Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-18, 23:58

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Good !!
15 lbs is wonderful!!
I love my coffee and if you see in the above list you can use real cream. I bring mine wherever I go, even when I travel I bring a little ice chest. It has hardly any of the stuff that gives people stomach upset of milk and of course none of the carbs of milk. It's a good way to get your calcium in addition to cheese.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 00:00

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuy
Thank you for the great info on the good food and the food to avoid. I drink A lot of water at work Almost a gallon each day.I’m starting to drink my coffee plain black with no sweetener or anything else ion it. That will take some getting used to. It’s only been three full days, but I’ve been pretty good at tracking what I eat and counting the carbs and today I kept it under 30 g. So far I’ve lost 15 pounds from a week ago. So I’m doing something right

You sure are!! Well done.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 18:05

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

15 pounds in a single week is nothing short of astonishing. Well done mate.

It won't always come off that quickly, though. For most people it becomes a bit of a rollercoaster ride over time, with periods of success interspersed with stalls and maybe even the odd rebound or two. Your patience will be challenged at times, but those times are what places like this forum are here for.

There's plenty of reading around here, so take your time with it all. You might find Ken's journal particularly interesting, as he started at pretty much the same weight as you, but is maintaining at less than half of his original size these days.

Good luck!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-18, 16:09

Plan: Keto
Stats: 446/427/190 Male 6 ft. 1 in.
BF:
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
15 pounds in a single week is nothing short of astonishing. Well done mate.

It won't always come off that quickly, though. For most people it becomes a bit of a rollercoaster ride over time, with periods of success interspersed with stalls and maybe even the odd rebound or two. Your patience will be challenged at times, but those times are what places like this forum are here for.

!

Mate... I like that! Thanks for the encouragement. I know that this first full week was a good start, but only a start. I will need to be patient with the process as well as with my body and mind. I really like to read other people's stories, for insight and inspiration. Thanks for commenting on my post. I will continue to post on my progress and thoughts about the process.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-18, 13:57

Plan: LC/GF
Stats: 208/174/168 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

You might want to visit Mark’s Daily Apple, we know lots about diet here, but Mark focuses on a primal way of living, which is part and parcel to a ketogenic diet. Physical stuff. Give it a look-see, a wealth of valuable information awaits. Lift heavy things.
https://www.marksdailyapple.com/