Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#106   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 12:20

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Back from the store. I stopped at the farm stand and got some native tomatoes (nothing smells as good as a native tomato), some peas (a little HC, but tolerable), and strawberries ($4.25 a quart!). At the grocery store I got some cut up broccoli and cauliflower, and the fixings for cole slaw and my spinach dip. The slaw is made (had to "fudge" on the dressing since I didn't have all the ingredients -- make that, I had NONE of the ingredients). Had a small dish of strawberries and cream. Forgot how good native strawberries are.

Lunch will be the slaw and some rolled ham, and VERY diluted Kool-Aid. The mix makes 1/2 gallon, but I use a full gallon of water. And it calls for 1 cup of sugar; I use 1/2 cup of Splenda. Way too sweet the normal way.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 12:25

BF:
Talking Bawdy Dip

1 cup ricotta cheese
1 pkg vegetable soup/recipe mix
1 pkg (10 ounce) frozen spinach
1 pkg (8 ounce) neufachatel (or regular philly cheese)
1 jar diced pimiento
1/3 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese

Mix everything together EXCEPT the cheddar. Refrigerate for several hours so the soup/recipe mix rehydrates and the flavors blend. You can eat it just like this, or . . .

Spread the dip out in a pie or quiche plate. Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese. Microwave at medium-high for 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese has melted and the dip looks hot.

It is so easy. Great for pot lucks.

#108   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 15:39

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Acipenser- you look like I have seen you some where...HHHHHHHMmmmmmmmmmm

I saw 178.5 today...will it stay?
  #109   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 15:50
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Sounds yummy Bawdy...

Son refused to pay, not even a portion.. I was livid. But true to form...
  #110   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 23:29

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

hey there pals.

Quote:
Acipenser- you look like I have seen you some where...HHHHHHHMmmmmmmmmmm

well.... we are both in the pacific nw. it is possible we have crossed pathes somewhere. have you figured it out yet?? actually i get that comment alot. i think i have one of those "familiar" type of faces.

i am feeling kinda blah/bloated/and grouchy.... leave it to the dear bf to ask me if it is b**ch week....hehe hopefully something is around the corner and i will feel better soon.

i feel better eating fruit this weekend. i will give it another week of just adding in fruit and nuts and then see if i feel up to adding some grains in. we will also see how the scale is feeling. (hopefully good...)

Bawdy--- nothing beats produce fresh from a farm stand. that is actually one thing that we don't see around where i live that i miss from back east.

Lissette and Wendy-- thanks for the encouragment and kind words. it is taking some getting used to to see my face on all my posts. does any body else feel that way ( that used to not have a pic up there and now does...?)

Dawn-- sory to hear about your son. it stinks when family does hurtful things.

have a great night!!
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 23:54
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Bawdy Dip
Sounds like it woul make a snappy omelette filling too!

Karen
  #112   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 00:10

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Karen is that your real hair?
It looks like yor other pic with new hair
  #113   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 04:24

BF:

Unity, I think Karen has been visiting hairstylist.com!

I'm turning over a new leaf this week and trying to make healthier food choices. So, instead of grabbing a slice of LC toast with peanut butter, I made myself 3 scrambled eggs with a bit of shredded Cheddar cheese. To give it a little zing, I liberally sprinkled some cayenne pepper in it. Talk about an eye-opener!

KAREN, if you're still around, and if you are tempted to try my recipe, tell me what it's missing. It's really really good, but when I was having it yesterday, it almost tasted a bit bland. Is there an herb or something that would give it a kick?

Off to work. I'll catch up tonight.
  #114   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 06:51

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Morning all!

going to be another scorcher here today, yesterday was 103*!!! I DID NOT want to go out on my tractor, but a job's a job!

Michele, yes I know what you mean, I am so usto seeing a cow for me also!! It is wierd to see my mug out there too!!! But it is nice to see what all of our pp pals look like!!! (ELAINE??????????????)

Bawdy, I am NOT exactly qualified like Karen, but how about some chives and green onions chopped up fine????????? Next time we get to the big city I am going to buy it and make some! Our neighborhood ranches are getting together later on today for a nut feed and potluck, I would of loved to of brought that,(can I borrow some???) well I just went ahead and made chocolate chip cookies for it. (and NO I did NOT sample!!!) That is the one thing that I find difficult with this woe, I am such a "cook by taste" then following a recipe, but I am learning, I also have my dh and ds for "testers"!

Dawn, It seems like in almost every family we have some tough kids, The last time we went up to Rapid we had just pulled into the hospital parking lot (to go see our daughter and baby) when our oldest had called my m- in- law ( who was with us just parking). our dd was in the same parking lot and was TOO BUSY to pull back in or even to drive by and say hello!There has not been any quarrels either. (they live over an hour away from Rapid and we do not get to see them much!) And she would not even call or talk to her dad, ( think that she has issues that her sister has 2 kids now and she is stopping at one) AND her mother was at the hospital ( she plays games that way also.) So last night she calls and when her dad mentions that she doesn't apologise and trys to justify it! KIDS!!! They think that parents don't have feelings, even when they are SUPPOSED to be grown up!!! Well i could go on but you all do not need this negative stuff so early in the morning!!!

Hello to Elaine, Unity,Ellie,Therese,Karen,Orang(miss you!)And to everyone else here! Have a GREAT MONDAY! (if possible!!!)
  #115   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 08:04

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Sorry I've been absent lately. I've been busy with my parents move. My dh and my dad went up to get the last of it.

Last night I found out my dd (23) will be getting married in September of this year. And, I also found out that I'll be a grandma next year. Yippee, I'm so excited! I do wish they were already married, I'm a little old fashioned, but I'm excited to plan a wedding. They'll be getting married here in Utah.

I've been sticking to my plan, and walking, and I'm down a few more pounds.
  #116   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 09:55
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

I have been chuckling at Karens 'do'.. its ..er..um..unique

Bawdy.. was going to suggest the chives and green onion bit too..

Song- keep up the great work, getting folks settled in a move is time consuming!

Michelle-boyfriends have b*** cycles too.. lol.. we just dont get to call it their monthly!

Lis-that is hot..we are getting some heat in atlanta too..what makes ours kinda rough is the dewpoint/humidity.. phew::::::::: wipes her brow ::::::::::

As I was writing in my journal.. about my son and all..there is an upside.. I am now out of the emotional debate/dilemna about whether he should move back home (again!) and live w/ us to get him out of that drug house of horrors he has gotten himself into.. debate OVER. Saved myself alot of future grief, by realizing and seeing thru his silly behavior.

Went to Curves this morning..and got my second month weigh in and measurements!

Lost another 3.25 inches for a grand total of 11.5 inches gone from this body and lost 5 more pounds for a grand total of 16.50 pounds since attending curves. Pretty good numbers there, and I am feeling very good about the whole thing.
  #117   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 09:56

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Alas, I have no digital pictures to share with you right now. I will have to work on that.In the meantime, I will tell everyone that Bawdy's picture is really me, I look SOO great
It's fun to see acipenser and I remember Lisette's picture form the darkside
I'm feeling very achy the last few days and think I need to up my carbs from "induction" type levels (20-30). I'll let you know if it helps. But I ate clean all weekend and swam a few laps yesterday. I keep thinking I am farther along from the surgery than I really am. June 25 was 3 months and they say it can take at least 6 to feel like yourself again.
  #118   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 11:39

BF:

Elaine, don't you dare! I finally have a good photo taken of me, and now you want to claim it as your own!

On the other hand . . . I'm truly flattered! Thank you so much. You just made my day!
  #119   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 12:09

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi ladies....this just a quick drive by Induction is going well, 1 week down and feeling good. I don't think I have ever been this strict...hopefully it will payoff. I am have major TOM issues so I won't weigh for a while yet.

Yesterday's menu

Brunch: 2 cups coffee w/cream 2 eggs, 3 sl bacon
snacks through day: mock cheese crackers, 3 deviled eggs
dinner: grilled steak and chicken breast, broccoli/caluiflower mix with a large pat of butter
Snack: SF lime jello whipped cream

WTG Elaine!!!!!

#120   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 17:43

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 225/214/180 Male 69 inches
BF:37%
Progress: 24%

Hi ladies, it appears as if I'm the only man here but please allow my intrusion. First, I want to thank everyone here who has given me good advice. I am half way reading PP lifeplan and I registered with fitday.com yesterday. Great site and now I've decided to watch my calories along with the carb . I'm really excited about all this LCing and it is working good. I'm now at 209# from 225 on June 1st. This is my 9th day of induction ......or... PP book 1 calls it Phase 1 Intervention. This evening for dinner I had a real treat, 6 0z of fish fillets with my favorite lettuce (fresh leaf lettuce) I tightly chop 3 green onions, put it in a bowl, then I poured whipping cream (about 1/2 c) on top of the onions and mix the two as to form a thick paste. I added enough salt to give a salty taste. I chop 5 or 6 leaves of lettuce (enough to fill a good bowl) and mix it all in. The cream will have a tendancy to go to the bottom so you have to keep mixing it as you eat it....try it and let me know what you think of it.
Closed Thread