Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  Miracle Diet - Weight Loss and Clear Skin

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Mon, May-07-07, 19:36

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 180/144.6/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 79%

awesome job...any before or after pics?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-10-07, 11:49
greenshamr

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Talking

I, too, have also dealt with acne all of my life. As soon as I would start low carb'ing...my acne would disappear. I think its elminating all those nasty carbs and sugars that are the culprit!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-10-07, 12:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/178/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 30%

Come to think of it, I havent had a single pimple since starting Atkins!!! WOOHOO!

Im 25, and still get them - ack. Now my skin is beautiful .
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 14:40

Stats: 205/167.8/135 Female 5'5"
BF:yep
Progress: 53%

Thank you for your testimony. I think it helps to know we are all in the same boat. I get so discouraged sometimes and reading post like yours help get me through. I to was like you - it seemed no matter what I did, how few calories I took in, I would not lose weight. It seemed that all I had to do was look at food and I'd put on the weight. Atkins has been a blessing to me too. I'm only 1/2 way to my goal but I'll get there!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-20-07, 16:39

Plan: Any low-carb
Stats: 280/270/185 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 11%

"I know how my body reacts to foods with a high glycemic content. I puff up like a balloon and BREAK out. I think the rewards of eating better and looking great are much higher than the short gratification of eating junk."

lol N1 ^^
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 17:19
Registered Member

Stats: 169/169/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

First of all you look amazing... wow!
second... can you please give me sample menu! im in the same situation you were before... i cant seem to get below 170. its irritating! please help! I would love to lose weight like you have! and thank you for posting your story... its very inspiring!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Denise
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-22-07, 08:40

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 169/154/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Smile My diet

Thank you all for your comments. My diet mainly consists of scrambled eggs with cheese and either sausage or bacon for breakfast with a glass of Crystal light, coffee, or a sugar free Red Bull. For lunch, I will either get a grilled chicken salad from McDonalds or a whopper (not eating the bun) or a taco salad from Taco Bell (no shell). I am really bad about packing a lunch but this seems to work. I have a can of peanuts at work too that I munch on since they are low in carbs, but you have to be careful to eat the serving size and not the whole can. (It is so tasty) For dinner, my fiance and I usually eat stir-fry. I love those frozen stir-fry veggie with either chicken, beef, or steak-ums. Add as much parmesan cheese as you like. Our other favorite dish is low carb chili - just don't add kidney beans. Instead, its hamburger, stewed tomotoes, green peppers, onion, tomato sauce, and chili pepper. Add lots of hamburger. We also eat pork chops and steak with veggies too. The best is mock mashed potatoes made with cooked cauliflower, blended with sour cream and butter. And for dessert (which is my favorite part), we have small bowls of strawberry, vanilla, or chocolate low carb ice cream (Breyers) or the low carb ice cream bars. If I am craving a snack, I munch on hard salami slices or chedder cheese cube. I love hot dogs with cheese and a side of broccoli. Well, thats about it. I would love to hear others favorite recipes.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-23-07, 11:32
Registered Member

Stats: 169/169/135 Female 5'6
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annegirl80
Thank you all for your comments. My diet mainly consists of scrambled eggs with cheese and either sausage or bacon for breakfast with a glass of Crystal light, coffee, or a sugar free Red Bull. For lunch, I will either get a grilled chicken salad from McDonalds or a whopper (not eating the bun) or a taco salad from Taco Bell (no shell). I am really bad about packing a lunch but this seems to work. I have a can of peanuts at work too that I munch on since they are low in carbs, but you have to be careful to eat the serving size and not the whole can. (It is so tasty) For dinner, my fiance and I usually eat stir-fry. I love those frozen stir-fry veggie with either chicken, beef, or steak-ums. Add as much parmesan cheese as you like. Our other favorite dish is low carb chili - just don't add kidney beans. Instead, its hamburger, stewed tomotoes, green peppers, onion, tomato sauce, and chili pepper. Add lots of hamburger. We also eat pork chops and steak with veggies too. The best is mock mashed potatoes made with cooked cauliflower, blended with sour cream and butter. And for dessert (which is my favorite part), we have small bowls of strawberry, vanilla, or chocolate low carb ice cream (Breyers) or the low carb ice cream bars. If I am craving a snack, I munch on hard salami slices or chedder cheese cube. I love hot dogs with cheese and a side of broccoli. Well, thats about it. I would love to hear others favorite recipes.

Sounds easy enough... im gonna have to start doing that! thank you for the feedback! The thing i love to eat the most on Atkins is Chicken wings...Fry a batch of chicken wings in some oil... when they look about almost done i remove them and put them in a bowl with some Reds hot sauce and some butter and a lil of lemon juice and make sure i get all the wings! Put it in the oven so it can get a lil crispy and VOILA!! hmmmmm... soooo good! and ill have a side of steamed brocoli with mayo! Its to die for !haha
But thank you for being an inspiration! I kinda have a personal question... you werent really big to begin with but did you end up with any Loose skin!? just asking in case i need to be prepared?! Thank you for replying!!!

Denise
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-23-07, 11:35

Plan: Which one?
Stats: 309/306/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Diet sounds tasty and I think we could do that. My bf and I need to lose. I have to lose more than 100. I did low carb and lost 70 once and put it all back on when I started working two jobs. I think my diet was too strict at that time and I gave into high carb comfort foods. All I ate was salad, lean grilled meat and some fruits. This time I will add some low carb comfort foods and get some recipes for more variety.

My bf was having trouble losing when he tried to go low carb again a few months ago but did not lose any pounds. I think his diet was too high in fat and cals. He was going super low carb though.

This time we will add more veggies and some lower carb fruits.

BTW my skin cleared up also when I did low carb and exercised.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-24-07, 07:27

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 169/154/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Re: Loose Skin

No loose skin, but I still have stretch marks, yuck. The chicken wings sound really tasty!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-07, 06:40
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

You look awesome!! Congrats, and I hope you're enjoying a nice new summer wardrobe.

I'm stuck with life-long acne, too. LC definitely keeps it under control.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-08, 09:40

Plan: If, fast 5, warrior diet
Stats: 178/174/143 Female 174cm
BF:
Progress: 11%

STUNNING!
Great job, your an inspiration to us all!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-08, 20:41

Plan: LC/carnivore 6/26/23
Stats: 200/194/137 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Anne: How much coffee did you drink and did you put anything in it or just drank it black? Please let me know, You can respond here or in my journal. Thanks! You look GREAT
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 21:03

Stats: 210/210/150 Female 68 in.
BF:

I am 41 and still suffer from acne. It has gotten worse the last couple of years. Make up seems to aggravate it but I have to use it or I am embarrassed to be seen. Prescription meds only work for a while... They dry my skin terribly. Do I want acne or wrinkles hmmmm let me think I have been low carbing for 5 days now and feel great. I too hope the acne starts to disappear! I will let you know.... Keep up the good work!

Article tools