Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 18:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/166.5/150 Female 5ft5inches
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default restaurants in the states with low carb menus

we are from Canada and just tried the restaurant called souper salads and it was great good value for the money 5.79 and the salad was good. Just wondered if you have any suggestions I really love the buffet type thing so I have lots of choices. Thanks for any help you may have. I have seen Luby's advertized anyone tried there food?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 19:46
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2donnalee
we are from Canada and just tried the restaurant called souper salads and it was great good value for the money 5.79 and the salad was good. Just wondered if you have any suggestions I really love the buffet type thing so I have lots of choices. Thanks for any help you may have. I have seen Luby's advertized anyone tried there food?

Calories and Carbs in Luby's
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 07:02

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Yeah, I love Souper Salad. And Luby's they have Chicken Fried steak w/o the breading & they put bacon & cheese. It's low carb & really good. If you have a Ryan's Steak House check the out I think the buffet is $8 -$10. But they have roast beef , ham & lot's of low carb options.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 07:58

BF:

Thank you I have heard of Ryan's steak house I will have to try that. Thanks again
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 08:09

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

How about Hometown Buffet? Maybe that's on the wrong side of the States for you? You could make bad and good choices there. It's all up to you!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-06, 15:40

BF:

I just found one called Golden Coral what a great place. It cost 6.50 for all you can eat buffet. They had grilled hamburgers pork chops roast beef chicken salads and vegetables all fresh made there was a lot of great choices for my husband to everything you can think of must of been 25 different desserts I did not have any of that. Or the fresh baked bread. So anyone out there looking for a place to go and still eat legal that is the place it is a chain store so I am sure there is one in almost every city. we are in Brownsville right now as we travel on to Arizona and Nevada I will whatch for this eatery.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-06, 06:37

Plan: low fat, low calorie
Stats: 283/283/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 0%

Golden Corral is wonderful. You have so many LC choices that your plate will look like the Non Dieters around you.
I find too that you can always ask the resturant to hold sauces or breading, and that is not a problem. Hot dogs with chili are a big thing around here, so we drive through and ask for the coneys with cheese, and chili without the bun...I must not be the only one requesting that because they dont bat an eye to fix it that way.