Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 20:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Chocolate Frosting

Ingredients:

30 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
10 Tbsp Lard (NOT HYDROGENATED LARD)
3/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Carb Countdown Whole Milk
2 Tbsp Dry Milk Powder
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar Substitute
5/8 tsp Stevia Extract Powder
1 tsp Xanathan Gum

Procedure:

1. Mix togther 1/2 cup Water, 1 tsp Xanathan Gum, and 3/8 tsp Stevia Extract Powder until Xanthan Gum is completely mixed.
2. Mix together mixture from Step 1 with Cocoa Powder, Lard, Carb Countdown Milk, Dry Milk Powder, Brown Sugar Substitute, 1/4 cup Water, and 1/4 tsp Stevia Extract Powder.
3. Beat mixture using a Hand Mixer in a DEEP BOWL until well mixed [i.e. When no Cocoa Powder, Lard, or other ingredients are visible and the mix has the Consistency of Frosting.]
4. Use it to Frost whatever you wish.

Nutritional Information:

makes 521.5g (I haven't measured the volume, though it SHOULD be 3-5 cups...But, since certain ingredeints sometimes thicken rather than adding volume, I can't garantee the exact volume.)

Ah hell, I can access FTP to upload the images...So its 98g Total Carbs and 57g of Fiber for 41g Net Carbs...for the entire batch...That should be enough to frost quite a few cakes or doughnuts. I plan to deep fry an Atkins Bagel and try injecting some of the Frosting into it and then frosting it with it, for a LC Doughnut.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 16:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

The Doughnut didn't turn out too well...Apparently, Atkins Bagels suck up Oil like a sponge. When I weighed the Fried Bagel, it was 48g heavier. That means it sucked up about 1/4 cup of Peanut Oil. It turned out way too oily for my tastes and I wasn't even able to finish it before I was full. Oh well, I'll have to see if there's anything else I can frost, because this frosting is pretty good.