Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 13:02

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

So true JandLsMom!!

It is a pity it isnt possible to make fitday or My PLAN blank out the calories and display the other figures only! More of us would succeed then and not get hung up on keeping an eye on the calories instead of the carbs.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 13:06

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

for your headaches take alleve or ibuprofen instead of bread...eating the bread will only prolong your induction flu..bad idea...
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 16:35

Plan: Keto
Stats: 180/145/130 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 70%

I took an Ibuprofen and it's really not working. OWWW, I have a massive headache.
What else can I do besides hit myself over the head with a sledge hammer?
Help, I'm thinking about that bread with butter still.
94 ounces of water so far today.
My head hurts and I'm feeling nauseous. I know that another protein will not rid me of my thunderous headache.
I think I'm going to eat some carbs before my head literally splits in half. That's what it feels like right now.
I might have to put off induction until tomorrow.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 19:20

BF:

Okay, my headache got the better of me. I feel better now, but not about what I had to eat to get rid of it.
I'll be starting induction again tomorrow. SIGH...
Hopefully, my headache isn't as bad.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 19:42

Plan: No. This wasn't my plan!
Stats: 185/185/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:Don't go there

You can't live in Texas and NOT eat chips and salsa...not humanly possible. I feel your pain sistah.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 20:32

Plan: LC own, healthier eatin'
Stats: 218/196/185 Female 5'5 1/2
BF:Jiggles..yuck
Progress: 67%

Please keep this post going ......You guys are on to something....

Stacy
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 08:34

BF:

What do you all take for your headaches?
TODAY, is my first day of re-induction again. I blew it yesterday due to my astronomical headache. I can't stand them. I get so sick to the point I'm hugging the toilet bowl like it's my friend. That's one thing I don't like when I start up on induction and so I just have to stop. They call it the flu, but I say it's more like a freight train running over my head.

Yesterday, when I put in all my food on fitday of the food I was "suppose" to eat, I was at 70% fat/3% carbs/29% protein ---- is this good? Who knows?
I would appreciate a prompt answer.
I'm going to have my coffee, cream and splenda right now.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/124/100 Female 4 feet 11 inches
BF:38%/25%/20%
Progress: 52%

I am going to too. I take advil, but I haven't gotten the headache. Is it carb or caffeine withdrawals? I hate how bad you feel! Have you looked into SB?
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 10:03

BF:

It's probably carb withdrawal. We're all addicted to carbs and I just figured it's probably like withdrawing from some addictive drug. You have to go over that hump in order to get on the road to recovery.

I have to think like a cave woman. Eat meat, fat, wild veggies and fruit. Our bodies haven't really evolved from those times to cope with all the stuff we have today, like refined flour or sugar. The only sugar we got in those days were from berries. Not that I knew what we were eating exactly, but duh....

Some of us have a better genetic makeup to deal with the bad carbs, depending on how many generations it has been in our family. Anyway, blah, blah, blah.
I don't mean to preach. Don't hold me to it. Just thought I'd put in my two cents. Oh yes, and it's just my opinion, everyone's entitled to their opinion, right?
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 10:54
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 228/150/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 84%

everybody keeps talking about fitday Where is this and how do I do it?
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 12:22

BF:

Stephanie,
Go to fitday.com and sign up, it's free. This is where you are able to put in all the foods that you have eaten that day and it will tell you how much carbs, fat, protein you have eaten and their percentages to each other.
If you can't find the food you ate listed, you can always use the "custom food" field and enter your food from the information off the nutrition label.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 12:28

BF:

Okay, first day on induction (again).
This time I took my vitamins early before breakfast and I took a potassium. It was suggested that I had to take potassium to avoid headaches. In my case, the headaches are montrous.
I just had lunch and I feel pretty good -- headache free. (knock on wood)
Yesterday, I was feeling my headache by this time and that's when I ran to get my carb fix. So far, so good today.
I'm giving induction a full 14 days and I'm not getting on the scale until the 15th day. I figured that way I won't get discouraged.
I measured already yesterday. I suppose I should re-measure today.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 13:15

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber130
What do you all take for your headaches?
TODAY, is my first day of re-induction again. I blew it yesterday due to my astronomical headache. I can't stand them. I get so sick to the point I'm hugging the toilet bowl like it's my friend. That's one thing I don't like when I start up on induction and so I just have to stop. They call it the flu, but I say it's more like a freight train running over my head.

Yesterday, when I put in all my food on fitday of the food I was "suppose" to eat, I was at 70% fat/3% carbs/29% protein ---- is this good? Who knows?
I would appreciate a prompt answer.
I'm going to have my coffee, cream and splenda right now.

fat between 60-75% is perfect on this diet. your aiming for around a 65%/3-4%/30% ratio daily. Thats where i come in daily and have lost 15 lbs my first 3 weeks! The induction flu symptoms can range from headaches, achy muscles, nausea and other things. For me i had a headache on day 2 and i just dealt with it, day 3-6 i had really achy muscles and felt weak..days 7-8 i had nausea...by day 10 i was completely over all symptoms and felt awesome. Yes, we are withdrawing from our addictive substances and we will feel it...just push through it. It WILL end..i promise! adding carbs back in over and over to get past the headache will only prolong it hate to say!! Sounds like your doing great. you CAN do this!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 13:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/124/100 Female 4 feet 11 inches
BF:38%/25%/20%
Progress: 52%

I agree. It sounds like you're fighting the same battle over and over. If we look at it as breaking an addiction, would it be worth it to take a couple days off to quit smoking? or herion? Why not this? The grip breads had on me was motivating as hell for me, but my withdrawal symptoms weren't as bad as yours. Maybe you need some time off, and a good friend to nurse you through this. Is it worth it?
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 21:13
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!
Progress: 100%

Quote:
What was the fat to protein to carb percentage again? Does anyone remember?

Atkins never provided a working percentage since it's pretty useless at the end of the day....however, from my experience in looking at what people eat on induction, the averages I see at 1600 calories (about how much you should be eating daily right now at your weight if you want to avoid starvation mode) is

5% carbohydrate (20g net - total minus fiber)
20-30% protein (80g to 120g)
65-75% fat (115g to 133g)