Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 11:21
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein Principal
Stats: 147/147/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Congrats Chewie!!!

You must be doing something right!!!

I know how you feel about other people thinking you're suffering. How about those weird looks at the coffee stand when you dump plenty of half-and-half into your coffee and the (skinny) girl next to you is dribbling nonfat milk into hers. Ooo, I love that one!!!

About my weight loss, I wouldn't want to give you the wrong impression. It took me four years to lose those 40+ pounds and I did it the low-fat way (as I had not heard about low-carbing). The lowest I've ever been was 128. I am only 5 ft, which is why I've got the 115 goal. Personally, I'm not sure I was meant to be 115, but I figure I can tweak this when I get to where I once was, i.e., 125 or so. I sort of did Weight Watchers, only I'd skip a lot of meals. I didn't weigh myself regularly but could feel the weight loss on my clothes. When my mother came for a visit and we went shopping, I realized I'd gone down from an 18 to a 12! It was a good feeling and hard to believe that it was happening. HOWEVER, I knew I was doing unhealthy things to my body. My main reason for starting low-carb (and particularly Schwarzbein) was for health reasons, and I'm pleased as punch with the results. I am reminded of what I went through when I talk to the girl who works with me. She's a petite 22, a cute little thing, but with horrible eating habits. She has no breakfast and only fruit for lunch (something like an apple and a banana), and then she wonders why she feels sick/has headaches/has joint pain/is tired all the time. And it makes me SO GLAD I stopped all of that and am eating right!

Sorry, Chewie, if I went on and on. Even if the weight loss slows down, have faith that it will continue. I'd lost faith for a while, but I'm slowly making my way back to doing the plan RIGHT and I feel much better!

Tal
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 22:42

Plan: schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 290/290/198 Male 6 feet 2 inches
BF:

When you say she's a petit 22 do you mean her size is a 22? My wife is 5 8 and a size 4 and 6 depending on the clothes. Must be nice huh? Are you ready for this really disgusting fact. At her most pregnant she weighed 140. She doesn't watch what she eats at all. She doesn't eat a lot though. She takes a normal restuarant dinner and eats half usually. I know I probably could get kicked out of here for posting the above
  #123   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 08:34

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

Chewie, with the size of most resturant dinners (all price ranges) anymore (more than one person servings) your wife has a good idea. Carry home containers/'doggy bags' are a great way to go!

And Dew Tal I know what you are talking about I have heard capable, adult, organized women deal with thier 'diets' like that. I heard one women say "I have just eaten one orange all day long--I am *so* proud of myself!" I thought don't you know that humans are supposed to eat and what are you proud of? But that is so like some of the patient examples in Sp.'s book on yo-yo dieting. It so much is not building the body correctly.
  #124   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 09:18

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Thumbs up

Jerry, CONGRATULATIONS! 4 pounds, WOW! You are doing so well. --TheBetty
  #125   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 09:49

BF:

Thanks Betty
  #126   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 14:19
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 205/175/170
BF:
Progress: 86%

Hi, I'm new and this is my first time posting! I hope it goes through ok.

I am so thrilled to finally find a Schwarzbein forum.

I started on her diet plan but found it too restrictive, so now I combine her eating plan with an eating plan called the Insulin Resistance Diet. The Insulin Resistance diet follows the same basic principles as the Schwarzbein Diet, but it's much more liveable. It's the same in that you link proteins with carbs, which Schwarzein prefers, but it's also different in many ways. However, combining the two works for me.

I once read that the most sucessful people who have made major, permanent changes in their eating are the ones who take an eating plan and tweak it to fit their needs, lifestyles. I couldn't agree more, so that's what I've been doing.

Glad to meet you all! Spirit
  #127   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 16:11

BF:

Welcome my friend. Good to have you join us! Your doing great already and you just joined us WAY TO GO!