Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#676   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-23, 05:30

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz.....Enjoy your day off! I hope it's a sunny one! I hope you continue to get good news from your Bestie on her surgery and what she faces going forward.

As far as why DH is still worrying. It's ridiculous really. There is nothing that can be changed at this point. He keeps 2nd guessing whether we should have held out for more $$ for the house and not sold it to the Dr. There was more to it than the number on the paperwork. The fact that he would allow her to live there for the rest of her life etc. Of course, we didn't know that she would end up in a nursing home, but that's the way it goes. He worries that the $$ will run out etc etc. I thought he was doing better, but he's moping around this morning again. Round and round we go.

Trig.....Oh my...you are getting hit with all manner of crap! Sorry about MIL and her potential problems and sorry that your vacay has to be canceled. As Jaz said, at least you didn't start out and have the truck break down and leave you stranded.

Nic....Last minute packing today? What is the weather forecast for your time in Ireland? I was there in the summer, so I don't know what it may be like at this time of year. Is your DD a proud homeowner now? I seem to remember that the closing was this week?

---------

April 1st....time marches on. Today starts the walking challenge that I joined. We have rain now, but should have a break from around Noon-4. Then we get severe storms and wind gusts up to 60mph. Not a fan. The high today is 70 and the high tomorrow is 50....WTH? Stupid weather. Showers & windy all week. I'm anxious for warm mornings when I can get my walk in early. I love being out there when the sun is coming up and the birds start singing.
Sponsored Links
  #677   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-23, 06:15

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Nic
- Is today travel day? I am so curious about your travels and what you are going to see while you are in Ireland!

Trig-
- Goodness, you are having a week! I am sorry. I hope you can book something else soon. Anyway, to take a day your two here and there? Day trips?

Hope your truck gets fixed. You have alot going on- might as well just get it done and let it roll. Life sometimes gets in our way of the plans we make!

Lori- Any plans this weekend? Was your dinner out good?
------------------------------------------------------------

I was SOOOOOOOO tired yesterday I went to bed last night at 8 pm. That is crazy- Rested now!

Got a few errands to do before these big thunder boomers roll in. Then I will be in for the day! They are the severe ones! Atlanta is getting hammered as I type this!

I was hoping to get in a walk- I will see if I can!

Otherwise - will be an indoor day! I am doing laundry and going to wash the comforter and dog blankets...ie several loads!

Best get to the store and back- they are on the way! So much for that walk!

Gives me a chance to make it a pj day!
  #678   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-23, 11:20

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

Checking in quickly- leaving tmrw for Ireland, and K/B are moving into their townhome today so a lot of balls are in the air. Shocking, right?

Jaz- that was just crazy about the married guy. I tell ya, it is rough out there. I know that just from what you have experienced!

Glad you got some good sleep last night!

Lori- Worrying is so counterproductive and stressful, yet I do it too. Ugh. I feel for him but I also really feel for you!

Trig- man oh man, that really stinks. I am so sorry about the vacay and the MIL and the repairs. All of it. I don't blame you for being totally over it all right now.

Well, that's about it from me. Trying to stay fairly chill and just let things unfold. The second half of the month has changed and I'll be headed to ATL - got a call from the MoW person there and it just seems like things aren't sustainable until the summer. But I'll worry about that later.

Hugs, all.
  #679   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-23, 04:20

BF:

Up too early for a Sunday!

NIC- SAFE And WONDERFUL TRAVELS!!!! SEND PICS!!!!!!!!

Hope todays rolls fast! Gotta work it! Then tomorrow and Tue. off Wed. Off NEXT weekend! Going forward I will have a weekend day to word and rarely 2 days off in a row.
10 weeks to go and counting. Starting week 4.

I am up 5 pounds?!?!?!?!?!? I did have a bowl of green beans yesterday. I also heavily salted them. I also had orange roughy.
I feel bloaty and puffy and not sure why. I also did make my own chicken broth from the Rotisserie chicken. It was heavy in the salt too. SALT?!?!? Never had issues before with salt.
Not going to sweat it. I didn't need the green beans. But i was in the store getting shrimp and they were on sale and I thought, you know it has been a good long minute since I have had veg of any kind beyond a few peppers in my chili.

I really don't need veggies or want them most of the time as they are pretty useless to me and make my gut hurt. Thankfully the green beans didn't. I guess if I were going to "cheat" green beans aren't the worst thing I could put in my body. KWIM? Anyhoo- back to my meat-based plan! It just works for me!

Not much else moving and shaking here. Just eating, working, and sleeping, getting in walks when I can.

No rain here yesterday- it all went southeast! St. Simon got nailed! Just big winds.

Burgers on tap and chicken/ mayo today. I might go back to my OMAD. It worked for me, until I started working, Getting up at 5 am I am hungry by noon. Then I eat AGAIN at 5. I don't eat alot at noon- but I am wondering if that is my stall. I wasn't doing that before.

I will figure it out-

Gotta run!!!!!!

Have a great day
  #680   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-23, 04:54

BF:

Good Morning!

Sitting here thinking about Nic winging her way across the big water to Ireland! Sigh.....I'm itching to go somewhere....though I hate the thought of airports and planes and all of that hassle. I'd love to go on a cruise with my sister again, but the thought of the logistics of getting to the ship and all that is just too much for my brain to process right now.

Jaz....Hope it's a calm Sunday at the hospital. Oh the scale is a fickle b!tch! I feel ya on that.

Trig.....Hope the day is calm for you too! You've had enough crap thrown at you lately.

---------

Yesterday's weather was crazy! It got up to 70 and then a cold front blew through with the threat of severe weather. We had a little rain and a bit of wind, but nothing severe. Something happened somewhere close evidently, because our power was out for 2 hours from 5:15 to 7:15 last night. We had just gotten home from visiting Betty and I threw some leftovers on the stove to warm for DH. They got warm enough before the power went and he was able to eat his dinner. i had to wait until the power came back to clean up the kitchen etc as we have a well pump for our water and no power means no water. Anyway, just happy that we didn't have any bad t-storms here....not a fan.

I walked for an hour yesterday....was dressed too warmly for 70 degrees! Today it'll be in the 40's when I go for my walk. Brrr! I have to do a minimum of 30 minutes a day....I think today I'll only be doing what I have to. Cold weather wimp here.

Not planning on doing much today other than my walk. Tenderloin steaks and shrimp cocktails for dinner.....yum. I could eat that nearly every day.

Have good days!
  #681   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-23, 08:23

BF:

Jaz sorry about the bounce. I bet it goes back down pretty quickly. Hope your day is good!

Lori- yeah with everything going on it is hard to plan for a trip. Soon though hopefully!

We had CRAZY winds yesterday, and thunderstorms too. Better yesterday than today!
Headed out relatively soon. Crazy! Nerves are jangling but that is to be expected!
  #682   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-23, 15:37

BF:

Back from work- not a crazy day. Had a helper- wo helped ALOT! so between the two of us we got it done.

NIC- Thinking about you as well! As I type this you are in flight somewhere in the skies headed to parts of the world we dream about! SAFE TRAVELS! PICS!

Lori- I could eat steak and shrimp every day too!!!!!!! Glad you had a nice and quiet day!

Hiya Trig- how is your weekend rolling out?!?!? I sure hope you got some of your stuff worked out! I know you got a busy week ahead as opposed to a spring break. Hoping you can rebook!
--------------------------------------------------------

chill time sloppy joe 3 carbs!!!!

later gators
  #683   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-23, 03:14

BF:

Good Morning!

The start of a busy week. Today is a chiro appt., tomorrow is golf, Wednesday & Thursday the auction/clean out people are coming. I just need to add in to that my minimum 30 minute walk each day. I went out for my walk yesterday when it was 40 degrees with a brisk north wind. Ugh. I found a lined windbreaker in my stash and it worked really well. The only part of me that was cold was my face.

The tenderloin steaks and shrimp were yummy. I also sauteed some baby portabella mushrooms....yum. I think tonight will be a fish sandwich for DH and I'm not sure what I'll have. I think I have a leftover burger in the fridge.

----------

Trig.....Hope yesterday was a better day. How did you ever make out with the prom dress saga?

Nic.....Waking up in Ireland! How is the weather? What's on tap for today?

Jaz....Glad you had a helper yesterday. Will she be with you today too?

-----------

That's it from here. Up at 4AM as usual.....my days start much too early!
  #684   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-23, 03:39

BF:

Hey I am up stupid early too Lori! LOLOLOL

Sipping my coffee before my time eludes me!

Lori- Your week sounds pleasantly busy! All GOOD things! Add to the fact you are walking and putting that into the mix! YAY for you!
Think about it- your caregiving days are over. You are beginning a new chapter in your life and hubby too (once he figures it out). Your life is now YOURS! AWESOME- Win win win! -
Once this sale of stuff is over, it is pretty much over. Granted you will have to clean out the first floor at some point or donate it all - in all honesty you can call to have it done.

I am thinking burgers today as well. Simple and straight up.
nothing fancy today.
Keeping it simple for me seems to be a good recipe. I can go sideways pretty darn quick!

Trig- how did your weekend go? Thinking about all your "things" to handle this week! We all have "those" weeks. I am stuck in one as well.
Check in if you can- "in a mood" or not! We will take you AS IS!!!!

Nic- Tell us what it's like? Does the air even smell different? I am not being funny. I know that even domestically traveling I notice the air smelly different.
I am wondering if the sky is as blue, or is it misty like London?
I am curious if the places you stay are big or small and compact? Are you waking up to a bustling citing or rolling hills?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I should book a flight myself! Someday I just might!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

This week is going to be rough I am already prepped. I am telling myself that no matter what: Go in, do what you can and go home. We are down 4 people (that quit) and Spring break is this week and 3 people are out. Leaving the rest of us to pick up 2 more extra assignments plus out own. RIDICULAS

Already thinking about my next weekend. Next weekend is mine. I want to try to make it to Edisto. It is on my MUST see before I leave list.

Just cruising and trying not to have a "f"it attitude- but boy it that hard at this juncture! HAHAHAHAHAH
Yup- note to self. Never more than one tour at any given place going forward!

That's it for now!
  #685   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-23, 04:10

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, safe fun time on your trip!!

Lori you got a busy week lined up but will feel fab to have the home cleared out and alot of that work handled!

Jazz, hard to say f it I am sure! I am sayin' f it constantly right now HAHA Yea in a mood, not a doubt about that.

----------just doing and being and in a mood for sure. Seem so down, can't seem to zip me up ya know. Will get there tho, got no choice LOL

no dress. nothing she liked. I liked one on her but it was 'too grandma' looking she said but darn she looked great in it. didn't like the lighter blue color and the sequin pattern on it, oh well....friday she off from school so we will go to a prom dress place 2 towns over and see what they got.

over and out, be good everyone
  #686   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-23, 17:27

BF:

Hey everyone –

Checking in from Galway Ireland! It’s been a long couple of days and my body has slept a couple of hours now and thinks it’s all finished! I think we went something like 34 hours without sleep. Sure, two hours will do the trick!

Jazz, I can’t speak much do the weather as of yet because we haven’t been here long. There was sun when we arrived. After that it’s been predominantly heavily cloudy with some wind and a few sprinkles this evening. I do know we have some rain coming, but also some days that are cloudy but purportedly no rain. We are staying in a small bed-and-breakfast within walking distance of Galway city. We walked into town quite easily this afternoon.

Tomorrow we will have breakfast here at the bed-and-breakfast, then we’re doing a walking tour for an hour and a half at 11 and then we are doing a cooking class in a local persons home out in county Galway at four. She will be doing a hands-on teaching cooking class on making homemade Irish soda, bread and scones. I’m actually really looking forward to hanging out with someone local and hearing about the culture and all the things that she has to share about the area. I have a feeling for me this will be one of the big highlights of the trip.

Lori, I hope you’re able to get your walks in and that you enjoy your golf later on this week.

Trig, you have really had a pile oin the last few days. I’m sorry you weren’t able to find a dress with your daughter, but maybe you can enjoy the shopping coming up and y’all can make a fun day out of it.

So, Jaz, you think you’re just gonna do one time wherever you go from now on? Overall, though at least you’ve got to enjoy the Charleston area. And some good beach time!

I am completely wide awake and it’s a little after midnight Ireland time. I’m gonna lay here, bored, and maybe I’ll eventually fall asleep, so I can work on getting in the right time zone!
  #687   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-23, 02:51

BF:

Good Morning!

I woke up at 2:30 and just rolled around until just about 4 and finally got up. Sigh....Long day ahead. I have to get my 30 minute walk in early and then get ready to head to the golf course. I'm looking forward to golf, but I wish I could have slept better.

---------

Nic......Thanks for checking in! The plans you've shared sound like so much fun...and interesting! Can't wait to hear all about it. I hope your sleep straightens out soon. It's rough when you travel across time zones.

Jaz.....I think you have a good attitude about the job. Go in, do your best, leave. You have to save your sanity!

Trig....Oh yeah, these moods come and go. We just have to get through each day and hope the next one is better, right?

---------

Well, I'm going to head out for my walk between 6:30 and 7. I need to leave for the golf course around 8:45. I hope the coffee kicks in soon.
  #688   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-23, 04:22

BF:

DOT- Back after work
--------------------------------------------------------------

Back.......... just finished my left-over steak dipped in blue cheese dressing! Yum-

Today was so rough. I am carrying 3 caseloads right now and unable to get it all done! Another person quit yesterday, and another person has Covid and not coming back for a minute, 2 people are off for Spring Break

So they ask me if I would consider working tomorrow, my day off. I thought about it and said yeah. I need tire money. I need 4 new tires. The "new" one I got from that accident is a piece of trash. At some point I need brakes!
I want GREAT TIRES! So yeah I will work it.
Get in do what I can do and I do not stay..... I leave at 4 regardless of what is done or not.

NIC- - can't wait to hear all about your adventure! I am tickled you are visiting a local tomorrow and making bread! Little bread, a little oil, wine........please shut the front door!!!!!!!!

Lori- awesome you got your golf day in!

Hiya Trig-

later gators- so tired.

EDITED: still up- sun is going down over the river. I have my back patio screen open and getting the "night air filtering in. I have no noise on in the apt- no TV ect... so all I hear is the night creatures outside making their way to a hiding spot or crawling out. Sounds from the river. It IS THE REASON I am here. To experience this. Nature in my living room- watch it unfold as the birds are flying in to their nesting spots. Things making "cricket" sounds, the hum of fluttering of feathers........ Yeah........... work can go to the crap hole. This is why I came here. I hear a tree frog too. OMG if you have never heard a tree frog!!!!!!!!! It is a bit away- but dang they are loud. Sounds of summer time.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

Now I can rest my head to sweet sounds of summer bugs, birds, frogs, .........

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Apr-04-23 at 17:59.
  #689   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-23, 02:33

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, hope you guys are having a great time.

Lori, hope golf was good.....golf time kicking in means decent weather is finally coming our way.

Jaz, yea work for the bucks, I feel ya on that one. Glad you are loving your apt! You and Ruger relaxing, good days. Yes we got tree frogs galore, omgosh after a light rain they go freakin' wild in their tree frog chat

-----------up stupid early. 3:30
eyes popped open and done deal.
gotta call on 'where the hell is my bill' and wondering why it hasnt come for one of mom's house bills. ugh
then do this and that as usual....whatever, don't care one bit on any of it.

just doing and whatever today. same old.
be good all
  #690   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-23, 03:17

BF:

Good Morning!

Early stand-up as usual. DH was awake and rolling around too. He's still in bed, but I know he was awake. Today is a big day for us. Have to be at Betty's house by 8:30 as the auction people are supposed to be there around 9 to start moving stuff out. I really don't want to stand around up there all day....not sure what the plan will be. I think I'll put my walking clothes on and once they are started, I can set off for a walk. DH will be there fussing all day.

Betty had a rough night Monday night and a bad day yesterday. She was nauseous and throwing up a bit plus had many episodes of diarrhea. She looked worn out when we were there yesterday afternoon. Tuesday is the day her Dr. comes to see her, so he gave her a tablet for the nausea and also one for her headache. The Dr. told her that there is a stomach bug going around. Oh great. She isn't around any other residents at all, but of course the nurses are tending to them all so I'm sure things spread. All she wanted when we were there was ice water.....I've never seen her drink so much water. She, of course, didn't eat anything yesterday. We didn't stay too long as she was just exhausted and was fighting to stay awake. I know she just wanted to be left alone. So pathetic.

---------

Jaz.....I'm sorry things are so rough at work. All those people quitting! OY! I'm glad you can just leave at 4 and come home to a nice apartment. I love it when I can have the windows open and listen to the outdoor sounds. Too bad you have to give up your day off, but the $$ will come in handy, no doubt.

Nic.....How did the home visit and cooking demo go? I'm sure you enjoyed it. What's on tap for today?

Trig.....I'm right there with you on the eyes popping open and done deal. Yep....every freakin' night/morning. Yep....just keep plodding along and doing what needs doing.

----------

I had a good time on the golf course yesterday once I got awake. It took a bit and when we started, I thought "I'll never make it". The beer at the turn seemed to help! After our round, we went into the bar and I had a tuna melt and another beer. Then it was home to take a nap with Gabby on my lap before heading to the nursing home. Came home and made a quick dinner for DH and that was all she wrote. I went to bed at 8:30. AdvilPM to the rescue!

Hoping things go well with the moving guys today. Yet another source of stress for us. Onward we go.
Closed Thread