Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-07, 05:16

Plan: low carb
Stats: 330/317.0/154 Female 1.65cm
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default How I broke my stall

I have been on a stall for about a month now. It was driving me up the wall, so bad that I felt like throwing in the towel.

I decided to drink 2 litres of water a day, limit my coffee intake, drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning.
I have lowered my food intake and only eat until I feel satisfied, I dont eat till I feel like falling over. I eliminated the nuts I was eating aswell. I exercise for half an hour a day.

This week with all my changes I made I have lost 2kg which is a little more than 4lbs. I have been on this way of life since the beginning of this year. I was loosing weight like a star in the beginning, never thought I would stall. I guess I lost track of my eating.

I really hope this simple post can help someone else too.

Good luck to everyone and stay strong.

Oh by the way a special thanks to Pilotgal for keeping the faith.

Tracey
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 06:33
Registered Member

Plan: Deciding!!
Stats: 171/165/143 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

Well done on breaking the stall, that is how I got over my first one... for the second one I tried coconut oil, and now I am on the third stall...
The problem is that I forgot the good things I learned from the first stall, and go back to eating too much...

Good Luck!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-07, 03:04

BF:

Same thing happens to me. How do you take the coconut oil? Please let me know, the more tricks I have up my sleeve the better.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-07, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: Deciding!!
Stats: 171/165/143 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

Well, the first time I bought coconut oild, it was party hydrogenated (if that is how you say it), and it really wasn't that nice. I managed to get hold of the virgin coconut oil, and now I cook everything with it and have a tablespoon or so in the morning with some coffee and double cream (kind of a low carb cappucino). It seems to speed up my metabolism no end, I was jumping up and down when I first started taking it, it is like 10 shots of espresso in one! I took it before bed and just could not sleep, so I wouldn't recommend it, but it really worked with me. There are some websites on the benefit of coconut oil (just google, there are a few) and there are some thereads about it.
Ah, and I also use it instead of butter for my flax bread...

Good luck!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-07, 02:08

BF:

Thank you very much mtm103 I will go buy myself litres of the stuff I will take your tips and use them thank you.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-07, 10:21
Registered Member

Plan: my low carb plan
Stats: 343/241/199 Female 000
BF:1st goal-lose 100
Progress: 71%

I am at my stall now and it is driving me crazy. I also was 343 now i am 269 but the scale just don't want to budge. I may try exercising and see how that does for my stall.