if you can move ya do
I totally understand that! I don't like to mope around in bed unless Imma really sick, KWIM??
Quote:
Yea our lettuce was on sale for .89 a head...and there Bernie is SO high?
Weird right??
Quote:
Yes Bernie some do without ins. but I ain't going there either.
I got too much to lose and for them to take I gotta cover us LOL
Exactly!
Quote:
hubby leaving tonight with Big Jim to go hunting for a few days at the cabin.
Nice that he's off to hunt again! Means more deer meat in the freezer and less $$ in the grocery store!

I guess that means Tony's back is much improved and his new chiropractor has been helpful??

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hi All,
Hiya, De! So good to see your post!!
Quote:
Just a quick post to check-in. Having a great time in Oregon. It's a bit wet & cold, but not too bad!
Sorry to hear it's a bit wet and cold there...but glad that you took the time to come in to post!
Quote:
Hi Jo, hope you get better real soon
Me too!
Quote:
I see you have a new picture on your avatar, nice!
It is what it is...but it's my latest school pic!
Quote:
I have a busy week planned with the family, will post when I get home.
Have fun with your fam! And wishing you safe travels!
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-17, 09:02

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

JO yea he did the chiro and he focused on his hip and he is crippling around less which is always a good thing LOL

HI DE AND BERNIE!
Glad you are having fun in Oregon DE!
wet and chilly here also. alot of storms around and waiting desperately for sunshine.

HI ALL
nothing much still, icky here and feel more like a shut in now HA
want sunny days so bad

nothing much doing but kiddo home with some tummy bug.
I gave her the day, I mean she aced the 'pre-EOG tests' with a 100 and she has straight As so what the heck right....let her chill a bit and NOT give this to us whatever little thing she got going on

great day warriors!!
  #198   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-17, 11:18

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Jo.... Glad you are feeling a Little better. My cucumber relish for tuna is just diced cucumber with some of our diced jalapeño. I️ have had my tuna with just diced jalapeños and some dressing it good. Yep that penalty on the taxes for no insurance is Obama’s care. But jo with no subsidies the price is going up.
De.... So glad you are having fun in Oregon. So glad you stopped by! Have a great trip!
Karen.... Sorry to hear kiddo under the weather but hey straight A student she can chill and get to 💯!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #199   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-17, 05:35
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 8 November 2017

Happy HUMP DAY, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally wondrous Wednesday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

FAT lasts longer than FLAVOR!!
~ unknown

Well I was hoping I was kickin' this crud cough thingy and sore throat... seems to be lingering.

I think I jinxed myself, b/c I wasn't feelin' so hot yesterday... But NO temp. So I guess that's a good thing!

Felt bad off and on all day yesterday, but not sick enough to toss in the towel and go home sick... Too much work to write sub plans which would mean "busy" work for my kiddos when Imma not there... I HATE that...

Just need to get Veterans' Day Assembly done & over which is tomorrow; then we're sliding downhill towards Thanksgiving Break! Woot! Woot!

Gargling with warm salt water as often as possible seems to help some, will continue that today...

I just have to survive today and tomorrow and then Imma off for a 3-day w/e to try to recover from this! So today is like my "Thursday"!

Karen:
Quote:
JO yea he did the chiro and he focused on his hip and he is crippling around less which is always a good thing LOL
That's good to hear!
Quote:
wet and chilly here also. alot of storms around and waiting desperately for sunshine.
Woke up to much needed rain this morning, but it'll clear out. We've been unseasonably warm for this time of year... mid 70s during the day and low 40s at night... I ain't complainin' one iota!
Quote:
nothing much still, icky here and feel more like a shut in now HA
want sunny days so bad
Ya need to move south, girlie!
Quote:
nothing much doing but kiddo home with some tummy bug.
I gave her the day, I mean she aced the 'pre-EOG tests' with a 100 and she has straight As so what the heck right....let her chill a bit and NOT give this to us whatever little thing she got going on
School = petri dish of bugs and crud... hope your DD is feelin' better today!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Jo.... Glad you are feeling a Little better.
Like I said above, I think I jinxed myself... but I'll stick it out and go to school!
Quote:
My cucumber relish for tuna is just diced cucumber with some of our diced jalapeño. I️ have had my tuna with just diced jalapeños and some dressing it good.
Wow that sounds über easy & so de-lish!
Quote:
Yep that penalty on the taxes for no insurance is Obama’s care. But jo with no subsidies the price is going up.
My health care insurance goes UP every freakin' year! I took more $$$ home 10 years ago... Pffffffffffffffft!
Quote:
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks and take care of YOU too, girlie!
  #200   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-17, 06:21

BF:

Hey guys, quickie on this humpday post

off with Barb for some Xmas shopping. We are super fast shoppers LOL She is like me, in an out but she wants some small things for her grandson and I need some filler gifts for kiddo so off we go today. Get'erdone and over with and filler presents are handled.

great day all
  #201   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-17, 03:44
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Thursday, 9 November 2017

Happy Friday Eve, Warriors!

Wishing you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

There are only TWO OPTIONS:
1) Make Progress or
2) Make Excuses

~ unknown

Yessssssssss, finally Friday Eve and almost my 3-day weekend! Woot! Woot!

Imma feelin' a little better, don't wanna JINX myself!

Gonna be a fast day at school since we have our Veterans' Assembly this morning. Then we're down to 30 min classes!

Wow can you believe that Thanksgiving will be here in 2 weeks???? WOW-zer for sure!

Karen:
Quote:
off with Barb for some Xmas shopping. We are super fast shoppers LOL She is like me, in an out but she wants some small things for her grandson and I need some filler gifts for kiddo so off we go today. Get'erdone and over with and filler presents are handled.
Hope your shopping experience was QUICK, fruitful and didn't put too much of a dent in your wallet! Imma glad you got a chance to hang out with your friend, Barb!

Nice that you're both getting your Christmas shopping accomplished early and out of the way!

Berni:
Hope you're doing well, not working too awfully hard and finding time to just chil-lax and take care of YOU!

De:
I know you're having an über great time with your girls in Oregon! When are you coming back??
  #202   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-17, 04:34

BF:

Hello warriors,

Yesterday my Internet was down all day! Ending up working out of son house In Wisconsin. My DD also had no internet but has some kind of hot spot on her PC so she can still work. What an exhausting day!
Jo.... Hoping you continue to feel better! Today is your Friday! My grandkiddies have school tomorrow which is good since they had last Thursday and Friday off.
Karen.... Smart girl getting that Xmas shopping done early. How is your daughter feeling?

De... hope you are having a fantastic vacation!
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #203   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-17, 07:16
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 10 November 2017

Happy Friday, Warriors!

Hope this finds all of you doing well! Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

It’s all about CHOICES:

Start believing that choices are neither good or bad ~ they are just choices.

BUT do you choose to eat in a way that doesn't allow you to lose weight and takes you further away from your goal?

Or do you choose to eat in a way that sends you barreling down the road TOWARDS your goal weight?

Nobody holds you down and forces you to eat.

Change your thoughts and before long you'll change your actions.

There really is something wise behind the Nike saying "Just do it."

~ CMCM (Carole) June 28, 2010

Berni:
Quote:
Hello warriors,

Imma doing super duper terrific! Feelin' better everyday...but still have that lingering cough thingy. Pfffffffffffft!
Quote:
Yesterday my Internet was down all day! Ending up working out of son house In Wisconsin. My DD also had no internet but has some kind of hot spot on her PC so she can still work. What an exhausting day!
Wow that's terrible! Wonder what happened that could affect all of you that way... I hope your internet is back up and running now!
Quote:
Jo.... Hoping you continue to feel better! Today is your Friday!
Have a couple of errands in town today then Imma staying home the rest of my 3 day w/e! Already started on my w/e chores, so I'll get those out of the way pronto and just chil-lax, etc!
Quote:
My grandkiddies have school tomorrow which is good since they had last Thursday and Friday off.
I guess we're not the only ones off a lot of "school days"...

Imma not sure how many places observe Veterans' Day as a holiday. I know we do it here b/c of our huge military population!
  #204   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-17, 08:34

BF:

Bernie nothing worse then internet down ugh
We so live by it now. Like having both arms cut off when it is gone LOL

Kiddo is ok but dragging....in fact we are ALL kinda dragging around here. Not sicky but not perky in any way, must be that 5 days of rainy, no sun icky weather. Now I got some form of crud, my voice is cracking and I feel stuffy up in the head.
Crap ya know....I don't need this stuff, you know, no one does LOL

JO glad you are on the mend!
Weekend coming, kick back and relax. Kiddo has off school today.

I didn't get alot shopping, nothing I wanted for kiddo for filler presents. Will have to go out one more time to better stores HAHA and get a few things for her to open.

Her main prez is newest Iphone and a new good printer for her. Those biggies cover it, now needing some small things. So will pick another day and get'er done.

HEY I bought a new car.
Hubby, omg what a pain. He was like buy this one, (only 51K) or get that one (only $38K) or how about driving this sweet one, (only $42K) and I said heck no I am not spending that kind of money...ain't doing it.

I got a used 2016 Cherokee Latitude with 15,000 miles for $18,000. (New it retails for about $32K and it has every bell and whistle in it)-- I did very well, I love this vehicle, to me the miles means it was hardly used, beautifully kept and perfect, drives wonderful and nice big SUV ALL FOR under 20K...ok that is my kind of price HAHA

picking it up in a bit.

off to get moving. day will be busy.

great day all
  #205   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-17, 15:25

BF:

Hello warriors,

We have light snow ❄️ lake effect but it is coldy out here!
Tomorrow is going to be in the high 30’s!
Karen.... Congrats on your new vehicle 🚗!

Jo.... glad you are getting your things to do doneband chillin 😎 restbif weekend! Going to kick that cough to the curb!

Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!

Last edited by Bernie2014 : Fri, Nov-10-17 at 16:03.
  #206   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-17, 06:24

BF:

Bernie.....I just didn't see the word snow did I? YIKES! I can't do snow HAHA High 30s. Wow you are going into your winter time now aren't you? We are in the 50s still and hopefully a few 60s are still going to be around! We hit a low into the 30s last night and BBrrr, too darn cold for me now!

Thanks...the new car is a good one. I am just happy it is bought and done and over!

HI ALL
nothing much doing
off to mom's today in a while. me and kiddo going for a visit
gonna cruise thru this day in easy fashion and do whatever
nothing on the plate that will be annoying today HA

great day all
  #207   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-17, 06:24
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday, 11 November 2017

Happy Veterans' Day, Warriors!

Wishing you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

A very smart person once told me that I can start my day any way I like because it is a CHOICE.

WOW a CHOICE! I never knew that I had a CHOICE.

I had always allowed outside circumstances to control what kind of day I was having.

Now that I know I have a CHOICE, I choose to start my days at the OUTSTANDING level and work up from there!

~ Larry H. 27 Nov 2015

Karen:
Quote:
Kiddo is ok but dragging....in fact we are ALL kinda dragging around here. Not sicky but not perky in any way, must be that 5 days of rainy, no sun icky weather. Now I got some form of crud, my voice is cracking and I feel stuffy up in the head.
Crap ya know....I don't need this stuff, you know, no one does LOL
Hope you guys start feelin' better!

I still have the crud too aka that crappy cough... it's NOT as bad and I don't feel bad ~ but it's still hangin' on...
Quote:
Kiddo has off school today.
I was wondering if your DD was off for Veterans' Day too!
Quote:
I didn't get alot shopping, nothing I wanted for kiddo for filler presents. Will have to go out one more time to better stores HAHA and get a few things for her to open.
Sorry your shoppin' trip with Barb was a bust!

Quote:
Her main prez is newest Iphone and a new good printer for her. Those biggies cover it, now needing some small things. So will pick another day and get'er done.
Holy Hannah, you're gonna put down some serious $$$$ for that new Iphone... I heard they run over $1,200...
Quote:
HEY I bought a new car...

I got a used 2016 Cherokee Latitude with 15,000 miles for $18,000. (New it retails for about $32K and it has every bell and whistle in it)-- I did very well, I love this vehicle, to me the miles means it was hardly used, beautifully kept and perfect, drives wonderful and nice big SUV ALL FOR under 20K...ok that is my kind of price HAHA
WOW, what a great deal you got for your new wheels! Happy motoring, girlie!

Berni:
Quote:
We have light snow ❄️ lake effect but it is coldy out here!
Tomorrow is going to be in the high 30’s!
Stay warm my friend! Our weather is unseasonably warm... low-mid 70s during the day & , low 40s at night... I ain't complainin'!!!
Quote:
Jo.... glad you are getting your things to do doneband chillin 😎 restbif weekend!
Hmmmm.... WHAT???!!! Did auto correct try to take over???

Let's see, I got the "glad getting my things done, but I don't get the "doneband" or "restbif" part...
Quote:
Going to kick that cough to the curb!
I hope so...

De:
Hope you're doing well, girlie! Sure do miss ya!
  #208   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-17, 14:25

BF:

Hello warriors,

Happy Veterans Day!

Jo.... Sorry about my text Makayla got my phone while trying to text. Basically wanted to say glad you were getting you things to do done yesterday so you could chill rest of the weekend!
Karen.... Have fun by moms!
Today I have the husky dog. DS and DSGF out of town at a wedding for weekend! We just came back from the trails. Colt luvs the cold weather can walk forever!

Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #209   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-17, 05:32
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 12 November 2017

Happy Day, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally spectacular Sunday in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Most of our problems in life are because of two reasons:
We ACT without thinking
or
We keep thinking without ACTING!

~ unknown

Baby Sweater Knittin' update:

I finished two more...

Completed this one on 7 November:
Baby Sweater in Med. Blue & Aran

Completed this one on 10 November:
Baby Sweater in Aran & Variegated Pastels

Imma almost finished with another one that's light blue and light yellow...

These really do knit up über fast!

My favorite part is always creating the different cable patterns and seeing what color combinations I can get away with!

Imma still using up my supply of yarns... so that's always a good thing since I don't have to go out to buy more ~ YET!

Edited to add:

Okay done with the next Baby Sweater:

Baby Sweater in Light Blue & Light Yellow

Berni:
Quote:
Jo.... Sorry about my text Makayla got my phone while trying to text. Basically wanted to say glad you were getting you things to do done yesterday so you could chill rest of the weekend!
at Makayla! How cute!

Hey I had no idea you use your phone to post in here... I thought you were on a comp.... hmmmm the things we learn, eh?
Quote:
Today I have the husky dog. DS and DSGF out of town at a wedding for weekend! We just came back from the trails. Colt luvs the cold weather can walk forever!
Nice that Colt gets to spend the w/e with you and Magnum!

Quote:
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks, hope your Saturday was as well and that you get a chance to just chil-lax and take care of YOU today!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Nov-12-17 at 10:25. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #210   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-17, 06:20

BF:

HI Guys
nothing much doing today.

chilly but will warm up a bit but they say storm clouds are rolling in and rain later sometime. Yea the stupid clouds are out there, no bright sunny day--BOO

little of this and that. one of those whatever days happening.

I don't even have much to chat about other than to say HI to all the warriors and have a fab day LOL